Marjane Satrapi's Perspolis - Trailer

Aug 29, 2005
What the hell is this movie, I just got back from Paris and posters of this movie are all over the place. It's on every bus stop.

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
What is the synopsis of this movie ?
The same as the book/s; an animated autobiography of Marjaneh Satrapi. She was a child when the revolution took place. Later as a teenager she was sent to Vienna. A trip that did not prove to be successful. She then went back to Iran, got married, got divorced and moved to France where she has been since. The book gives a very interesting account of all of these and all the social and political interactions that surround them. Marjaneh Satrapi is down to earth, kind, intelligent, and funny. Elements of all can be seen in her book/s. We will have to see how faithful the movie remains to the book.

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
how come you guys say this movie has not been released yet. I watched it in an independent art cinema last spring. She has done a great job of telling a brife history of Iran. It is a must to see this.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Funny I just saw it today. VERY ACCURATE, picture of ORDINARY Iranians and history, without exagguration either for or against the IRI.
indeed Ferdosi jan. I actually share her story until her first exit from Iran to Austria (I came to DK)
She went the wrong way and got back to Iran (I stayed in DK and study)
She exitet Iran for 2nd time and went to Paris (I went to Iran just for vacation)
I don't know if you also shared some of her story?