Manrtis Or AAKHONDAK!!

Oldman

Bench Warmer
Jan 6, 2005
Mantis is a type of insect that has a Persian name of AKHOONDAK.
Have you ever wondered why this insect is called as such?

Well, if you make a quick review of this insect then you can see much similarities between a MULLAH and this insect.

1- They have a very similar head as a Mullah with the “RAG” on his head.
2- This insect is a meat-eater. There is no ending in their eating!!
3- Eats it’s own siblings right after hatching the egg.
4- This insect disguises itself as if it is raying without hardly any motion to trap other insects. It uses their throat for killing the prey.
5- it also eats it’s sexual counterpart during the mating!
6- Enjoys eating it’s prey LIVE so they would suffer the most!
7- When you see it, it looks as if it is a well behaved being hands towards skies praying for good of every being!! But, they are eyeing you for fitting in their stomach. They do not hesitate to eat ANYTHING.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
loool Oldman - I had never thought about the name.
Good to know. But also sad at the same time - with a culture so sensetive to akhoonds, how did we ever hand the country to them so easy. I think MRP overprotected the mullahs, causing our younger generations not to know the true nature of akhoond.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
loool Oldman - I had never thought about the name.
Good to know. But also sad at the same time - with a culture so sensetive to akhoonds, how did we ever hand the country to them so easy. I think MRP overprotected the mullahs, causing our younger generations not to know the true nature of akhoond.
I think you are right about MRP's mistake. For example, instead of banning Khomeini's book, they should have made it available to all, and had people write articles about all the garbage that's in there, like satisfying one's lust with a baby, marrying a 9-year old, falling on your aunt, etc.

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
LOOL, wonder what transpired this subject?

Praying Mantis actually is one of my most favorite insects. I too have wondered why we call them Akhoondak in Iran?

Female Mantis eats the male mantis’ head (literally) ;) during mating so the male is immobilized and can’t go anywhere.

By the way, Mantis are very useful creatures as they help control the population of mosquitoes and other undesired insects. Akhoonds on the other hand have no use what so ever nor have they ever had a possitive contribution in human life and IMHO, 99.99999% should be exterminated.