Man eteraaz daaram....

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
I am all for ISP welcoming different views and perspective in this forum. In fact, it's even fair to say that If there weren't any ashtars or SKs in this forum perhaps we would never have had such a great forum over the years.

But I really can't handle the current environment in the forum with likes of ashtar, Chief, and R_E_Z_A spamming the forum and making fun of those of our hamavatans who are getting killed and tortured by IR thugs.

I don't know who the current moderators and admins are at the moment, but with all due respect, I have to say those in charge are not doing their jobs properly. It's safe to say likes of ashtar and Cheif are here with an agenda to divert our attentions from the current happenings in our country. If this wasn't the case, Chief wouldn't had returned after couple of years at this crucial time, but he is back, and his back just annoy members with pushing the thank you button with every chance he gets. If this wasn't the case, ashtar would have at least shared an ounce of sympathy with those who have been killed and injured.

And please do not tell me to use the ignore list to ignore them, because the ignore list makes the whole thing much worse. With the ignore list you still see their subject threads and posts with people quoting them so often.

Having said all these, I don't want them banned. What I want is, them not hijacking the discussions threads, not annoying members, and more importantly disrespecting those who have been killed, injured, and tortured by IR thugs.

Assalaamo alkeikom va rahmtaollahe va barekaato:4kerim:

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
Just not replying would make it much better. I was near add them and whoever reply to them to my ignore list but change my mind. People who claim they value freedom of discussion but FULLY support a government that censors newspaper, internet sites, and many other things don't deserve your reply and mine.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
Thank you very much ardy. I am currently discussing this with an Admin in the Q&A section. In fact, here's my last post in that section:

There is a difference between posts where a member is simply expressing an opinion, and posts where the person is clearly trying to provoke people.

Why is there a Zero Tolerance policy about insults at ISP? Why don't we ask people to just ignore those who insult them? Because we know that threads will degenerate into chaos if people are allowed to bait and provoke others. Why should it be any different with trolling then? The purpose of the troll and the result of his trolling is exactly the same as if would be if he just called people names. He's just going about it in a more conniving way.

What Chief is doing is textbook trolling and I've never seen it tolerated on any forum. I don't see why ISP should be an exception.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
guys believe me IF anyone is here with agenda and you add him/her to your ignore list they will go away !!!! if certain individual make you go crazy ADD THEM TO THE IGNORE list ... 10 seconds is all it takes.
i give u a simple example, I believe Basij killed Neda having said that if someone thinks MKO did it, her dad it, whoever did it, THEY ARE ENTITLE to their opinion. u are MORE THAN WELCOME to argue "THE POINT" with them or ignore them, the choice is yours.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
Pooya aziz, once again, there is a difference between expressing an opinion and making inflammatory comments to piss people off. The latter is called trolling and I've never seen it tolerated on any forum.

Ashtar is a regime supporter but he's not really a troll and I've put him in my ignore list. Chief is a troll and eliminating the trolls is a duty of the moderators and shouldn't just be relegated to people's ignore lists. If trolling is allowed, then we should stop banning people for insults and tell everyone to just ignore those who insult them.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
guys believe me IF anyone is here with agenda and you add him/her to your ignore list they will go away !!!! if certain individual make you go crazy ADD THEM TO THE IGNORE list ... 10 seconds is all it takes.
i give u a simple example, I believe Basij killed Neda having said that if someone thinks MKO did it, her dad it, whoever did it, THEY ARE ENTITLE to their opinion. u are MORE THAN WELCOME to argue "THE POINT" with them or ignore them, the choice is yours.
He's abusing a basic forum function. That is both trolling and spamming.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
I strongly disagree. Believe me I find their posts as insulting and disrespectful as you do. But they are following forum rules as far as I can see. They are being insulted explicitly by many members (much more than they insult others). As annoying as they are, I think it would be a very valuable practice to tolerate/accept them for what they are. If you shut them down today on technicalities, what will you do to them if you take the country over? Kill them all?

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
Pooya, our people have been getting killed and some are arrested and being tortured as we speak. Believe it or not, people are actually bothered by that. Under these fucked up circumstances members are politely asking you, not to ban IR supporters, but to deal with one particular troll who is trying to piss people off.

Asking you to perform what is a very basic function of a forum moderator is not something that should require this much energy. I really don't think people are asking for too much here. Then again that's just me.:rolleyes:

Oct 20, 2003
I strongly disagree. Believe me I find their posts as insulting and disrespectful as you do. But they are following forum rules as far as I can see. They are being insulted explicitly by many members (much more than they insult others). As annoying as they are, I think it would be a very valuable practice to tolerate/accept them for what they are. If you shut them down today on technicalities, what will you do to them if you take the country over? Kill them all?
I agree with you. Chief's sole mission here since his comeback has been to annoy others. Looks like he has been successful, but the way to disarm him is not by silencing him by banning him, but to ignore him, if you show him that you are not bothered by him, he will go away himself like last time.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
dooste aziz, we're not asking that they all get banned. We're pointing to this ONE member who is abusing forum functions and deliberately provoking people.

Trolling is something that is not tolerated on even the most liberal forums. Just so we're clear, here's the definition of the term: "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial,inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Read Chief's posts for yourself. He is a textbook troll and should be dealt with properly by the Admins. Democracy and freedom of expression have nothing to do with any of this.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
dooste aziz, we're not asking that they all get banned. We're pointing to this ONE member who is abusing forum functions and deliberately provoking people.

Trolling is something that is not tolerated on even the most liberal forums. Just so we're clear, here's the definition of the term: "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial,inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Read Chief's posts for yourself. He is a textbook troll and should be dealt with properly by the Admins. Democracy and freedom of expression have nothing to do with any of this.
I understand what you say, but with all due respect I think you have a very selective interpretation of the rules of the forum. His comments may be inflammatory to you (and to me) but he's obeying the rules of the forum. If anything he's been insulted numerous times against the rules of the forum. Just learn to ignore him the same way people in Iran have learned to filter IRIB from their mind, as they see and hear all their ridiculous commentary without watching or listening to them.