Naser Hejazi: If the field was any better we would have lost

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
- Because Bahrain was the team keeping the ball on the ground, not us!
Expect a tougher game in tehran!

- Why does Branko insist on using the same formation against all teams? Do all teams play with the same style?

- Why not go with the 4-4-2 formation, With Hashemian and Daei upfront? and Enayati or Borhani coming in for Daei if necessary!

- Why are Figo and Zidane subbed so easily while it's a big No no to sub Daei out?

Naser Khan has good points.

backechap

Nov 22, 2002
All I can say is that when one asserts that his own national team would have lost if the field was in a different shape, he has some grudges against the team. How does he know if the ball would have gone in for one team and not for the other if the field was any better?

On the other hand, his comment about Daei has some validity, especially in this game. We seriously lacked an extra technical player in the mid-field (as a forward), someone who could control the ball as it was coming from our defense until Kia and Vahid could come up the field to their proper position, and that is not what Daei is good at. In fact, it is something that Daei is terrible at these days.

Kayvon

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2004
Washington, DC
Listen to what Hejazi says. I agree with him 100% and that "They would have lost if the field was better" was taken out of context. He is one of the greats and he knows much more about soccer than branko.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
I agree with Naser khan, he's got a point all across the board. please let's not take his comment about the field out of context; he's emphasizing that Bahrain had a better ball control and passing.

Unless Branco & TM identify and accept our shortcomings, we are bound to make the same mistakes. remeniscent of Jordan game, Qatar game, ..... the list goes on. At some point we have to learn our lesson, and the first step is admitting our mistakes. ohhh god, I can't beleive I have to type all this! I don't know, but Bronco's comments after the game were not very comforting to me.:confused:

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Branko will change Iran's formation in Tehran against Japan. If not, we will lose against Japan and all hopes for Worl Cup will be over. We need at least two strikers up front. Hejazi is right that Bahrain will give us hard time in Tehran. Bahrain will come to Tehran to get one point and repeat their good game in Manama.

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
I'm usually against his comments, but this time.. well i'm still the same..

if hejazi was any good as a coach.. he woulda had some decent achievements himself instead of criticizing whoever happens to be the NT coach at the time! (don't get me wrong.. i'm not taking anything away from him as a player.. but come on do you really think he could do a betta job as the national team coach?! )

wvupersian

Bench Warmer
Feb 10, 2005
West Virginia
www.wvu.edu
abouzar said:
I'm usually against his comments, but this time.. well i'm still the same..

if hejazi was any good as a coach.. he woulda had some decent achievements himself instead of criticizing whoever happens to be the NT coach at the time! (don't get me wrong.. i'm not taking anything away from him as a player.. but come on do you really think he could do a betta job as the national team coach?! )
ABouzar,
he never had a chance, or better to say, they never gave him a chance as national head coach! for god S.. SHahrokhi had a chance to be coach but not hejazi!
and what part of his comments you don't agree on? that we should play Vs. any team with same formation? we should never sub. ali daei? or if the field was good, we could have lost the game?
Ans Yes, I do believe he will do much better than Bronko!

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
IPride said:
- Because Bahrain was the team keeping the ball on the ground, not us!
Expect a tougher game in tehran!

- Why does Branko insist on using the same formation against all teams? Do all teams play with the same style?

- Why not go with the 4-4-2 formation, With Hashemian and Daei upfront? and Enayati or Borhani coming in for Daei if necessary!

- Why are Figo and Zidane subbed so easily while it's a big No no to sub Daei out?

Naser Khan has good points.
possible answers:

1- because branko doesn't know or simply doesn't care.
2- refer to question one.
3- because real madrid is all about winning and IRI is all about bullshit.

he definitely has some points here.

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
i don't agree with putting team melli down again a bunch of arabs! and no i don't agree that on a decent pitch it woulda been easier for bahrain!! you'll find that the eurosport commentators didn't agree either

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Who would do worse than Branco?! I can't think of anyone who would have put on a more pathetic display of scoccer than the one I saw last week.

Kayvon

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2004
Washington, DC
If Hejazi was our coach..we would kick his...he is a no nonsense coach and would not put up with shit from Daei or the Federation and would always go to win..He needs a chance as the national team coach