Lottery!!

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Many in America are heads over Heels these days about an interstate lottery prize which has reached $650 million for tonight’s drawing. Needless to say I have yet to see any rich or even many medium income individual playing the lottery…..but what I find amazing is this guy who keeps appearing all over major TV’s these days pushing for his concept and book on how to increase your chances on winning the lottery!!! If this was Pakistan or even Turkey or Armenia, I would kind of understand….but this is America….how does anything like this gets past the editors on major national TV networks – and I am talking about NBC, ABC, and Fox ??? I mean this is just one step away from the charlatans who heal people in the name of Christ……but in all fairness to them, I have not seen the healers for a while and I think their domains have always been limited to religious channels and on Cable only.

perspolis ny

Bench Warmer
Mar 4, 2005
Here is sonething on the odds of Zob Ahan being in Cayman Islands next week!!
. The odds of a ticket winning a Mega Millions jackpot is 175,711,536 to 1. As Han Solo’s talkative robotic friend would tell you, you have a much, much better chance (1 in 3,720!) of navigating an asteroid field successfully. We didn’t exactly vet that, but you know you’d smash your ship into the rocks. And who are we to question protocol droids fluent in more than 6 million forms of communication?
To hammer home the point, here are a few other unlikely scenarios that, we’re sorry to say, are far more likely than you taking home a jackpot.
From the Harvard School of Public Health:
– Chances of dying from a bee sting: 1 in 6.1 million. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
– Chance you will be die from being struck by lightning: 1 in 3 million. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
From the University of Maryland Medical Center:
– Chance of having conjoined twins: 1 in 200,000. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.

From U.S. Hole in One, which insures golf prizes for holes in one:
– The chance of an amateur golfer making a hole in one on a par-3 hole is about 1 in 12,500. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
– The chance of a golfer hitting a hole in one on consecutive par-3 holes: 1 in about 156 million. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
From a 2011 State Farm study on collisions between vehicles and deer:
– The chance of hitting a deer with a vehicle in Hawaii, the state where State Farm says deer-vehicle collisions are least likely, is 1 in 6,267. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
From the National Weather Service:
– The chance of being struck by lightning over an 80-year lifetime: 1 in 10,000. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
From the Florida Museum of Natural History, based on U.S. beach injury statistics in 2000:
– Chance of drowning and other beach-related fatalites: 1 in 2 million. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
– Chance of being attacked by a shark: 1 in 11.5 million. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.

But I hope Zob Ahan beats the odds

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
. The odds of a ticket winning a Mega Millions jackpot is 175,711,536 to 1. As Han Solo’s talkative robotic friend would tell you, you have a much, much better chance (1 in 3,720!) of navigating an asteroid field successfully. We didn’t exactly vet that, but you know you’d smash your ship into the rocks. And who are we to question protocol droids fluent in more than 6 million forms of communication?
To hammer home the point, here are a few other unlikely scenarios that, we’re sorry to say, are far more likely than you taking home a jackpot.
– Chances of dying from a bee sting: 1 in 6.1 million. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
– Chance you will be die from being struck by lightning: 1 in 3 million. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
– Chance of having conjoined twins: 1 in 200,000. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.

– The chance of an amateur golfer making a hole in one on a par-3 hole is about 1 in 12,500. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
– The chance of a golfer hitting a hole in one on consecutive par-3 holes: 1 in about 156 million. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
– The chance of hitting a deer with a vehicle in Hawaii, the state where State Farm says deer-vehicle collisions are least likely, is 1 in 6,267. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
– The chance of being struck by lightning over an 80-year lifetime: 1 in 10,000. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
From the Florida Museum of Natural History, based on U.S. beach injury statistics in 2000:
– Chance of drowning and other beach-related fatalites: 1 in 2 million. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.
– Chance of being attacked by a shark: 1 in 11.5 million. Chance you will win the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 175.7 million.

But I hope Zob Ahan beats the odds
Thanks for you rooting for me but unfortunately you will see me here still as I failed to win. 51 of us in our office building bought 51 quick picks and we didn't even win $1. Even if we did, we would have won 2 cents each except for 1 of us that would have to volunteer to waive his/her right. Who would have done that? Now I'm glad we didn't win a buck. Good night folks.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States

Do you know who has even less of a 1 in 175.7 million chance to win the lottery?

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
but this is America….how does anything like this gets past the editors on major national TV networks – and I am talking about NBC, ABC, and Fox ??? I mean this is just one step away from the charlatans who heal people in the name of Christ……but in all fairness to them, I have not seen the healers for a while and I think their domains have always been limited to religious channels and on Cable only.
America is the epicenter of public-fooling ideas like this. It's the reason the country flourished in the 1900s. If this happened anywhere else before it happened in the US, I would be shocked. All it takes to pull things like that on Americans is a small-print disclaimer and a TV commercial. Really. That's all it takes.

In most other countries you'd have to jump through so many hoops before you could fool so many people.

I'm not saying Americans are fools. They're just more receptive to the idea of spending money. No nation in the world spends money as easy as Americans.

Apr 30, 2003
so, who is the rich ISP member?:cheer-2: They say there is at least one winner. One winner tickect was purchased from a supermarket in Merylan.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Damn one of the winners was at a 7-11 30 minutes away from my house and I purchased mine at a 7-11 about 15 miles away from it , I thought I might be a rich man today when I heard the ticket was bought at a 7-11 in Baltimore Counity but I checked my ticket and nada .

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Many in America are heads over Heels these days about an interstate lottery prize which has reached $650 million for tonight’s drawing. Needless to say I have yet to see any rich or even many medium income individual playing the lottery…..but what I find amazing is this guy who keeps appearing all over major TV’s these days pushing for his concept and book on how to increase your chances on winning the lottery!!! If this was Pakistan or even Turkey or Armenia, I would kind of understand….but this is America….how does anything like this gets past the editors on major national TV networks – and I am talking about NBC, ABC, and Fox ??? I mean this is just one step away from the charlatans who heal people in the name of Christ……but in all fairness to them, I have not seen the healers for a while and I think their domains have always been limited to religious channels and on Cable only.
Masoud jon....I don't undrestand.....was this guy doing the prmotion in an infomercial?....if so...then what is so weird about it..? is he not just trying to make buck like any other so called ..."zerang dude"..?

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Masoud jon....I don't undrestand.....was this guy doing the prmotion in an infomercial?....if so...then what is so weird about it..? is he not just trying to make buck like any other so called ..."zerang dude"..?
No amoo bey - he actualy came on CNN, FOX, ....news programs. It is like major networks bringing a Jesus freak heeler on prime-time news hour for an interview.