Muslim fury at pope jihad comments

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
Muslim fury at pope jihad comments

POSTED: 8:44 a.m. EDT, September 15, 2006

(CNN) -- Pope Benedict XVI came under a hail of criticism from the Islamic world Friday for comments he made earlier in the week regarding the Prophet Mohammed and the Muslim faith, in some cities provoking street protests.

A growing chorus of Muslim leaders have called on the pope to apologize for the remarks he made in a speech in Germany on Tuesday when he used the terms "jihad" and "holy war."

Pakistan's National Assembly, parliament's lower house, unanimously passed a resolution on Friday condemning the pope's comments.
Muslim protesters shouted slogans against the pontiff at a rally in Jammu, India. And in Cairo, about 100 demonstrators gathered in an anti-Vatican protest outside the capital's al-Azhar mosque.

Meanwhile a youth center run by the Greek Orthodox church in the Gaza Strip was slightly damaged by a small explosion on Friday, witnesses told Reuters.

It was unclear if the blast was connected to the pope's comments.
In his speech, Benedict quoted 14th-century Byzantine emperor Manuel II Paleologus who said, "Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

Before quoting Paleologus during his address at the University of Regensburg on Tuesday, the pontiff noted the "brusqueness," or discourteous nature of the emperor's statement.

"God," the emperor, as the pope quoted, said, "is not pleased by blood -- and not acting reasonably is contrary to God's nature." (Full story)
A transcript of the pope's remarks obtained by the Associated Press television network reads: "In the seventh (sura, or chapter of the Quran), the emperor comes to speak about jihad, holy war.

"The emperor certainly knew that Sura 2, 256, reads: 'No force in matters of faith'. It is one of the early suras, from a time -- as experts say -- in which Mohammed himself was still powerless and threatened.

"However, the emperor of course also knew the requirements about the holy war that were later formulated in the Quran. Without going into details like the handling of the owners of the scriptures, or non-believers, he (the emperor) turned to his interlocutors -- in a surprisingly brusque way -- with the central question after the relationship between religion and violence.

"He said, I quote, 'Show me just what Muhammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.'"

A Vatican statement said Benedict was not trying offend Muslims with his remarks.

"It was certainly not the intention of the Holy Father to ... offend the sensibilities of Muslim faithful," said Federico Lombardi, the Vatican press officer.

But offense was taken as Islamic groups and governments from across the globe weighed in.

"The Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) regrets the quotations cited by the pope on the Life of the Honorable Prophet Mohammed, and what he referred to as 'spreading' Islam 'by the sword,'" a statement released by the OIC on Thursday said.

"The attribution of the spread of Islam around the world to the shedding of blood and violence, which is 'incompatible with the nature of God' is a complete distortion of the facts, which shows deep ignorance of Islam and Islamic history."

Muslim Brotherhood Chairman Mohammed Mahdi Akef also expressed anger over the pope's academic speech.

"The pope's statements come to add fuel to fire and trigger anger within the Muslim world and show that the West with its politicians and clerics are hostile to Islam."

Condemnation also came from Turkey where Benedict is scheduled to visit in November.

"His words are extremely regrettable, worrying and unfortunate in terms of the Christian world and common peace of humanity," the Anatolian state news agency quoted Ali Bardakoglu, the head of Ankara's Directorate General for Religious Affairs, as saying.

"I do not see any use in somebody visiting the Islamic world who thinks in this way about the holy prophet of Islam."

In Pakistan, the National Assembly and Senate on Friday passed unanimous resolutions against Benedict's controversial remarks.
The Pakistan Foreign Office also called into question the pope's comments, calling them highly controversial, regrettable and against Islam.

In Syria, the grand mufti, the country's top Sunni Muslim religious authority, sent a letter to the pope saying he feared the pontiff's comments on Islam would worsen interfaith relations, AP reported.
In Gaza City, Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniya issued a condemnation, saying Benedict's remarks "are not true and defamed the essence of this holy religion and it defamed the history of the Islam."

"We say to the pope to re-examine these comments and to stop defaming the Islam religion that more than 1 and half billion Muslims believe in," said Haniya, who made the remarks after Friday prayers.

But the Vatican statement said Benedict's discussion on Tuesday was quite to the contrary.

"The Holy Father's desire (is) to cultivate an attitude of respect and dialogue towards other religions and cultures, including, of course, Islam."
According to Lombardi, Benedict's speech was "a warning, addressed to Western culture, to avoid 'the contempt for God and the cynicism that considers mockery of the sacred to be an exercise of freedom.'"

CNN's Syed Mohsin Naqvi contributed to this report
Copyright 2006 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09/15/pope.islam/index.html

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2006/09/15/pope-islam.html

excerpt:

Lebanon's most senior Shia Muslim cleric on Friday demanded a personal apology and condemned the remarks.
"We do not accept the apology through Vatican channels … and ask him (Benedict) to offer a personal apology — not through his officials — to Muslims for this false reading (of Islam)," said Grand Ayatollah Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah.
digeh goh e ziaadee daareen mikhoreen pope biyaad az shoma goosaaleh haa mazerat bekhad...

i read what he said, i don't think its not true. it might be mis timed but its true.
Muslems did expand their empire by war.

Christians hit back and we had the crusades.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Come on Keyvan jaan, and the Christians spread Christiantiy into the Americas and South East Asia by splashing holy water on them? Or even we Iranians spread Zoroastrianism at the time of Cyrus by giving rugs to people around the world? War and violence is in the history of this planet regardless of what nation or regligion.

However, it is irresponsible for a religous leader to come out and provoke another group by making these types of comments. There are over a billion muslims world-wide, and yes, Islam is not, or at least is not being interpreted to be one of the most peaceful ideologies, so why go and stir the shit up?

Quite frankly, unless the pope has some plans similar to Hitler (since he is German) to get rid of all the muslims in the world, he should be promoting constituents of all religions to learn to live together in peace and harmony and not make derogatory comments like this. you guys think fighting terrorism is important, I agree. This type of shit does not help if not hinder those efforts.

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
What part of popes statement was inaccurate? Every thing he pointed out is well documented. The hell with some retard hardcore moslem in some backward place probably with no running water, indoor pluming and no schools that always get offended by everything even a laoud gooz.

Those facts are also mentioned in books like "besto se sal /23 sal".

AliMR

Bench Warmer
Mar 25, 2005
how interesting!
- "God," the emperor, as the pope quoted, said, "is not pleased by blood -
But didn't Jesus have "die for our sins?" because Sin was between man and God, and that sin had to be washed by blood! Pope needs to get his facts straight. Go to any Christian Sermon and they talk about Blood of Jesus being needed to wash away sin (apparently god couldn’t do it himself!). So yes, in Christianity, blood of a man is required by god!

Honestly, the pope should shutup and learn about his own predecessor history of violence and prejudice. Pope needs to learn how his institution divided the world between the Spaniards and the Portuguese and allowed them to do whatever they pleased in those territories.

Pope has to be told about the inquisitions which knocked down doors and literally converted people by putting the sword on their necks. Who ever didn’t convert to Christianity was killed.

Pope should learn about the holocaust and how his institution was silent as 13 million people were killed, 6 million Jews incinerated and gassed by another good Christian (Hitler).

Pope should look at the history of Americas. How the "good Christians" nearly killed off the entire native population. All done with popes blessing and backing.

and we all know how pope urban started the bloody crusades on Jerusalem. And how they killed every living thing in the city. (blood was knee high in the city, they proudly claim).

Islam was spread by the sword?
Someone should first tell him that no...Christianity was spread by the sword (as seen above)...and yes Islam was also spread by the sword, but the sword wasn’t made of steel, it was made of truth.

لاَ إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ
No compulsion in religion (Quran 2:256)

I have asked/said this before and I will say/ask it again:
Islam is growing rapidly in America and Europe...what Muslim army, what sword is forcing these people to convert? Indonesia is the biggest Muslim country, what Muslim army marched there? Muslims held Spain for nearly a 1000 years, yet Jews, Muslims and Christians lived there together...India was ruled by Muslims for nearly a 1000 years...if Islam was spread by the sword, then there wouldn’t remain a single Hindu in that country...800 million Hindus are live testaments that Islam was not spread by the sword. 14 million Arab Coptic (since generations) live in Islamic countries today. If Islam was spread by the sword, you would not find a any Coptic Arab Christians. In fact, it is Christianity that has been spread by the sword, not Islam.

I personally think that pope is alarmed at the conversion rates and rate of growth. Drowning men clutch at straws, and that is exactly what this guy is doing. Imagine if the highest ranking members of ulema had expressed such views on Christianity, it would be all over the news. But the "Pope" can make such comments and it is all fine and dandy! "learned" men of religions should be more responsible.

Last edited:

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
ashtar said:
LOL. look at the source. LOL
Look who’s LOOLing!! :4:

Your biggest source is the most single laughable published diary of a mad man, collected in one place. Those of you who have not read it yet, try a western language translation as the farsi version has been revised a number of times. :bye:

AliMR

Bench Warmer
Mar 25, 2005
Bloody History

Ejaz Ahmed, a member of an Italian governmental consultative committee on Islam, also criticized the Vatican pope, reported Italy's ANSA news agency.

"In his speech the pope overlooks the fact that Islam was the cradle of science and that Muslims were the first to translate Greek philosophers before they became part of European history," he said.

"The Muslim world is currently undergoing a deep crisis and any attack from the West can aggravate this crisis," he said.

Aiman Mazyek, the president of Germany's Central Council of Muslims, said the history of the Roman Catholic Church had violent chapters.

"After the bloodstained conversions in South America, the crusades in the Muslim world, the coercion of the Church by Hitler's regime, and even the coining of the phrase 'holy war' by Pope Urban II, I do not think the Church should point a finger at extremist activities in other religions," he told the Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper.

Haken al-Mutairi, Secretary General of Kuwait's Umma party asked Pope Benedict to immediately apologize "to the Muslim world for his calumnies against the Prophet Muhammed and Islam".

Mutairi hit out at the pope's "unaccustomed and unprecedented" remarks, and linked the Catholic Church leader's comments to "new Western wars currently under way in the Muslim world in places such as Afghanistan, Iraq and Lebanon".

The pope's statements amounted to "the pursuit of crusades", he told AFP.

"I call on all Arab and Islamic states to recall their ambassadors from the Vatican and expel those from the Vatican until the pope says he is sorry for the wrong done to the Prophet and to Islam, which preaches peace, tolerance, justice and equality."

Mutairi urged Christian and Muslim religious leaders to "spread the values of tolerance and clemency preached by the prophets Jesus and Muhammed".
Why do they wish to antagonize us? it will not make us convert or renounce or faith, it only makes us stronger and gives us a chance to unite. they work against their own interest.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
"Violence is incompatible with the nature of God and the nature of the soul," the pope said.

Realy?

Well either this pope doesn't know shit about the teachings of his own religion or is senile or is simply full of shit.

Lets review the nature of Pope's God in the words of their own holly book:

So tell them, "The LORD, the God of Israel, says: All your wineskins will be full of wine." And they will reply, "Of course, you don't need to tell us how prosperous we will be!" Then tell them, "No, this is what the LORD means: I will make everyone in this land so confused that they will seem drunk – from the king sitting on David's throne and from the priests and the prophets, right on down to the common people. I will smash them one against the other, even parents against children, says the LORD. I will not let my pity or mercy or compassion keep me from destroying them." (Jeremiah 13:12-14 NLT)

So this is what the LORD Almighty says about them: "I will punish them! Their young men will die in battle, and their little boys and girls will starve. Not one of these plotters from Anathoth will survive, for I will bring disaster upon them when their time of punishment comes." (Jeremiah 11:22-23 NLT)

The LORD issued the following command to Moses: "Seize all the ringleaders and execute them before the LORD in broad daylight, so his fierce anger will turn away from the people of Israel." (Numbers 25:1-9 NLT)

"May the curse of the LORD fall on anyone who tries to rebuild the city of Jericho. At the cost of his firstborn son, he will lay its foundation. At the cost of his youngest son, he will set up its gates." So the LORD was with Joshua, and his name became famous throughout the land. (Joshua 6:26-27)

And they took them from the midst of the tent, and brought them to Joshua, and to all the children of Israel, and laid them out before the LORD. And Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver, and the garment, and the wedge of gold, and his sons, and his daughters, and his oxen, and his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had: and they brought them to the valley of Achor. And Joshua said, why hast thou troubled us? the LORD shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. (Joshua 7:19-26 Webster's Bible)

You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. (Jeremiah 51:20-26)

Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith Jehovah of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered; and I will turn my hand upon the little ones. And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith Jehovah, two parts therein shall be cut off and die...and they shall say, Jehovah is my God. (Zechariah 13:7-9 ASV)

Let the praises of God be in their mouths, and a sharp sword in their hands to execute vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples, to bind their kings with shackles and their leaders with iron chains, to execute the judgment written against them. This is the glory of his faithful ones. Praise the LORD! (Psalms 149:1-9 NLT)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

If you refuse to obey all the terms of this law that are written in this book, and if you do not fear the glorious and awesome name of the LORD your God, then the LORD will overwhelm both you and your children with indescribable plagues. These plagues will be intense and without relief, making you miserable and unbearably sick. ... "Just as the LORD has found great pleasure in helping you to prosper and multiply, the LORD will find pleasure in destroying you" (Deuteronomy 28:58-68 NLT)

"The LORD will bring a distant nation against you from the end of the earth, and it will swoop down on you like an eagle. It is a nation whose language you do not understand, a fierce and heartless nation that shows no respect for the old and no pity for the young. " (Deuteronomy 28:45-57 NLT)

The LORD will cover you from head to foot with incurable boils. (Deuteronomy 28:30-35 NLT)

The LORD himself will send against you curses, confusion, and disillusionment in everything you do, until at last you are completely destroyed for doing evil and forsaking me. (Deuteronomy 28:20-29 NLT)

The above is the nature of Pope's God. So what the f... is he talking about?

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
the major point is that a pope like him, who supports and is supported by Opus Dei, who were major supporters and backers of Franco's regime, and the catholic church, who has more blood on its hands than any other church/ferghe, is in no position to say anything about muslims, Islam or buddhists or anything else.

if you say he is right, then President AN is also right with his israel and america comments, likewise Khatami is in the position to criticise human rights abuse by the US government.

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
Baba before you cut and paste a couple of books to discredit, christianity, pope or whatever. I don't think you can really distinguish betwwen all three sematic religions that came from ME. They all are basically the same.

Here is another reference for you, Tavalodi Degar By Shafa :)

AliMR

Bench Warmer
Mar 25, 2005
ashtar said:
"Violence is incompatible with the nature of God and the nature of the soul," the pope said.

Realy?

Well either this pope doesn't know shit about the teachings of his own religion or is senile or is simply full of shit.

Lets review the nature of Pope's God in the words of their own holly book:

So tell them, "The LORD, the God of Israel, says: All your wineskins will be full of wine." And they will reply, "Of course, you don't need to tell us how prosperous we will be!" Then tell them, "No, this is what the LORD means: I will make everyone in this land so confused that they will seem drunk – from the king sitting on David's throne and from the priests and the prophets, right on down to the common people. I will smash them one against the other, even parents against children, says the LORD. I will not let my pity or mercy or compassion keep me from destroying them." (Jeremiah 13:12-14 NLT)

So this is what the LORD Almighty says about them: "I will punish them! Their young men will die in battle, and their little boys and girls will starve. Not one of these plotters from Anathoth will survive, for I will bring disaster upon them when their time of punishment comes." (Jeremiah 11:22-23 NLT)

The LORD issued the following command to Moses: "Seize all the ringleaders and execute them before the LORD in broad daylight, so his fierce anger will turn away from the people of Israel." (Numbers 25:1-9 NLT)

"May the curse of the LORD fall on anyone who tries to rebuild the city of Jericho. At the cost of his firstborn son, he will lay its foundation. At the cost of his youngest son, he will set up its gates." So the LORD was with Joshua, and his name became famous throughout the land. (Joshua 6:26-27)

And they took them from the midst of the tent, and brought them to Joshua, and to all the children of Israel, and laid them out before the LORD. And Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver, and the garment, and the wedge of gold, and his sons, and his daughters, and his oxen, and his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had: and they brought them to the valley of Achor. And Joshua said, why hast thou troubled us? the LORD shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. (Joshua 7:19-26 Webster's Bible)

You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. (Jeremiah 51:20-26)

Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith Jehovah of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered; and I will turn my hand upon the little ones. And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith Jehovah, two parts therein shall be cut off and die...and they shall say, Jehovah is my God. (Zechariah 13:7-9 ASV)

Let the praises of God be in their mouths, and a sharp sword in their hands to execute vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples, to bind their kings with shackles and their leaders with iron chains, to execute the judgment written against them. This is the glory of his faithful ones. Praise the LORD! (Psalms 149:1-9 NLT)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

If you refuse to obey all the terms of this law that are written in this book, and if you do not fear the glorious and awesome name of the LORD your God, then the LORD will overwhelm both you and your children with indescribable plagues. These plagues will be intense and without relief, making you miserable and unbearably sick. ... "Just as the LORD has found great pleasure in helping you to prosper and multiply, the LORD will find pleasure in destroying you" (Deuteronomy 28:58-68 NLT)

"The LORD will bring a distant nation against you from the end of the earth, and it will swoop down on you like an eagle. It is a nation whose language you do not understand, a fierce and heartless nation that shows no respect for the old and no pity for the young. " (Deuteronomy 28:45-57 NLT)

The LORD will cover you from head to foot with incurable boils. (Deuteronomy 28:30-35 NLT)

The LORD himself will send against you curses, confusion, and disillusionment in everything you do, until at last you are completely destroyed for doing evil and forsaking me. (Deuteronomy 28:20-29 NLT)

The above is the nature of Pope's God. So what the f... is he talking about?
well, he doesnt really know who his god is... is it jesus? is it the father? is it father and jesus rolled into one? is it father, jesus, holyghost? i'll tell you what kinda "god" the pope has:
A Merciless god
[FONT=&quot] In the Bible we read that, “This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.” 1 Samuel 15:2-3. Christianity is taught through the media as the religion of peace. How can god be so merciless to even kill children, women and as far as babies?

[/FONT] The Quran in Sura 16, verse 126 says “If ye punish, then punish with the like of that wherewith ye were afflicted. But if ye endure patiently, verily it is better for the patient.”
The Quran here is stating that if you want to retaliate, then retaliate with the same force they did, no more. That would be a transgression. BUT, it is even better for you wait. We know God is truly a merciful god, not a merciless one.

so pope can go to hell.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Here are some quotes from Koran on when and how to fight and when to make peace:

"If anyone slew a person—for murder or spreading mischief in the land—it would be as if he slew the whole people. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people." (Chapter 5, Verse 32)

"Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loves not transgressors." (Chapter 2, Verse 190)

"Andfight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors." (Chapter 2, Verse 193)

"And what reason have you that you should not fight in the way of Allah and of the weak among the men and the women and the children, (of) those who say: Our Lord! cause us to go forth from this town, whose people are oppressors" (Chapter 4, Verse 75)

"O ye who believe! When ye go forth (to fight) in the way of Allah, be careful to discriminate, and say not unto one who offereth you peace: "Thou art not a believer," seeking the chance profits of this life (so that ye may despoil him). ...Therefore take care to discriminate. Allah is ever Informed of what ye do." (Chapter 4, Verse 94)

"Permission (to fight) is given to those upon whom war is made because they are oppressed, and most surely Allah is well able to assist them"
"Those who have been expelled from their homes without a just cause except that they say: Our Lord is Allah. ..." (Chapter 22, Verse 39-40)

"And make not Allah because of your swearing (by Him) an obstacle to your doing good and guarding (against evil) and making peace between men, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing." (Chapter 2, Verse 224)

"therefore if they withdraw from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not given you a way against them." (Chapter 4, Verse 90)

"And if they incline to peace, then incline to it and trust in Allah; surely He is the Hearing, the Knowing." (Chapter 8, Verse 61)

"And if two parties of the believers quarrel, make peace between them; but if one of them acts wrongfully towards the other, fight that which acts wrongfully until it returns to Allah's command; then if it returns, make peace between them with justice and act equitably; surely Allah loves those who act equitably." (Chapter 49, Verse 9)

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
deerouz said:
Not again! (sigh)

Kashmiri muslims burn the effigee of Pope Benedict.
yek mosht bikAr e bisavAd e Hendi, Kashmiri, Pakestani (same shit. not that there is any difference between any of them) ...

Constantly waiting for someone to fart so they can light a fire.

They ought to set themselves on fire in order to protest the daily insult of Islam that they cause with their miserable lives and grotesque existence.

May 21, 2003
these days i am honestly getting fed up with both sides of the equation.

Moslems bitching about discrimination (in the US which is totally justified) and in europe (which is not totally justified because europe is full of moslems).

as a catholic, i don't like people bad mouthing the holy father, if you guys do i will resume my taking a shit on your prophets and emaams and whatever fucking else that you have...

you have been warned.

don't live by double standards. :bye:

in addition, you guys mention corporations funding vatican organizations, most of the moslem organizations in the world are funded by regimes or affiliates of regimes such as KINGDOM OF CAMEL ARABIA or the ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF ASSHOLES (IRAN) so please don't tell me about questionable sources of funding...

i.e. the assholes in pakistan, tehran and saudi are just as bad as the idiots in jerusalem and that in-breeding mother fucker pat robertson.

May 21, 2003
ashtar said:
Here are some quotes from Koran on when and how to fight and when to make peace:

"If anyone slew a person—for murder or spreading mischief in the land—it would be as if he slew the whole people. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people." (Chapter 5, Verse 32)

"Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loves not transgressors." (Chapter 2, Verse 190)

"Andfight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors." (Chapter 2, Verse 193)

"And what reason have you that you should not fight in the way of Allah and of the weak among the men and the women and the children, (of) those who say: Our Lord! cause us to go forth from this town, whose people are oppressors" (Chapter 4, Verse 75)

"O ye who believe! When ye go forth (to fight) in the way of Allah, be careful to discriminate, and say not unto one who offereth you peace: "Thou art not a believer," seeking the chance profits of this life (so that ye may despoil him). ...Therefore take care to discriminate. Allah is ever Informed of what ye do." (Chapter 4, Verse 94)

"Permission (to fight) is given to those upon whom war is made because they are oppressed, and most surely Allah is well able to assist them"
"Those who have been expelled from their homes without a just cause except that they say: Our Lord is Allah. ..." (Chapter 22, Verse 39-40)

"And make not Allah because of your swearing (by Him) an obstacle to your doing good and guarding (against evil) and making peace between men, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing." (Chapter 2, Verse 224)

"therefore if they withdraw from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not given you a way against them." (Chapter 4, Verse 90)

"And if they incline to peace, then incline to it and trust in Allah; surely He is the Hearing, the Knowing." (Chapter 8, Verse 61)

"And if two parties of the believers quarrel, make peace between them; but if one of them acts wrongfully towards the other, fight that which acts wrongfully until it returns to Allah's command; then if it returns, make peace between them with justice and act equitably; surely Allah loves those who act equitably." (Chapter 49, Verse 9)
here we go again, another fucking sales pitch...

that is why i block telemarketers...

honest to god, if you base and direct your life on comments made by unknown persons 1400 fucking years ago you need to take a vacation to cancun or in your case MECCA....

have a nice day.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
keyvan_pars said:
as a catholic, i don't like people bad mouthing the holy father, if you guys do i will resume my taking a shit on your prophets and emaams and whatever fucking else that you have...

you have been warned.

i.e. the assholes in pakistan, tehran and saudi are just as bad as the idiots in jerusalem and that in-breeding mother fucker pat robertson.
Pardon my ignorance but who is the "holy father" and who's been bad mouthing him?

P.S. As a crazy right-wing nut I don't like people bad mouthing Pat Robertson either. You too have been warned. :cheers:

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
keyvan_pars said:
honest to god, if you base and direct your life on comments made by unknown persons 1400 fucking years ago you need to take a vacation to cancun or in your case MECCA....
Whose basing or directing their life on those comments?

Since "holy father" seems to be hung up on words from 1400 years ago just wanted to validate his wise comments.