Mahdavikia's latest news - No new contract?

KC McElroy

Football Fan
Oct 19, 2006
www.youtube.com
As Kicker and Hamburger Morgenpost report it seems like Hamburg won't extend Mahdavikias contract.Guy Demel and David Jarolim who's contract would have ended the same time as Kia have already signed another 3 years but Hamburg didn't ask Mehdi for a new contract yet.

Both papers say they think Kia's days at Hamburg are over,he earns 2 million euros which is much in Bundesliga and he is not constant enough,one game good one game bad ......................

I am also very sure that Mahdavikia has to leave Hamburg at the end of the season,but he says he feels better now than at the beginning of the season so let's hope he shows a great performance against Hannover.

Feb 14, 2006
I will predict certain ISP members are PISSED OFF with the arrival of such news.
But look on the bright side, imagine Hannover 96 'buying' him and Karimi.

Think of the possiblities.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
foreveriranian said:
I will predict certain ISP members are PISSED OFF with the arrival of such news.
But look on the bright side, imagine Hannover 96 'buying' him and Karimi.

Think of the possiblities.
wow..

3 of our best players at a mid-table bundesliga team. great!!

martin o'neill has been a long time admirer of him. I have hopes...

someone tell him Birmingham has great Indian restaurants..maybe he will consider moving.

Feb 14, 2006
westwienmaskulin said:
wow..

3 of our best players at a mid-table bundesliga team. great!!

martin o'neill has been a long time admirer of him. I have hopes...

someone tell him Birmingham has great Indian restaurants..maybe he will consider moving.
You have uttely baffeled me.

Stevie

Ball Boy
Oct 19, 2002
Hamburg
www.stevie-online.de
IF (sic!) Kia plays better - and he played lousy the last months - the club will discuss a new contract. At the moment it's not worth 2 million Euros p.a. what he shows.

The older members at ISP know, that I love Mahdavikia!

Kia dooset darim!

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
wow, see who is here!! (i just realised that u keep posting in isp hattrick cup, but i have never clicked on that thread before lol).

i think most people agree that kia's form this season has been up and down, a bit similar to hsv. also no one in the current hamburg team deserves a 2 million euro/year. i dont mind him playing his last 3-4 years in england or another country, although i very much doubt if hes going to leave germany now.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
I think mehdi will take the paycut even at 50%. Realistically no other club is going to offer him anything higher. Let's face it, his best season was four years ago. He had a relatively good season last year but was not as spactacular as some Iranians here seem to think. I watched Hamburg's game nearly every other weak. He's aging, he has a persistent back injury, is no where as fast as he used to be...He's better off taking whatever HSV can offer. Mehdi obviously loves Hamburg and is loyal to the club.

Nov 24, 2002
Farsi Zaban said:
I think mehdi will take the paycut even at 50%. Realistically no other club is going to offer him anything higher. Let's face it, his best season was four years ago. He had a relatively good season last year but was not as spactacular as some Iranians here seem to think. I watched Hamburg's game nearly every other weak. He's aging, he has a persistent back injury, is no where as fast as he used to be...He's better off taking whatever HSV can offer. Mehdi obviously loves Hamburg and is loyal to the club.
gorbone adame chiz fahm...
however i dont see him stay in HSV is a good choice ...
Cuz i doubt by next season still he stay starter in HSV ..!however he can still get good playing time in some new promoted bundesliga team ....

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
be jahanam ke they dont offer him a new contract!

whats good in it for him(except the $) to play for a close to relegation-zone team?!sorry Stevie!
All these yrs, Kia gave his heart out, didnt say a thing about HSV's rude comments against Kia in public, accused his laziness for their loss, benched him for a long time, taking his regular position from him, giving captaincy to a 20yrs old despite Mehdi being the most loyal/long time HSV player,etc..
what can get worse than all these?!

I still have hopes Mehdi ends up in EPL. If Andranik can go to EPL, so can experienced Kia. Leave Mehdi, Leave!

Afiveh

Ball Boy
Jun 15, 2006
I think it's rather due to his contract's salary and not his performance. Humburg wants to not increase it. Also he is a valueable player. A good buy brings alot of money for Humburg.
It's all about money after all. He would be long gone if he had not performed well!

Nov 24, 2002
Niloufar said:
I still have hopes Mehdi ends up in EPL. If Andranik can go to EPL, so can experienced Kia. Leave Mehdi, Leave!
Forget about EPL,
if he was couple years younger , i mean back in his best when he was in fire yes ..
i think for him the best is to stay in germany ..
ando is a different player and his style is set for EPL ...
Anyway i also doybt Ando can make career in EPL..!

Last edited: