Naser Hejazi's commemorator

Mehdi-D

Ball Boy
Feb 18, 2004
I was lucky enough to get the chance to attend the legend's commemorator this past Saturday June 4th at the Khaneh Honar va Farhange Iran in LA. The house was full and the atmosphere was great just like Hejazi himself. First, I met Mr. Zahab who along with Mohammad Bayati arranged the event. Hejazi's uncle, Parviz Koozekanani, Mostafa Arab, Karo Haghverdian, Hossein Dastgaah (Hejazi's teacher who turned Naser from a basketball player into a football player), Hossein Hesari, Ardalan Mofid, Hooshmand Aghili and Morteza were among those who were present and contributed by gaving speech. In between, some nice clips from Hejazi's life were shown on the screen. Zahab did a great job as the host. Just wanted to share with you guys. We will miss him forever........

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Where is Khaneh honar in LA? It looks like this was poorly advertised as I didn't even hear about it.

Mehdi-D

Ball Boy
Feb 18, 2004
Where is Khaneh honar in LA? It looks like this was poorly advertised as I didn't even hear about it.
That's right, Zob Ahan jan. I heard it on 670 AM radio on the same day and eventhough I had other plans I thought that I shouldn't miss this one. I should've posted here but I thought it was too late. Sorry that you missed it. Khaneh Farhang is located near Canoga Park at 20215 Saticoy st., Los Angeles, (405 north, 101 north, Exit #25).

Best,

Mehdi

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
That's right, Zob Ahan jan. I heard it on 670 AM radio on the same day and eventhough I had other plans I thought that I shouldn't miss this one. I should've posted here but I thought it was too late. Sorry that you missed it. Khaneh Farhang is located near Canoga Park at 20215 Saticoy st., Los Angeles, (405 north, 101 north, Exit #25).

Best,

Mehdi

Thanks Mehdi jan.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
oh thanx a lot for ur report Mahdi jan. I heard about Hejazi's commemorator in LA when Mr.Zahab shared it on fb. glad so many ppl showed up. :)

aw didnt know this was not advertised properly in LA community or else I would share the date/announcement here . I read it when Mr.Zahab announced it on fb. I shared it as well on fb. All events are properly advertised/shared on fb, join Facebook Zob Ahan jan!:)

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
The video of Hejazi's commemorator ceremony in LA..che yadboode ghashangi boode..

[video=youtube;b6z3H4xh9is]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6z3H4xh9is&feature=player_embedded#at=32[/video]

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Interestingly Mr. Hossein Dastgah who put Nasser in goal for the first time was also the one who gave him his first cigarrette !

Mr Bayati who is clearly upset with the passing of the Eagle put his own personal interests ahead of team melli and sent Hejazi to the stands after he refused to sign a petition against Khosravani and told other Taj players not to sign either . Nasser was a pahlavan back in those days too.