Mohamed Bin Hammam resigns from football, banned for life

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organ...22/?intcmp=fifacom_hp_module_media_statements

[h=1]Mohamed Bin Hammam resigns from football, banned for life[/h](FIFA.com) Monday 17 December 2012
© AFP​

Mr Mohamed Bin Hammam, FIFA Executive Committee member and AFC President, has resigned from all his positions in football with immediate effect and will never be active in organised football again. This results from a resignation letter of Mr Bin Hammam addressed to FIFA and AFC dated on 15 December 2012.
In view of the fact that under the new FIFA Code of Ethics, the FIFA Ethics Committee remains competent to render a decision even if a person resigns, the Adjudicatory Chamber decided to ban Mohamed Bin Hammam from all football-related activity for life.
This life ban is based on the final report of Michael J. Garcia, Chairman of the Investigatory Chamber of the FIFA Ethics Committee. That report showed repeated violations of Article 19 (Conflict of Interest) of the FIFA Code of Ethics, edition 2012, of Mohamed Bin Hammam during his terms as AFC President and as member of the FIFA Executive Committee in the years 2008 to 2011, which justified a life-long ban from all football related activity.

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organ...22/?intcmp=fifacom_hp_module_media_statements
...This life ban is based on the final report of Michael J. Garcia, Chairman of the Investigatory Chamber of the FIFA Ethics Committee. That report showed repeated violations of Article 19 (Conflict of Interest) of the FIFA Code of Ethics, edition 2012, of Mohamed Bin Hammam during his terms as AFC President and as member of the FIFA Executive Committee in the years 2008 to 2011, which justified a life-long ban from all football related activity.
LOOL, what a freaking joke, they’ve known about this guy for years, how come it took them years to react? More than likely Mr. Shower was getting too bold for their liking or was not paying off others within FIFA.

Oct 20, 2003
yadeh oon joke oftadam keh bazi fohsh ha ro ba tarbiati kardeh boodand including this:

bejayeh kooneh laghesh begid Neshimangahash Motezalzel Baad!
LOOL, man nemikhAm ban sham, leza, az vAjehaie kosher estefadeh mikonam ;).
After all javabe onn kordsalani ke een chiza ra mikhonand chi bedam?
Az hame mohemtar mashdi narahat mish.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I understand the national hero part but don't get it why football is the loser.
Because instead of a stupid venue like Qatar, a deserving country could've hosted the world-cup. Where there's culture, good weather, hot chicks, no ISLAM, landscapes, history, passion and at least a bit of transparency.

Heck, even Palestine would've been a better choice than those artificial Persian Gulf states.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I understand the national hero part but don't get it why football is the loser.
I let you decide who is the real loser when you travel to Qatar in June of 2018 to watch the game between Qatari NT and lets say Honduras in 130 F, and there is no freaking bottle of beer in 3000 miles radius.:insane: Then you can go to the local mosque for the evening prayer and asking for forgiveness for how you couldn't see this disaster as we are seeing 6 years in advance!

ehsan

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
This guy screwed us in ASian CUp 2004...ALl the bans our teams got. and BS ref vs China...

Those conspiracy theories are no so far fetched.

How many goals were counted offsides in our 2002 qualifiers??

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
LOOL, man nemikhAm ban sham, leza, az vAjehaie kosher estefadeh mikonam ;).
After all javabe onn kordsalani ke een chiza ra mikhonand chi bedam?

Az hame mohemtar mashdi narahat mish.

من از آن بَد دَهَن هرگز نَنالَم
که با من هرچه کرد آن خوش بَیان کرد

Aug 26, 2005
This guy screwed us in ASian CUp 2004...ALl the bans our teams got. and BS ref vs China...

Those conspiracy theories are no so far fetched.

How many goals were counted offsides in our 2002 qualifiers??
To be honest, I wouldn't put it past him with all that happened in that tournament. How the ref didn't send off the chinese player who basically tackled Karimi from behind, as he was racing to a 1v1, was unbelievable.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
To be honest, I wouldn't put it past him with all that happened in that tournament. How the ref didn't send off the chinese player who basically tackled Karimi from behind, as he was racing to a 1v1, was unbelievable.
It was Fifa's guidelines to help Chinese football. The money was just too much to ignore. They got them into the World Cup and the rest is history.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

[video=youtube;m53x3XwEpzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m53x3XwEpzI[/video]

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
They sure did everything in their power to cheat and get China in for the Asian world cup. The proximity and so many tourists going there and TV deals and many other factors pushed for this. And then what happened to Iran in that game... The way we were cheated in China and stopped from going to the finals is a true shame. After seeing the highlights above I don't remember the red card to Iran? When did that happen and Iran was playing with 10 man and the ref did not call the red on the Chinese to even it up or that's after??????

This guy got Qatar the WC and now as indicated fans have to go somewhere with no culture, history of football, girls, nice places to visit, good weather, and and and to be at the event. I would not be surprised at all if Iran loses in Qatar in their next game.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
The guy is a crook no doubt. But what the hell does he gain by letting China get to the final. If anyone paid off the ref it was China. They are not exactly foreign to corruption either.