Man Utd's Rooney needs a smile and cuddle!

iranissick

Bench Warmer
Dec 10, 2005
london, on
Paul Gascoigne wishes he could give Wayne Rooney a cuddle and put a smile back on the face of the under pressure Manchester United striker.

Gazza, writing in the Daily Mail, says: "It's been a few years since I was part of the England squad, but I wish I was with them now. Just so that I could give Wayne Rooney a cuddle. "When he came off on Saturday, he sprinted over towards the bench and I'd have liked to have been there to throw my arms around him. I felt heartbroken for the lad.
"Football was my escape. Whatever troubles I was experiencing, once I got out there with a ball at my feet, the smile soon returned. Nobody could hurt me out there, I could express myself and I felt safe and happy.

"Wayne doesn't look happy and I just want to see him smiling again, looking like he's enjoying his football. My advice would be to 'get that cheeky grin back on your face, son, and get your head up, the form will come.'
"I don't accept that he has a hangover from that World Cup red card. He is at the best club, with the best manager, in Sir Alex Ferguson, to deal with these growing pains.
"Please let us not forget he is only 20 and, because he doesn't rely on pace, he could have another 15 years left at the top if he avoid injuries.
"I know about the pressure that comes with having ability. Diego Maradona would have a series of poor games and then conjure something amazing to remind the world he was special. "Wayne is just a game or two from delivering that sort of moment, either with a goal or a free kick or a pass that opens a defence. He hasn't lost his touch, he's just out of touch."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=14154

this guy took the words out of my mouth... all the love for rooney!