Markets taking a beating: time to buy?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I have been following agro stocks for a while. I have been really gun shy about pulling the Trigger on Potash.
I already own John Deere and CAT for the long term.

looking to add two more long term (10 years) companies.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This year, every single time I looked at my stuff I arrived at one conclusion:

Index ETFs are the way to go. It's a fucking rigged market. Why not win with the rest and lose with the rest instead of trying to beat them to no avail?
I would absolutely recommend ETFs specially with sectors that one has no understanding about i.e pharama, biogen,oil...

limits the reward but it limits the losses as well. In fact I am very intersted in a risky etf called powershares india.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Tesla planning new equity issuance.
Tesla Motors Inc. planning to sell about $1.4 billion in stock to help pay for an expansion that includes its forthcoming Model 3 electric car and boosting annual production to 500,000 vehicles (compares to 70-80K vehicles year 2013-2014) in 2018.
The total sale will be about $2 billion, with the rest of the shares to be sold by Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk.

If you have some savings (now I do not mean that you should run home and smash your Christmas piggy-bank) is worth buying the equities now, before the upcoming issuance.
Remember that, do not come back and thank me in 3-4 years from now, when you have doubled your savings!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I feel like I can speak on finances because on a limited budget, I was able to pay for my town house in Vegas, in cash in full. Why you should invest in real estate over the stock market. If you have a 401K or a Roth IRA, that is different because your organization will match you a certain percentage.
1-Stock market is good for CEO's who get dividends, we are not in that level, with Real Estate, you are more in control.
2-If the market crashes your stock is worth $0.
3-If your property burns to the ground you still have the land.
4-In our MBA classes they taught us to have a conservative diversified portfolio. Invest in an S&P 500, that way if a few of your stocks go down, you will not go down with the ship.
5-My formula have 20% of your cash in commodities ie gold/silver etc liquid assets. Started collecting gold coins back in the 80s, with bday money at $400 an oz, today it is 1320(just checked). have the rest in long term real estate. Of course this is all assuming
1-You are free in clear out of all debts including credit cards, student loans etc.
6-Personally I am working on getting a four unit rental income, if all goes well and I start at LV Metro, I can have the necessary funds to do so. Remember a property is a liability unless one can generate revenue and they have it paid off. People make money off of the second property so take care of that note. If you MUST get a 15 year loan amortization but I wanited until I was 35 to get my first house. I feel as if I can speak on this subject and this is why an MBA is so valuable. Even if one is not in corporate America, it can be apart of their every day life.
http://www.cnbc.com/2014/12/08/where-to-put-your-cash-a-house-or-a-stock.html