name of the song in the rageh inside iran documentary?

iranissick

Bench Warmer
Dec 10, 2005
london, on
hey, anyone know the name of that song that plays at parts in the middle of the documentary?
also if anyone knows somewhere i can download good iranian underground music. rock/reggae/alternative...
there's a new group called Abjeez from sweden i suggest ya'll check them out

Jun 15, 2006
if you would tell me the approximate time when the song is played i'll let you know what the name of the song is; i think there were a few Benyamin songs in there, when he is interviewing him and his manager.

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
abjezz?? they r worse than z-bazi...shame ..really shame...ma behtare berim hamoon tar va kamoonchamoon ro bezanim ....rock pishkeshemoon

o-hum first album..nahale heirat wasnt bad,,,nice idea of using hafez lyrics plus some DOZDI irish folk and some electric guitar but the 2nd and 3rd album is a big disapointment IMO..

pansari

Bench Warmer
May 24, 2006
if you would tell me the approximate time when the song is played i'll let you know what the name of the song is; i think there were a few Benyamin songs in there, when he is interviewing him and his manager.
Zidane Jan, the song im talking about is sonati type, it occurs at 1:52 right at the begining, and throughout the docomentery.

Thanks

iranissick

Bench Warmer
Dec 10, 2005
london, on
abjezz?? they r worse than z-bazi...shame ..really shame...ma behtare berim hamoon tar va kamoonchamoon ro bezanim ....rock pishkeshemoon

o-hum first album..nahale heirat wasnt bad,,,nice idea of using hafez lyrics plus some DOZDI irish folk and some electric guitar but the 2nd and 3rd album is a big disapointment IMO..
disagree with u strongly. new varieties of music and iranian artists experimenting with new genres is great. of course it won't be great (i.e. not all of Abjeez is good) but this is the beginning and things will only get better. I for one am sick of los angeles music and it's good to see ppl doing something else.
a really good artist ill suggest to every1 is Mohsen Namjoo. he is Mojaaz and some of his tracks are very solid. and i was lookin around and one of the songs in the documentary is Taraneh by Kiosk (persian rock artist). There is also Shajarian and O-Hum on the documentary as well as traditional music.

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
disagree with u strongly. new varieties of music and iranian artists experimenting with new genres is great. of course it won't be great (i.e. not all of Abjeez is good) but this is the beginning and things will only get better. I for one am sick of los angeles music and it's good to see ppl doing something else.
a really good artist ill suggest to every1 is Mohsen Namjoo. he is Mojaaz and some of his tracks are very solid. and i was lookin around and one of the songs in the documentary is Taraneh by Kiosk (persian rock artist). There is also Shajarian and O-Hum on the documentary as well as traditional music.
with all respect,,I think alllllllll iranian pop music is crap...no matter its from LA or a funny mimic of LA singers... I have seen some talented guitar players in iran but someone with A decent knowledge of music??!!im affraid not...

u mentioned kiosk....well arash sobhani who is the lead guitar and vocals is an architect( better say studied architecture) and no music education what so ever.,,,this is not a music we could call underground or alternative...alternative to 6/8???? in one side we have hosein ali zade who tried to combine iranian folk with modern music which didnt go anywhere and on the otherhand these so called underground THINGIES which r terrible...
I appreciate all the effort and ofcourse as u said its just started in JOMHIIRI ISLAMI but its LOST in middle of no where...

o-hum as i said in other posts did a nice job by using hafez poets as lyrics which was a deconstruction of the LYRICS itself but it was all about irish dozdi folk themes plus kamoonche...not sth we could call IRANIAN..
anyway good luck to them...

royaz

Football Fan
Mar 14, 2007
Alila,

I read your comments and I am dying to know what music you listen to , and what in your opinion is considered good music? Please give some examples of musicians and bands that you admire and listen to and which you consider of having artistic value.

Thanks!

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
Alila,

I read your comments and I am dying to know what music you listen to , and what in your opinion is considered good music? Please give some examples of musicians and bands that you admire and listen to and which you consider of having artistic value.

Thanks!
u signed up for an account just for asking this??lol :doh:...or u r one of my other mates in isp who has 2 profiles????:chase:

well I Like classic music,,been playing classical guitar( old yamaha and an acoustic AC35 ARIA)Since I was 12 but Im not good at it to be honest..

well I dont like pop music in general..no matter its west pop music or irooni pop...I find them cheap and shallow..( no offence........)

my fav music bands??mmmmmmm
pink floyd for sure..they started a theme called space rock after everyone thinking there is no music after beatles..all the way till FINAL CUT which roger waters left the band and from then pink floyd turned to an everyday music..what a shame..

I listen to roger waters ballads..have all the cds of him...great lyrics plus powerful songs..
mmmmmmmm .,..more?? radiohead is great,,,powerful music,,really recommended..
U2 is just gr888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
from older times..lets say sting,,mark knopfler,,and so many others..

I like shahram nazeri too...plus husein ali zade( his neinava),,

did u get ur answer mate??
if u like irooni music no offence aziz jan...u have the right to adore anything u like ,,its a free world but its shallow and lame...its not a deep music and it doesnt come from the heart...just some arabic or turkish rythme and some DOOSET DARAM lyrics..thats all..
most of these new singers dont know anything about music at all...atleast shahram shapare,,know 2 or 3 instruments to play but compare him to kamran houmanlol,,,

i hope u have git ur answer and apparenly there is no need DYING lol
take care aziz jan,,royaz or whatever ur other profile name is..:2:

iman_kh

Bench Warmer
Sep 18, 2005
does anyone have the link to the thread that had that documentry on, i didn get a chance to watch the whole thig and now i cant find it no more:(

royaz

Football Fan
Mar 14, 2007
Alila,

Thanks for the clarification. That explains a lot.

I totally agree that 98% of music produced in LA by the LA Music Mafia is as crappy and as worthless as what is produced in Tehran by the Lalezar Mafia.

However, none of the artists (Pink Floyd, U2, Sting, Mark Knopfler, etc ) you listen to have had any formal music education , so why do you state having a music education as a requirement for creating good music? Ironically, Kouros is a graduate from the Berklee College of music in Jazz arrangement , but his music is ghastly and unbearable.

My point it, you simply can not compare the likes of O-Hum, 127, Kahtmayan, Kiosk, Mohsen Namjoo, etc to LA based pop music. Either you have not listened close enough to appreciate the artistic subtleties embedded in their music, or you dont have enough music theory knowledge and background to understand how these artists are taking the commonalities in Blues, Rock, Jazz, and Persian music and creating a fusion style which is in itself unique and a genre of its own called Iranian Alternative Music and Iranian Underground Music. Yes, it is still experimental and in an infant stage, but you need to support them if you want to see them succeed and make a difference.

Clearly you have a passion for guitar oriented music, but have never been able to trade in your "old yamaha and an acoustic AC35 ARIA" for a solid body Gibson electric guitar and to express your pent up frustration through a distorted Fender amplifier, so from a psychological point of view , its possible that you subconsciously try to discredit any Persian guitarists who do actually ascend to higher levels of musicianship than you have attempted to attain.

That is understandable, but your negative attitude towards Persian musicians trying desparately to change the staleness in Persian music , is not.

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
Alila,

Thanks for the clarification. That explains a lot.

I totally agree that 98% of music produced in LA by the LA Music Mafia is as crappy and as worthless as what is produced in Tehran by the Lalezar Mafia.

However, none of the artists (Pink Floyd, U2, Sting, Mark Knopfler, etc ) you listen to have had any formal music education , so why do you state having a music education as a requirement for creating good music? Ironically, Kouros is a graduate from the Berklee College of music in Jazz arrangement , but his music is ghastly and unbearable.

My point it, you simply can not compare the likes of O-Hum, 127, Kahtmayan, Kiosk, Mohsen Namjoo, etc to LA based pop music. Either you have not listened close enough to appreciate the artistic subtleties embedded in their music, or you dont have enough music theory knowledge and background to understand how these artists are taking the commonalities in Blues, Rock, Jazz, and Persian music and creating a fusion style which is in itself unique and a genre of its own called Iranian Alternative Music and Iranian Underground Music. Yes, it is still experimental and in an infant stage, but you need to support them if you want to see them succeed and make a difference.

Clearly you have a passion for guitar oriented music, but have never been able to trade in your "old yamaha and an acoustic AC35 ARIA" for a solid body Gibson electric guitar and to express your pent up frustration through a distorted Fender amplifier, so from a psychological point of view , its possible that you subconsciously try to discredit any Persian guitarists who do actually ascend to higher levels of musicianship than you have attempted to attain.

That is understandable, but your negative attitude towards Persian musicians trying desparately to change the staleness in Persian music , is not.
well .. education in music is not a MUST..its a short cut like any other education ..

discredit any persian guitarist???? where did u get that from??:mymistake,,,but being a good guitar player for example is far from being a good misician...some persian guitarists like ardeshir farah or even babak amini( before he wasted his talent with gogoosh) have done /shown high level of guitar playing abilities ... but when it comes to electric guitar and GIBSON ,I havent seen anyone doing anything special with electric...
The LA pop music( i didnt call them mafia..u did) is not worth talking about..they have a 70 million market who wants ghere kamar and 6/8 for their weddings and still adore chris de burgh...nothing against the ppl

I have heard o-hum and have met shahram sharbaf in person and have had a chat with him and his music..quite YEK DANDE and stubborn person who wants to start and finish every job by himself...terrible vocals but insisting on singing ..I liked the way they used hafez poems as lyrics and admire the effort expressing hafez in a modern way but I didnt like the music at all...its shallow( a head and shoulder better than others) ,,and nothing special...trust me
kiosk as i said earlier on,was an underground group of arch students in isfahan ,except one or 2 like bahador keshani( playing DAF..and he is damn good) ,,,,I dont know how many ppl are working with arash sobhani at the moment but it doesnt need MUSICAL KNOWLEDGE to understand IT IS NOT UNIQUE...

you combined ur musical knowledge with ur exceptional abilities in psychology....weldone mate..az u said im suffering from that depression of not being able to play guitar in a high level...any prescription??:--wierd:..but thx anyway..

I get bored listening to 0-hum...kiosk and ofcourse I havent heard namjoo so i cant comment his music yet and IMO the persian alternative doesnt exist..they are highlly inspired by modern rock but pushing iranian 3 tar or tanboor wont make it irooni my friend...
u have a diff taste and i have mine...so u continue supporting them by dloading their music and i do my way of ignoring them,,,:--closed:

Art and music is a constant move..but unfortunatelly Art been stopped in iran since ghajar dynesty and it is still freezed...u just need to open ur eyes and see it...no architecture, sculpture or even music is produced in iran,,,,its a shame but its true and music is not an exception...u cant expect a miracle from a vast ,empty space can u? its not matter of war or islamic revolution....just compare bosnian music to its counterparts in iran ,,,result is shocking

SlyOne

Ball Boy
Dec 10, 2002
Fiji
Thanks Royaz jan, i agree with you completely. I have listened to O-hum and kiosk and loved the music. Sure they are not perfect but they are pushing persian music boundaries. And its all about experimentation. Ohum integrates western music beautifully with traditional instruments - sure the singing is not melodious as some singers but hey there are much more positives than that negative.

I would rather have experimenting bands than formula iranian pop singers with the best singing voices and musical education out there any day.