Mohsen Namjoo new song about Reza Shah!

Sepahan

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2003
I have listened to it few times, just to give him benefit of doubt. It is pure garbage and Ko#@ Sh#$. Sorry I love his older stuff. I have not heard rest of album but that song lyrics is shit.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
I have listened to it few times, just to give him benefit of doubt. It is pure garbage and Ko#@ Sh#$. Sorry I love his older stuff. I have not heard rest of album but that song lyrics is shit.
exactly my thought. I love the Toranj song but this looks like crap. But again he is free to sing about anything so can't blame him.

Last edited:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Why would he sing something like this? Reza Shah is probably one of the most respected leaders by Iranians. He was no teryaki compared to the other Iranians. He smoked only one "bast" per day & he would smoke it standing up. The rest would sit around all day by the manghal until they were fucked up.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Pure BS and disgusting if you ask me... I liked him a lot and even attended his concert once and was a fan since the Toranj song. Now I have lost all respect for him. He is nothing but a drug addict loser who is trying everything to make a buck. I wish he would have stayed real but he turned out to be empty with no knowledge of history and respect for those that bled for this country. This is a sign that he his whole battle with the Islamic republic and him leaving was BS. In the recent years IR has been in a battle to make Reza Shah look bad and are making a TV show about him. This only shows how feared they are from the Pahlavi name and their legacy. For those that do not know Reza Shah actually made it illegal for some forms of opium related drugs (Not to familiar with the chemistry of these various types) and under his son it became totally illegal. It was the British who pushed for Opium to be sold worldwide and one can look up the Opium wars to see what happened to the Chinese because of this epidemic. I am not trying to say that Iranians were not responsible themselves and opium has a history of thousands of years in the region. What I am saying is there are commercial and economical gains to be made and for that the British always tried to maximize their profits on simply populations.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
Why would he sing something like this? Reza Shah is probably one of the most respected leaders by Iranians. He was no teryaki compared to the other Iranians. He smoked only one "bast" per day & he would smoke it standing up. The rest would sit around all day by the manghal until they were fucked up.
examples of why:
1) he wants to return to iran because he has exhausted all the opium supplies in north california
2) they arrested his family in IR and asked him politely to sing a song about Reza Shah
3) support of the monarchy in IR is on the rise

one other question could be Are we surprised that this son of a bitch vomited this song out ? Absolutely not. Treachery and treason to people, icons, and values that are Iranian and pro Iran is in our blood.

He is a shit stain on the pavement.

Next song on the album is a rip off of Eric Clapton song. I wonder if they know that he copied Leyla.

I will find out which company has the rights to Eric Clapton songs and will report this website.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I found the song pretty mediocre.

You can not force feed the lyrics into a song.

I found the next song (Roo dast) much better.

Feb 19, 2005
There might be a misunderstanding about his song. I don't believe he intends to insult Reza Shah or minimize his achievements. His video sheds more light on this song.
[video=youtube;xOLGTkNGqGE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOLGTkNGqGE[/video]

I also recommend watching one of his lectures at Brown univ. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpNUAZwpMfE&index=8&list=PLTiEffrOcz_7QeI4fY0B0ZtI4rmfdlNgr.

The point of his lecture is that we should value our musicians regardless of their type of music. Being quick to judge artists is disservice to them and ourselves.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
After listening to the song a few more times and seeing the video farzin posted, I believe he's basically saying even the good things that made it to Iran were because of Akhlaghe-Sag and Zoor which is totally true.
well he was mostly stating a bunch of facts.

but none the less I can't really call it a good song.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
As an artist he is expressing his opinion through the media. I guess that is his right.

As far as the message the song conveys, it depends on who is listening to it. The informed group of people that are commenting on it are digging into hidden message (tafsir) of the song. However, the average Joe that doesn't know much about Iranian history of the last 100 years (75 percent of people of iran mainly the youth) will almost certainly not have the same outtake on the song as you guys.

Given the power of free speech, one must be responsible about his/her art, music.
As far as the song artistic value he is still a shit stain. The song itself is as artistic as fucking miley cyrus.

I wonder if he would sing the same song about gooz-ollah khomeini, or ali e mafool. Would he mention that rahbar shiayan e jahan was de virginized in Mashhad as a teen ager. If he does that then at least he will win some sort of consistency in mind. As per how things stand now he is a fucking scumbag.

goh mikhoreh raje be akhound ha avaz bekhoone choon orze nadareh. yani mesle sag az oon a mitarse. mesle yek sag ke yek omr too saresh zadan.

Come on Keyvan, you can't say Namjoo orzeh nadareh rajebe akhoond bekhooneh. Are you familiar with his works?

Here I'll list some:

[video=youtube_share;p743HHaHwtY]http://youtu.be/p743HHaHwtY[/video]

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
سالها پیش زنده یاد احمد کسروی گفت:

بدبخت ملتی که تاریخ خود را نداند
تیره بخت تر از آن ملتی که علاقمند به دانستن تاریخ خود نباشد

شوربخت تر از همه ملتی است که تاریخ خود را به ریشخند بگیرد!