Members in Big Texas, need info...

Fat_Ali2006

Bench Warmer
Apr 24, 2006
Howdy,

I will be in Richardson Texas for about a week on a business trip, any must see, things to do in your state? Found Kasra resturant, any good?

Thank You.

Oct 20, 2003
Agha Fat ali, not much "must see" places in DFW area. Just good restaurants and shoppings. Kasra is not bad, it is buffet (boofeh), there is another Iranian restaurant called Giovanni on Preston Road with very good ghormeh sabzi and khoreshte bademjoon. Having said that you out to try some real good Tex-Mex, cajun foods and real barbecue.
Austin and San Anton which are about 3.5 hours drive from Richarson is much more fun place.

houman

Bench Warmer
Oct 14, 2004
Dallas, TX
Kasra's okay... the place is pretty modern, very nice inside, but the food is only mediocre at best. I would highly recommend Giovanni's though, yeah you heard it right, it's actually a persian/italian restaurant, but the persian food is fantastic, one of the best I've had in the US. A fore-warning though, it is a bit expensive.

http://www.giovanniitalian.com/

houman

Bench Warmer
Oct 14, 2004
Dallas, TX
Agha Fat ali, not much "must see" places in DFW area. Just good restaurants and shoppings. Kasra is not bad, it is buffet (boofeh), there is another Iranian restaurant called Giovanni on Preston Road with very good ghormeh sabzi and khoreshte bademjoon. Having said that you out to try some real good Tex-Mex and cajun foods.
Austin and San Anton which are about 3.5 hours drive from Richarson is much more fun place.
I don't think Kasra is a buffet, Sahra is a buffet though. Sahra's got decent food, much smaller place, but it is lacking in location.

Fat_Ali2006

Bench Warmer
Apr 24, 2006
Thanks guys for the info, I'm traveling with a couple of guys from work (a Polish/American and an Irish/American), once they saw a pic of cholokabab they wont leave me alone and they want to try some. Plus I bring home food to work and they always ask what is this. I thought it will be good for them to try it and leave me alone at launch. How the hell can one explain ghorme sabzi, kooko sabzi,etc .... to a polish/Irish guys.

Oct 20, 2003
Thanks guys for the info, I'm traveling with a couple of guys from work (a Polish/American and an Irish/American), once they saw a pic of cholokabab they wont leave me alone and they want to try some. Plus I bring home food to work and they always ask what is this. I thought it will be good for them to try it and leave me alone at launch. How the hell can one explain ghorme sabzi, kooko sabzi,etc .... to a polish/Irish guys.
Than take them to Giovanni, ask the waiter to bring you their lunch special kabab which is a sikh of kobiedeh and chicken kabab; an order of ghormeh sabzi and khoreshte gheymeh bademjoon and a soltani. The price doubles if you go there at night for the same food.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
^lol, at amar....thanks again guys. I will have a kabab be yade shoma.
Ali AghA,
I don't know much about attractions around DFW metroplex area. But if you are planing to drive rental car in Dallas area you need to watch for this 6 ft something tall guy riding a incredibly loud and monstrous black and tan motorcycle, swerving between the cars in high speed and making all kind of traffic chaos like over turning 18 wheelers in middle of rush hour. If you see him coming just make a U-turn and run.
You have been warned.

Oct 20, 2003
Ali AghA,
I don't know much about attractions around DFW metroplex area. But if you are planing to drive rental car in Dallas area you need to watch for this 6 ft something tall guy riding a incredibly loud and monstrous black and tan motorcycle, swerving between the cars in high speed and making all kind of traffic chaos like over turning 18 wheelers in middle of rush hour. If you see him coming just make a U-turn and run.
You have been warned.
LOOOOL, man that was funny.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
LOOOOL, man that was funny.
I.P jAn,
I'm not kidding. This Man with that gigantic motorcycle who is terrorizing DFW area in daily basis is the world most dangerous man. He needs to be incarcerated and dragged to town's main square and beaten with heavy construction equipment.....:D:D:D

Oct 20, 2003
I.P jAn,
I'm not kidding. This Man with that gigantic motorcycle who is terrorizing DFW area in daily basis is the world most dangerous man. He needs to be incarcerated and dragged to town's main square and beaten with heavy construction equipment.....:D:D:D
Beating with heavy construction equipment (whatever that is) might be OK, but please no cranes ;) man hanooz arezo daram (i.e.ride tail of the dragon at deals gap to mention one :))

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Beating with heavy construction equipment (whatever that is) might be OK, but please no cranes ;) man hanooz arezo daram (i.e.ride tail of the dragon at deals gap to mention one :))
There is a Ride coming up in Colorado around mid June, I've not committed myself yet so we might be able to set for Dragon at that time. Problem is The Deals Gap has got to be in middle of the week because that area is always infested with tourists during week ends.

Oct 20, 2003
There is a Ride coming up in Colorado around mid June, I've not committed myself yet so we might be able to set for Dragon at that time. Problem is The Deals Gap has got to be in middle of the week because that area is always infested with tourists during week ends.
Rasoul Jan, would you please pm me with the details of this ride, i,e, are you going to ride from home to Co, or hauling the bike, what date etc, thanks and chak.