NCAA tourney who do you have in your final four?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Of course I am biased but they are healthy and I have the same championship game as Obama, which is Michigan St, with a healthy Harris, Payne, Dawson, Appling and Valentine to win it all over L'Ville. My other final fours are #1 seeds Florida and Arizona. I also have some upsets like Dayton over Ohio State and Harvard over Cincinnati. Two #4's and two #1's. This year the #4's collectively are better than the #2's.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
What's funny is UVA is a #1 seed and Michigan State is a #4 but the wise guys seem to also have faith in my Spartans and they are 3:2 odds to go to the final four but Virginia is 4:1 and to win the national championship, they have the 2nd best odds at 10:3 and Florida is at 5:1 I believe. I don't know the odd but L'Ville, another #4 has higher odds than a 1. The analysts were right before the tourney started they said the #4's collectively are better than the #2's. This is for those of you who like to gamble big bucks. I just gamble on the tournament and every now and then I might throw $100 on a good Michigan State football game, nothing crazy.

Oh and a lot of people are saying that Michigan might have problems against Tennessee and I can see why because Michigan plays great against the non physical teams but when MSU was healthy, they smashed Michigan and killed them inside the paint. Tennessee has a similar style they like to beat you with defense, rebounding and they like to beat you up points in the paint. If Michigan's 3 ball doesn't fall then they are in trouble. The Volunteers are playing great basketball right now.

Then you have the classic rivalry game Calapari's Kentucky vs Rick Pitino and L'Ville. Now a lot of people, including me, might not like Pitino because Rick Pitino only cares about Rick Pitino. However, Calapari is a slimeball and people hate him more. They way he just left poor Memphis with the bag sucked. Also, the difference between Pitino and Calapari is Calapari is a $3 coach with $10,000,000 talent. Pitino took UMASS of all schools, to the final four.

Oh and I hope Izzo says no to the Detroit Pistons but they are going to offer him some big money. For a guy who is real and human like Tom Izzo, who is about building relationships, still close to players 25 years ago. I think Izzo is going to stay at Michigan State. He can stay and retire at Michigan State and win a few more national championships before it's all said and done but he could be canned in two or three years if he leaves to the NBA. He an use the Pistons to leverage a bigger contract and every few years either the Pistons or the Cavs approach him and he turns them down. Izzo's style is more meant for college as great as he is. I'm not saying he can't be a successful NBA coach, with the right team but the Pistons are terrible.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^I have Florida in my bracket but looking at it, I would not be surprised if UCLA makes it to the FF. Jordan Adams, Kyle Anderson and Norman Powell score on average a respectable 17,14 and 11 PPG. Then you have guys like LaVine and Alford who average 9.6 and 8.1. When you have the combination of decent coaching(Stave Alford is a decent coach), balanced offense and talent, you have a chance to make a deep run.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
No excus s msu had 16 turnovers bit why does a number sevev seed have practically a home court advantage over a number four and why was msu a four seed when they were ranked eleventh and beat two good teams Michigan and Wisconsin inthe btt. Oh well uconn won and we list simple as that.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
it was expected florida will win it all.with this final 4 it's just a formality now.
Ya I don't see Kentucky wining this one they lost three to Florida already and Florida has the senior leadership. I think Kentucky will keep it close but Florida has a stacked group one through five. They might not have 7 McDonald all Americans like Kentucky but you don't need that in order to succeed.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Wow what a great back and forth defensive battle we have between the Huskies and the Gators. In the first ten minutes, the Gators dominated. The next twenty minutes were answered by the Huskies hard and now with under ten minutes, the Gators made a nice comeback cutting into UCON's lad 41-35. Who will close this game out? I think Florida.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
To quote Cleveland from Family Guy, " oh oh oh!!! .....and boom goes the dynamite!" Florida, much like Michigan State, didn't take it to the hole and dominate so UCONN wins at the end comfortably now they must wait to either play Kentucky or Wisconsin in the finals.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Nice win by uconn and kentucky no texas didn't win ho.e.coirt but you cang tell me nyc was a neutral game for them it is lile a two hr drive but you still need to win so kudos to them. Calapari is what is wrong with ncaa bball so ill be pulling for them. At least then I can say we lost to the champions.

Oct 18, 2010
florida got beat inside the paint by the cons which was a bust.the final is going
to be a fight.i make no more predictions for good reasons but may the best team
win.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
What do I know about predictions I thought Michigan State was going to play Louisville in the title game so I am done with picking a team honestly flip a coin UCONN or Kentucky it's going to be a tight game.