Nelo Vingada set to be announced Iran U23 coach!

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
After success with Queiroz, looks like the federation will be giving the task of now qualifying our U23 side to the Olympics to a Portuguese. Vingada will reportedly receive a 3 year deal and prepare the team in coming major competitions. the 2014 Asian Games, and then the qualification process to the 2016 Olympics.

Finally, i am a firm believer that our youth teams should all have foreign coaches (if the job can be given to competent coaches). I liked Vingada when he was in Persepolis, they didn't give the poor guy enough time in the club before firing him.

نلو وینگادا در آستانه سرمربیگری تیم ملی فوتبال المپیک (امید) قرار گرفت.

نلو وینگادا سرمربی اسبق تیم فوتبال پرسپولیس جدی***ترین گزینه فدراسیون فوتبال برای هدایت تیم ملی فوتبال المپیک (امید) است و پس از مذاکرات موفقیت***آمیزی که با مدیران فدراسیون داشته در آستانه عقد قرارداد با آنها قرار دارد.
گفته می***شود توافق این مربی پرتغالی با مسوولان فدراسیون برای عقد قراردادی 3 ساله است که این قرارداد پس از بازگشت علی کفاشیان رییس فدراسیون از سفر کربلا نهایی می***شود.
سابقه مربیگری نلو وینگادا
او اواسط خرداد پیش از سه مسابقه پایانی تیم ملی در انتخابی جام جهانی مقابل قطر، لبنان و کره***جنوبی به کمک کارلوس کی***روش آمد و به عنوان مشاور در کنار او کار کرد. همان زمان زمزمه***های تداوم حضور او در تیم ملی مطرح شد که وینگادا صراحتا آن را تکذیب کرد.
وینگادا در سال 1996 سرمربی تیم امید پرتغال در المپیک آتلانتا بود و با تیم کشورش به مقام چهارمی رسید. اولین خاطره ایرانی***ها با وینگادا به جام ملت***های آسیا سال 96 برمی***گردد، زمانی که این مربی هدایت تیم ملی عربستان را برعهده داشت و در آن مسابقات دو مرتبه مقابل تیم ایران قرار گرفت.
او در فوتبال پرتغال سابقه سرمربیگری تیم ملی کشورش و همینطور تیم***های بلننسه و ماریتیتو را داشته است. در آفریقا مدتی هدایت تیم***های الزمالک و الاهلی و همینطور المپیک مصر را برعهده داشت. المپیک اردن، اف***سی سئول کره***جنوبی و دالیان چین از دیگر تیم***هایی هستند که وینگادا سرمربی آنها بوده است. چین آخرین محل مربیگری دوست و هموطن کارلوس کی***روش بود.
فدراسیون البته مربیان خارجی دیگری را هم مدنظر داشت و گفته*** می***شد فلمینگ دانمارکی سرمربی اسبق تیم ملی زیر 21 سال دانمارک که مدتی مدیر تیم***های پایه مس کرمان هم بود جزو گزینه***ها قرار داشته است اما آنچه مسلم است فدراسیون اکنون هیچ نظری روی این مربی ندارد.
تیم امید در حال حاضر از بازیکنانی تشکیل خواهد شد که سال گذشته در تیم ملی جوانان عضویت داشتند که در مسابقات قهرمانی آسیا با وجود شایستگی***هایشان نتوانستند از مرحله گروهی صعود کنند.
قرار است اولین تورنمنت رسمی تیم امید که در این مقطع زمانی تشکیل می***شود، بازی***های آسیایی اینچئون کره***جنوبی باشد تا این رقابت***ها به عنوان مقدمه***ای در راه آماده***سازی این تیم برای بازی***های مقدماتی المپیک 2016 ریودوژانیرو قرار گیرد.

2011-634461874394547716-454.jpg

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I'm really confused. Don't we have the Asian cup coming up in 3 weeks for the U-23 team?! How long is Kafashian in Karbala and is Vingada taking over after that tournament? Why does the article say Incheon Korea (Asian games) is the next competition? And what's going to happen to Mansourian. Is he staying on as assistant or getting fired?!

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I'm really confused. Don't we have the Asian cup coming up in 3 weeks for the U-23 team?! How long is Kafashian in Karbala and is Vingada taking over after that tournament? Why does the article say Incheon Korea (Asian games) is the next competition? And what's going to happen to Mansourian. Is he staying on as assistant or getting fired?!
You are confusing TM U-22 with TM U-23. Mansooriyan is the coach of TM U-22 which will play in Asian Cup U-22 in Oman. TM U-22 will be in final training camp starting this Thursday and will play 2 friendlies against S.Korea U-22 in Kish this Sunday and next Friday before leaving for Oman.

TM U-23 is the Olympics team that will take part in Asian Games as well as Olympics Qualifications.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
You are confusing TM U-22 with TM U-23. Mansooriyan is the coach of TM U-22 which will play in Asian Cup U-22 in Oman. TM U-22 will be in final training camp starting this Thursday and will play 2 friendlies against S.Korea U-22 in Kish this Sunday and next Friday before leaving for Oman.

TM U-23 is the Olympics team that will take part in Asian Games as well as Olympics Qualifications.
But I thought all the countries are bringing their U-23 teams to the Oman tournament since player eligibility requirements have not changed since the qualification stage (i.e. anyone born in 1991 or later is eligible). I thought the whole reason the AFC's doing U-22 rather than U-23 is that the same players can participate in the next tournament held a year after so that there's some continuity in the teams. For example, you do the U-22 qualification in 2013 and same players can play U-22 Asian Cup and Asian games in 2014. And the same team that plays in the U-22 Asian Cup in 2015/2016 (qualification/final tournament) can then play in the 2016 Olympics.