Mobalis foul on Daei

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
I guess you all remember that infamous foul from Mobali on Daeis knees...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50pam7kw4Lg&NR"]YouTube - Mobali foul on Daei[/ame]

I dont really know why I post it here... but I remember at that time when Mobali fouled him that some people really hoped that Mobali would have crushed his legs and stuff... anyway, what I noticed is that Daei really seems to make a sorry expression for Mobail when the latter is leaving the field.

What ya`all think? To me it was just a stupid foul by Mobali... (and I dont think that Daei would have anything to do with the fact that Mobali didnt get to play that much in Team Melli when Daei was still around.... because, what exactly would Daei gain by that?)

Jun 18, 2005
Then what are we discussing here? The answers to your questions have been answered many times over and over again. Even Branko talked about Mobali's foul and it having an impact on him not being invited.

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Man, whats with you? If you dont like discussing this subject then dont bother replying, ok? :)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Sabzi jan, The fact that Mob'ali didn't get invited was "mostly" because of that foul. Branko himself acknowledged that indirectly later in an interview.

Also don't let Daei's facial expression fool you. I thought about the exact same thing as you do, when I saw the video the first time. However even Daei had a lot to say about Mob'ali in the post game interviews. :rolleyes:

Jun 18, 2005
Man, whats with you? If you dont like discussing this subject then dont bother replying, ok? :)
Dude you are starting another Daei bashing thread. Thats what my problem is. And you are starting your thread once Daei has been doing good as a coach and player again with his club.

We have discussed the matter so many times before. If you have nothing to add to the matter then why are you openning up another thread for it?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
footballeirani jan, calm down. Daei is doing a great job as a coach, he might even become the best coach in Iran's history but discussing his past is not really a crime. You can start a discussion at any time you want. If you think the discussion is not appropriate, you don't really need to get involved with the discussion, do you? :)

As far as sabzi's thread, he's actually on Daei's side. He didn't bash him.

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
Dude you are starting another Daei bashing thread. Thats what my problem is. And you are starting your thread once Daei has been doing good as a coach and player again with his club.

We have discussed the matter so many times before. If you have nothing to add to the matter then why are you openning up another thread for it?
And I guess ISP is your dad's?

Jun 18, 2005
As far as sabzi's thread, he's actually on Daei's side. He didn't bash him.
It doesnt matter what side he is on. When you post the video then you have people automatically ranting Daei for what he did or did not do.

I think we should move on and look forward.

One problem that we Iranians have is that we hardly move on.

This has nothing to do with me seeing no point this thread so I shouldnt make a comment. It really upsets me to see when Daei is doing well as a coach we have to go back and start discussing what sorta look Daei had on his face when Mobali fouled him.

Or read somebody else throwing shit at him for something that happenned a long time ago and we discussed extensively.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
yeah well, I understand what you're saying but at the same time, it's also a free world (or at least it should be).

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Sly,

thanks for your support ;) I didnt know about the post-game interviews and everything... what did Daei exactly have to say about Mobali?

Footballirani,

I dont know if your having "that time of your month" but I am not against Daei. I just wanted to discuss this subject... by the way, before this foul Mobali was a part of Team Melli but hardly played... some said because Daei ruled the team (which I obviously dont believe)... I just wanted to make clear that the reason Mobali didnt play, apart from the fact he was excluded after the foul, wasnt Daei. He isnt invited NOW either after all...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
what did Daei exactly have to say about Mobali?
Sabzi jan, chakeram!
I don't remember his exact words but he said something like, when the opponent players saw they couldn't win, they had to go with hard tacles like that. I could have become badly injured at a sensitive time when the WC is coming. bla bla bla....something in that line....

Last edited:

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
We have discussed this over a 100 times man.
who cares, thats why this is a football discussion forum. if you dont like it dont post in this thread, there may be alot of members who werent around then

as for the topic, i dont think anyone can deny that that foul caused the end of mobalis career.