MAHDAVIKIA!

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
Dude, that was the best game i ever saw him play!

He played so good, SO many passes that were on target, a few shots, almost a goal! And a assist!

He had some moves to, atleast like 5-6 moves.

People who watched the game, how do you think he played.

MohammadLin

Bench Warmer
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah, he was great tonight. I wouldn't say this was his best, but he was shining. I think he has been always a start for past 8 years. And, even though, it may not be fair to single out one in a team work, but surely, I can say he has been one of the most effective Iranian player in past 8 years. And more importantly. unlike other Iranian players or our people for that matter, he is been very consistent except for few occasions.
I wish people who have the tools, and videos, make a clip of his work as well as they have done for Karimi.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
He shined today! He had several moves, assists and shots on goal. He seemed to be determined to put his name on the scoreboard. Even though this was a friendly and light game, but he showed his fans that he is still in shape, motivated and as always hard working and smart.

Nov 29, 2002
Actually Mahdavikia had a few years where he was desperately disappointing for TM compared to the high standards we had of him, and when he was actually good for his German club teams. The talent he showed in wcq 98/wc98 was unbelievable sometimes. i still think we are yet to see his best for TM...

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
Kia looked very hungry to score, almost too much for a friendly game. He also was in the center midfield . He was very active and was good but he wasn't great. I love Kia but emotions aside, I guess we can see that even Kia is not among the best. He clearly missed a couple chances. His "assist" was his mishandling the ball and landing in front of the Senegal player, so technically it may be an assist but clearly it wasn't his intention.

overall, he had a good game with a lot of energy, hope he continues to do well,

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Kia had a decent game to say the least. He was hungry to score which I haven't seen him like that recently in TM. He was fast & positioned himself well & probably had more ball posession than any other of his team mates in the 2nd half. The ESPN commentator kinda ignored him for a while but eventually he had to talk about him & how he scored on U.S. in wc98. They kept talking about Beasley who was almost invisible in the game.

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
Beasley played terrible, that one pass he had, 40 yards off target!!!

I agree that the commentators didnt even said Kia's name for the first 10 - 15 minutes

until his assist, they said his name everything he touched or was around it..

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
That was a superior play by Mahdavikia!!:) enghadr jigh zadamo ghorbun sadaghash raftam, I have a soar throat now!!!;)

Great assist and passes,good control of the ball until players come closer to net,good shots too.
TLN's commentator mentioned Kia as him "charing the team with his runs and passes". he also mentioned Kia and those Cameroon forwards as the best players of Red in 2nd half.

Thank U Mahdavikia for great display!!it was awesome!I swear he's gonna be offered from big clubs now! ie.Arsenal since Wenger watched it too!!!!

Nov 24, 2002
Kia played a good game but as bauvafa said you could feel the diffrenet between him and some other stars .. dont also forget the players of european clubs didnt push them self much first was freindly match , second they should play in thier own leagues and in championship in distance of one week players .. but kia was so energic and played a good game , also cha do ri from south korea had agreat game , nakata sucks big time now i dont say that base of this game i saw his game this season in ITALY . he is not even starter with his club and he play so bad ! wondering if ZICO will include him against us or no .. but the other nakata who just joined marseille is a great player ..

Nov 24, 2002
nilo jan .. i know you like and better to say love kia .. but take it easy khanom jon ;) wenger and arsenal and kia !!!!!!!!!!!! :) this was a freinldy game and non of the star was given thier 100% ( 3 games in one week for some of them including championship)

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
I was just dreaming about Arsen Wenger pin pointing Mahdavikia and interesting in offering him! I swear I`ll quit my daily life if that happens!!!;)

but on a serious note, although this was a Friendly game and no one was under pressure but infact players like Mahdavikia,Kameni, Cha,Camara,etc..had the chance to shine in an International level. cuz World Class coaches like Wenger, Lippi,etc do know world class players like Ronaldinho, Zidane,etc. they 30 these players play and shine almost every week.
so its the matter of likes of Mahdavikia who played pretty good today(considering he is not playing in Barcelona,RealM,like others) being zoomed by world class coaches.

Im 100% sure he`ll get great offers coming up for him at the end of season.:)