Name your top 5 striker THIS season among all EUROPEAN leagues.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
we should define first rapper or MCs.
if MCs, I wouldn't put Pac and Cube to it. If rappers, they might belong there.

Top5 MCs: Jay-Z, Biggie, Nas, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim tied with KRS
Top5 Rappers: Biggie, Jay-Z, LL, Pac, Cube

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Its not very complicated. Everyone has qualities and deficiencies. When a player is either on your team or you like him for any reason, you usually credit his qualities and defend his deficiencies. When hes not, you do the opposite. You dont change the facts or make shit up, but your bias is swayed to the other side. Its like being an advocate. You could hypothetically argue both sides, but you argue the side you are given. Its called being a fan.

Plus I think Ibra is playing pretty well for Barca. If he was absolute garbage, I dont think anyone would be defending him...
Farbod jan, in fact, everyone has different opinions about everybody. If I like a player, you might not and one player that you like, I might not think much of. It's all good. But when you always defend players just because they're in your team, no matter what and no matter who, that's not really being a fan though? A true fan is someone who can (apart from being on his team's side) also acknowledge the flaws of his team and players. At least at some point! That's what differs between being a fan and being obsessed. The former will help your team by logical defending and criticism while the latter will have a clouded judgement.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not here trying to tell westi what he should or he should not do. It's none of my business. After years of discussion, I know he will never change. He is the way he is and I wish him luck!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Yes, they are based on bias. The difference between me and you however is that I admit when I'm biased, while you simply don't. For you every fucking useless Brazilian asshole is great. I told you ages ago that Robinho is the new Denilson and not the new Pele while you were arguing he is better than Messi and it turns out, well, he was the new Denilson.
dude, if you're gonna talk about admitting, at least I never said I was right!! (hint: your Zlatan reply to Pooya).

Now you're talking completely out of your a$$. First of all I've never said Robinho is better than Massi now. True at that time when both were new to the world of football, I was cheering for him, hoping that he could get real good. but he didn't and I've acknowledged that. I've also acknowledged Messi is one of the best players in the world today and I've said that many times. and I'm sure your memory still serves you about it cause we've even discussed it before in this site! But anyways.....ACKNOWLEDGMENT, you know? A word you're not really familiar with. That has always been in my character to admit when and if I've been wrong. So really...you out of all people in this site, should not talk about me being biased! lol :D

Yeah, now what? You want to say Ibra sucks? Really DUDE? And then you argue about logic and rationality? Do you even know what that's about? LOOOOOOOOL!
No, I didn't say Ibra sucks. But you said you'll defend every player in you're team who works 100%. I took it you meant even players who sucked in the eyes of others but a biased irrational barcelona fan. ;)

Anyways, I think that's it for you when it comes to this discussion. I wont get further with it as experience tells me it wont take us anywhere. Good luck and take care....

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
great question, but it depends on how many leagues and how many games we all watch constantly to be fair in our opinion/ranking, no?!:)

I personally watch EPL, La Liga, Serie-A, and Bundesliga games only. so although read that Cisse is doing great at Greece, but Behrouz knows better bc he is watching Greek league games. :)

I have no idea why all of you guys are discounting Anelka here. Perhaps he is being over-shadowed by Heyvaan Drogba but he is having a terrific season...
akh daghighan..he is on fire this season. absolutely brilliant. love his composure and great timing(in scoring) this season..he's improved so much!:)

Rooney
Anelka
Milito
Higuain
Villa

Last edited:

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
Two-three years ago, I was saying all along to mashdi and others that United should go for Anelka instead of Berbatov (who is brilliant sometimes and frustrating most other times). He was no more a sulk at Bolton and if anything SAF would have taken care of that. We would have got a great striker at 12m with 20m to spare.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
True, and that's why I included Luis Suárez. I don't see Cissé play but Suárez has scored 22 in 22 this season and has literally been Ajax's whole attack and creativity. The guy has outgrown the Eredivisie. + I rate the Eredivisie higher than the Greek league.
So would I. The Dutch league is definitely ahead of the Greek league. But that's not to say the greek league is easy to perform in and there are good players. Cisse has done very well considering no other player in recent past has come close to his goals tally in that same league.

I hope he gets a recall to the French squad but I am not holding my breath.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Can you explain how you have Anelka over Drogba? Just curious :)
sure!:) both are doing great TOGETHER this season. it has always been hard for Chelsea coaches to get Drogba and Anelka to work well/score along side each other. but this season they compliment each other so well!

but overall this season, if you compare the two and watch Chelsea's games, Anelka has scored much more important goals than Drogba. whether that be, an equalizer to save chelsea from loss, to score a winner, or to score the first goal that psychologically boosts chelsea squad to score even more.

and compare to all that Anelka has done brilliantly this season so far, Drogba just doesnt stand out as good as him this season. my 2 cents though..:)

Mar 13, 2007
1-Drogba
2-Rooney
3-Anelka
4-Tevez
5-Milito

laliga strikers dont count. there is no defence in that league so it doesn't matter how good you are in that crap league

Mar 13, 2007

lol, what does this have to do with anything genius!? one high scoring game in a league will tell you about how 'tight' a league is!?

scoring in EPL is 10 times tougher cause EPL has a lot more quality defenders than lajoka, cause EPL games and defenders are a lot tougher than that joke league, and because the league as a whole is 10 times more competitive than a league where 2 teams play playground soccer and beat everyone else by ease

that shit is unwatchable

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
sure!:) both are doing great TOGETHER this season. it has always been hard for Chelsea coaches to get Drogba and Anelka to work well/score along side each other. but this season they compliment each other so well!

but overall this season, if you compare the two and watch Chelsea's games, Anelka has scored much more important goals than Drogba. whether that be, an equalizer to save chelsea from loss, to score a winner, or to score the first goal that psychologically boosts chelsea squad to score even more.

and compare to all that Anelka has done brilliantly this season so far, Drogba just doesnt stand out as good as him this season. my 2 cents though..:)
I dont see how its even close. Drogba has been the best player in EPL this season.

Goals: 17-8
Assits: 5-4
Actim Index: 454-444

Drogba against Arsenal: 2 Games, 4 goals
Drogba against Liverpool: 1 Game, assisted both Goals
Drogba in Champions League: 3 Games, 3 goals

Anelka hasnt scored a goal against a team in the top half of the standings. Hes played extremely well and scored some important goals sure. But his season is nowhere near Drogbas. The only player in the world right now Id put above Drogba is Messi, and even that is by a slim margin. Drogba has been fucking insane this year.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2005
Takes a whole lot of "imagination" to say Anelka has been as good as Drogba. Sure, Anelka gets underappreciated and has done very well in Drogba's absence. But no one in their right mind would consider Anelka the best forward in the world; whereas you can reasonably say that with Drogba.