Messi

Messi, C.Ronaldo, Xavi Finalists of FIFA Ballon d'Or award. Who should win the Award?

• Lionel Messi

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Xavi

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Feb 22, 2005
Seems like someone needs attention. And what best way to get it bashing the best player in the world.

Incredibly Messi has yet again failed to show up against a good defensive side. over the past 5 years messi has played Milan, Inter, Chelsea, Liverpool,...some 20 times - thats almost half a season and he has yet to show up and be consequential! incredible fail record for someone who is supposed to be one of the best of all time, what will it take for people to realize they are looking at the most overrated athlete in the history of sports! One good game against united 2 years ago is not enough to label him the greatest in the world yet alone one of the greatest of all time!

Scoring 90 goals a season in laliga by now should not have any significant even to those who so politically voted for that ridiculous UEFA team of the year. Maybe they start to open their eyes and stop their favouritism and politics.

Maly

Ball Boy
May 31, 2004
actually i come here every time messi has to face a decent team, cause its guaranteed that he is gonna be useless. But hey he just scored another great goal against sevilla to give barca the victory! lol...this has become such a joke....

When you see these kind of reactions, you understand why jealousy can really make people blind :) And how "ideology" can be so dangerous ...

Messi is "by far" the best player in the world and the only player who could eventually be second would be Cristiano Ronaldo. These 2 players are one step ahead of all the other players (beside Xavi and Iniesta who are close maybe) and since ages, unanimity hasn't been as large about this fact. Now you can go ahead remaining blind but this will not change the reality.

Spain is the best team of the world way ahead England as well ... But this is also maybe something you will deny of course :)

May 9, 2004
البته به نظر من مسی بازیکن قدرتمندی است ولی گذشته از اینکه ایندامانی بعضی وقت ها بیخودی گیر میدهد به مسی
ولی واقعا من دیده ام که مسی در برابر تیم های قدرتمند یک بازیکن عادی است
به همین خاطر در جام جهانی خبری از او نبود

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
It is very interesting !!
When you ask the top players in the world who they think is the best player, most reply back Messi
He has respect among the best of the best but not here .... what a joke !!

Mar 13, 2007
WOW WOW WOW! very impressive! Messi is 1 for 18 now !!!! he is vindicated for sure now!

messi finaly scores against a top serie A team in a home and away format in his 18th try !!! (mind you he missed 20 chnaces against Milan's horrible defence today anyways). You guys are right, he must be the greatest of all time! who else can score against the worst milan side of the past 25 years at home in the 2nd round of Champions league !? he has been vindicated!

where is that bandwagon I have to jump on it too, its a great day today - messi finally scores against an italian side!

Here is the thing: you give me 18 cracks at these teams and sooner or later even i will score on them on a bad day !

Even a 12 year old kid can draw simple conclusions from simple stats - like 1 for 18 simply sucks and still means nothing ! its is however good enough for the greatest marketing campaign in history of sports. what a joke

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Those two goals specially the first one were nothing spectacular because he scored against the weakest Milan team. This is just awesome !
it doesnt count because Milan is not an Italian team anymore and Chelsea is now !

Nov 29, 2002
Messi's international debut in August 2005. He got sent off after 44 seconds! He had just moved up from Barcelona B to Barcelona's main squad.

[video=youtube;fQoptf0WSVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQoptf0WSVs[/video]

He cried in the dressing room. Maybe this incident and the pain it produced changed the course of his career?

I'm sure it affected him, but that has got to be the stupidest red card. Messi is the one with the ball. The other dude is pulling his shirt. There's no justification for sending Messi off. I think pulling shirts should be met with a red card and 5 match suspensions. It's the ugliest form of defense.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
This is not really a comparison between the two since I know Neymar has to go a long way to prove himself but just watch this video as a soccer fan ...
really beautiful:

[video=youtube;ny7ouaa1CNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny7ouaa1CNg[/video]

Neymar was superb in the Confederations Cup, mind! I knew he was a good player but I thought before that people hyped him. I think Fred was super too. I do genuinely believe Messi will lose out on the Ballon D'or this year to Neymar. It is inevitable - with Messi and his tax evasion allegation, may take its toll on his performance once the new season starts next month.