Messi

Messi, C.Ronaldo, Xavi Finalists of FIFA Ballon d'Or award. Who should win the Award?

• Lionel Messi

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Xavi

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Aug 26, 2005
Why does this smell of Barca trying to one-up Real again? They still had him contracted till 2014.

I hope it's not that because it makes them look as silly as Real IMO.

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
he had a contract till 2014, but the buy out clause was 150m and Laporta didn't think it was high enough to fend off the likes of Real and Man C.

It didn't make sense for Barca to raise the clause without sweetening his salary.

Aug 26, 2005
150m is about double the current world record (which is already ridiculous) and Messi already has stated he won't go to any other club. So even if a club meets that buy-out clause it's useless.

Really, a pretty frivolous contract extension.

Aug 26, 2005
the point is to make Messi the highest paid player with the highest buyout clause...

He is the Capo, so he gets Capo money...
No player is bigger than the club in my eyes. If a club did the smart thing by signing a player cheaply or negotiating a good contract that suits them...good on them. It's just not that smart to be making these frivolous deals financially. And as an aside, it's just the kind of douchy game Real plays for attention - so unlike Barca. Of course, I am not a Barca fan so it isn't my businesss but that's my two bobs-worth.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Watching this guy against A.Madrid i am wondering how they lost to Brazil. He is a magician with the ball.

It is truly marvelous to watch him.
not taking anything from Messi, but you also need to see the players he has around him ! Barca is full of Stars who understand Messi and can play with him, Argentina on the other hand is a different Story !

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
yeah, of course you are correct, you put Xavi + Iniesta behind anybody and they'll automatically look good, you put them behind Messi and it's out of this world