Need Help Plz : Expired Iranian Passport!

lakerfan90

Football Fan
Mar 19, 2017
Hello ISPers,

My mother in law is going to Iran in less than two weeks and just realized that her Iranian passport is expired. Is she allowed to enter the country?
What can she do? Please help.

Feb 4, 2005
Yes she can enter Iran with an dxpired passport (at least up until almost a year ago). you should che k if she can enter another airport (if for example leaving US to Frankfurt to Tehran).

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Hello ISPers,

My mother in law is going to Iran in less than two weeks and just realized that her Iranian passport is expired. Is she allowed to enter the country?
What can she do? Please help.
I went with an expired passport reading the expiration date incorrectly (month/day vs day/month). I didn't know it was expired and didn't even find out until the day I was coming back. They didn't let me leave Iran. It took me a week to get it and fly back. In Tehran it would probably take 48 hours. If you want to get rid of her tell her she can even return with an expired passport:yohoo:.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
you can enter iran with an expired passport as indicated by other members.

but the airline that is flying you there might be a massive pain and might not accept that explanation.

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
Are you serious man , didn't you say your mother in law ? One isn't supposed to help troublemakers , you are to help them into it !

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
Hello ISPers,

My mother in law is going to Iran in less than two weeks ...Please help.
My friend, you must be a newlywed or a super nice guy. I am sure many of us would tell our mother-in-law: Don't worry, I called the embassy this morning and talked with Haji for 45 minutes, he assured me there will be no issues. And then hope that she is prevented to leave Iran for many months or Trump introduces another executive order to exclusively prevent in-laws entry into USA. :exercise: