Mou is impressing...

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
I know that a lot of us greens weren't impressed by the way Mou was leading the movement, especially when Karoubi appeared to be carrying most of the burden by being more bold and courageous. But credit when it's due; Mou has been impressing, especially after Ashoura events. I think it would be unfair to claim that this movement lacks leadership now. After that very impressive statement #17 yesterday he came out and said the revolution has failed in most of its goals and that tyranny and dictatorship still very much exists.

For someone who actually is from the same system, I think he is being very outspoken. And with most of his advisors arrested, he is choosing his words very carefully and effectively. Damesh garm. I really think he and Rahnavard will fight with tenacity until the end.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well I'm not sure if he's "impressing", but he's done less than he could have. He could and should have taken a more aggressive stance from the very beginning. He certainly didn't lack support.

Now it's out of his hands. Many including me still support him but won't take much for the masses to take a more radical approach than the one Mousavi is advocating. In fact, that's already happening

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
putting Moussavi in the role of Green's leadership is doing a disfavor to both Moussavi and the Green.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
Well I'm not sure if he's "impressing", but he's done less than he could have. He could and should have taken a more aggressive stance from the very beginning. He certainly didn't lack support.

Now it's out of his hands. Many including me still support him but won't take much for the masses to take a more radical approach than the one Mousavi is advocating. In fact, that's already happening
BT, as I said, you could make a strong argument of him for lacking enough aggression before Ashoura. But what about post Ashoura? IMO his #17 statement was very calculated and smart and showed real defiance as it asked for some major concessions from the coup government. And his most recent comment was very provocative.

Again, you have to keep in mind that he is not like Khomeini who was fighting the system from outside. He belongs to the system with a more restricted framework.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
^^I agree. Ever since Ashura I have been more impressed with Mousavi than Karoubi. As time goes by I believe Mousavi is more of a savvy politician than Karoubi. Also I have been reading on their past and Mousavi has a better record than Karoubi. Karoubi had a big role in eliminating Montazeri. He was a kaaseye daaghtar az ash when it came to that ordeal. It looks like he was trying to get Ahmad Khomeini to become the SL.