Los angeles and San Diego burning

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
Is there any detail interactive (zoom/pan capability) map of the fires location on the net?

Amirrr

Bench Warmer
Jun 8, 2005
Toronto
  • NEW: Fire may burn until it reaches ocean, fire chief says
  • NEW: "A lot of people" will lose homes, fire captain says
  • NEW: San Diego Chargers stadium opened for evacuees

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
My cousin lives in SD. His daughter and two of his sister-in-laws have evacuated to his home which is 5 miles away from the fire.

Since I am not familiar with SD, the map above is not helpful for me. I am sure someone has created a Google map compatible fire map. I just need to find it.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
ouch,,hope eshghi and Bijans are fine and have evacuated if they had to. or any other ISP member who lives there.
Please give us update.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
hey guys, thanks for your concern!

We're about 5 miles west of where the fire is. We got an advisory evacuation call from the emergency sevices office, but not mandatory yet. It means: pack your stuff and be prepared to evacuate when and if necessary in a moments notice. I've seen a lot of wild fires in SD, but this is by far the worst. Though we don't have fire here, my car is covered with ash, and the smoke is so thick that I can't see very far up the street. But our problems are insignificant compared to those who are at or near the center of it all. Our prayers are with everyone who has been affected as many many homes have already been destroyed. My home will be open to anyone who needs it. We're going to evacuate voluntareely anyway, and go stay at relatives.

I am very concerned about Bijan. Both his home as well as his business are very close to those fires, and those areas have already been fully evacuated. Bijan jAn, I hope all will end well my friend. Keep us informed please.

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
Good to hear from you, eshghi jaan. I hope the best for Bijan and anyone else in harm way.

Is the north bound roads open? Where people can go if the situation gets worse? You cannot go west.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Quarter of million people have already evacuated. It is getting very smoky everywhere.

San Diego has been very dry this past year. Not much rain.

iman_kh

Bench Warmer
Sep 18, 2005
i am in san fernando valley but we are safe.... my fiance works in a bank in malibu and they bank is gone....
its from malibu to Orange county to sandiego. a few of my friends in SD evacuated too. its like the end of the world here

Jun 18, 2005
I am sorry to hear about this Eshghi. I hope your property does not get touched by the flames. This must be a long night for you.

I am hearing there are alot more evacuations with many more houses going up in flames...so take care buddy.

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
Who is Lilly Lawrence the owner of Castle Kashan which was destroyed in fire? I know she is the daughter of a famous Iranian but don't know who.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Good to hear from you eshghi jan, hope this mass fire dries down as soon as possible.
Hope Bijan and his family are doing fine now..