MMA [R]

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
Who saw the StrikeForce yesterday?

Mousasi dominated a sub-par figher imo. It was amazing how fast he won though.

I also expected Gina to lose, Cyborg is at another level (similar to Silva, GSP and Penn with their respective weight classes).

13K draw is nice to see. I dont think showtime canada showed it, so it must have been on PPV here, I wonder how their sells were.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Who saw the StrikeForce yesterday?

Mousasi dominated a sub-par figher imo. It was amazing how fast he won though.

I also expected Gina to lose, Cyborg is at another level (similar to Silva, GSP and Penn with their respective weight classes).

13K draw is nice to see. I dont think showtime canada showed it, so it must have been on PPV here, I wonder how their sells were.
Actual Babalu is a pretty good fighter. He was strikeforces reigning light heavy champion and has some of the best BJJ at that weight in the world. Outside of Silva, Machida, and Vera, Id say Mousasi is the best at 185 or 205 in MMA.

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
no way M-1 was going to let Fedor go without getting what they wanted. Now I'm starting to think that the same will happen with Mousasi. He will get hyped, but will never get a chance to fight the best in the UFC. I'm not sure what his situation is, but I think he is under contract with M-1 also.

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
Actual Babalu is a pretty good fighter. He was strikeforces reigning light heavy champion and has some of the best BJJ at that weight in the world. Outside of Silva, Machida, and Vera, Id say Mousasi is the best at 185 or 205 in MMA.

I trust your opinion. I'm pretty new to MMA. I watched one UFC event last event and started again when I started reading about the business side. I currently find that part more interesting than most of the fighting :)

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
I trust your opinion. I'm pretty new to MMA. I watched one UFC event last event and started again when I started reading about the business side. I currently find that part more interesting than most of the fighting :)
Im glad you like it. Ive been a fan for about 6 years or so. I have some very close friends that are involved so I get to see it up close. The business side is very interesting. The fighters are treated like shit for the most part.

Oct 20, 2003
Probably a silly question, are all the UFC fights broadcast live on PPV?
I used to get the DVD of prior fights like several years ago, I now watch tons of the past fights on Spike (dishnetwork channel 168). Are there any other channels that shows UFC fights?
Where is the Iron Shiek when you want he is needed ;)?

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
UFC and the Spike network are partners, so all TUF nights and fights are on Spike as well as a few free events and replays. The rest of UFC is live on PPV.

Strikeforce and Showtime are partners and all events (main cards) are on Showtime. Replays as well.

If you can get HDNET, they show a lot of Japanese promotions (Dream, Shooto, K-1) and they are live at like 2am (PST). They show some minor promotions as well. They also sometimes show Strikeforce undercards and replays.

kflex

Ball Boy
Nov 7, 2003
Sweden
Im glad you like it. Ive been a fan for about 6 years or so. I have some very close friends that are involved so I get to see it up close. The business side is very interesting. The fighters are treated like shit for the most part.
Tell me more about it?

I guees is true that Dana white threath fighters like garbage.

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
Tell me more about it?

I guees is true that Dana white threath fighters like garbage.

I think only the ones that arent legit top 10 or top 5 (depending on the depth of the division).

Its sad how some are getting paid $8K a fight when the costs are high and they only get to do a certain number of fights a year though...

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
official salaries:

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

– Cristiane Santos $25,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus) def. Gina Carano $125,000

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

– Gegard Mousasi $2,000 def. Renato Sobral $75,000

– Gilbert Melendez $50,000 def. Mitsuhiro Ishida $30,000

– Fabricio Werdum $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus) def. Mike Kyle $14,000

– Jay Hieron $55,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Jesse Taylor $12,000

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

– Scott Lighty $4,000 def. Mike Cook $2,500

– Justin Wilcox $5,000 (includes $2,500 win bonus) def. David Douglas $5,500

– James Terry $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus) def. Zak Bucia $2,000

– Alex Trevino $3,500 (includes $1,500 win bonus) def. Isaiah Hill $2,000

STRIKEFORCE “CARANO VS. CYBORG” DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $468,500

its crazy how little santos and mousasi got paid...

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
Both Strikeforce and UFC are extremely dumb in the business sphere since they could make millions if they had a Fedor-Lesnar fight, just like the UFC and Pride could've if they had a Fedor-Couture fight. Their egos are bigger than their business sense in these matters. Basically it's really bad management of a really great business venture with MMA. Nobody's run it properly, especially when you see how they treat their prized assets, their fighters, like shit. MMA can be bigger than boxing but Dana White is definitely not as smart as Don King. So they need new people in place before that happens.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Both Strikeforce and UFC are extremely dumb in the business sphere since they could make millions if they had a Fedor-Lesnar fight, just like the UFC and Pride could've if they had a Fedor-Couture fight. Their egos are bigger than their business sense in these matters. Basically it's really bad management of a really great business venture with MMA. Nobody's run it properly, especially when you see how they treat their prized assets, their fighters, like shit. MMA can be bigger than boxing but Dana White is definitely not as smart as Don King. So they need new people in place before that happens.
Strikeforce has absoultely no control over the situation. M-1 global does. They control Fedor and demand things from UFC that dont even make sense. Strikeforce is taking a big risk bringing M-1 on board. Fedor and M-1 have destroyed Bodog Fights, Affliction, and now potentially Strikeforce. Fedor is arguably the best fighter in the world, but he is not a draw in the states, not at all.

I have no idea what you are talking about with UFC. It went from a bankrupt business to a multi billion dollar entity that makes tons of cash during each event. Yes they abuse their fighters, yes it might be bad for MMA in the long run, but the UFC is ridiculously successful business wise, with or without Fedor.

Sep 25, 2005
i just watched the silva griffin fight for the 3rd time and came with this conclusion:

in an interview before the fight griffin said about fighting silva 'its just 15min, 3 rounds, i'll do it for 100k. when asked about the fight when being approached by white.

then watching the fight you get the impression that he just wanted his money and wasn't very interested in the fight, he knew he was not match for silva and went down far too easily for my liking.

anderson silva is a fighter asking for a challenge and no one in the UFC can rival him except machida and vice versa.

regarding fedor vs. lesnar fight its not fair that lesnar has a 15-20kg advantage over his opponents! nevertheless i think fedor can take him down no problem.

and mousassi, WOW..something special to look forward to, i say bring on moussasi vs. st pierre...

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
Dont pay attention to this. Mousasi got about $100k for this fight. Fedor usually gets around $3mil for each fight. These numbers are just what is reported...
but those numbers are 100% correct. They are reported to the commission after the fight and all fighters must have their salaries reported and publicly available.

I think the only thing it doesn't include is PPV bonuses which doesn't make sense because it was on Showtime.