New security control in Imam Khomeini Airport

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
گزارش تصویری/ افتتاح و راه اندازی سیستم الکترونیک کنترل گذرنامه های سیاسی و خدمت

مراسم افتتاح و راه اندازی سیستم الکترونیک کنترل گذرنامه های سیاسی و خدمت صبح امروز با حضور عباس محتاج، معاون امنیتی و انتظامی وزارت کشور در فرودگاه امام خمینی (ره) برگزار شد.

عکس/ مجید حق بین

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
I have not been to this airport yet but every one of my friends who has been there complained about restrooms. They say it is an embarrassment for an international airport.

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
I have not been to this airport yet but every one of my friends who has been there complained about restrooms. They say it is an embarrassment for an international airport.
This airport is as pathetic as it can get. Firstly, there are only about five booths that do the check-ins. Two flights landed shortly apart from each other is enough to create a mess there let alone several. Secondly, if you are lucky, and if you beg to the taxi service people in charge, you might be able to get a cab home. The restrooms as you pointed out are nothing but shame and embarrassment. They look like anything but an airport restroom. I think the bathrooms you find on your way to Ghom if you are driving are cleaner and more decent than the ones at the airport. One thing for sure though; they sure match the with the Indian the airport was name after in every aspect.
And lastly, Sepahi shepeshoos you can find in every corner. They are I am assuming in charge of the airport.

Jun 7, 2004
This airport is as pathetic as it can get. Firstly, there are only about five booths that do the check-ins. Two flights landed shortly apart from each other is enough to create a mess there let alone several. Secondly, if you are lucky, and if you beg to the taxi service people in charge, you might be able to get a cab home. The restrooms as you pointed out are nothing but shame and embarrassment. They look like anything but an airport restroom. I think the bathrooms you find on your way to Ghom if you are driving are cleaner and more decent than the ones at the airport. One thing for sure though; they sure match the with the Indian the airport was name after in every aspect.
And lastly, Sepahi shepeshoos you can find in every corner. They are I am assuming in charge of the airport.
Yes, it is a horribly ran airport. It is simple, it is because Sepah Obash took over the management of this airport illegally and by force. And they are obash incompetent people.

I suspect it is so that they can continue to have a monopoly on their ghachagh, drug, and arms traffic.

Sepah is the number 1 enemy of every Iranian who is not jireh khor.

By the way you can just see the honesty, love, and care in that Abbass Mohtaj's face! He has so little 'oghde, hate, and anger in him!

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
CHIII MIIGGGII .... kheyli bahale lol i heard its takes years to go from imam khomeini to tehran is it not based in tehran ?

raminio05

National Team Player
Here is a little story based on my personal experience.

I landed in Emam Khomeini the last time i went to Iran.
It was the middle of winter, so it was freeeeeezing. Remember, this past winter was the coldest one in Iran for the past 50 years.

Our plane landed, and to my surprise, instead of taxiing to a terminal, it stopped. The doors were opened, and the stairs were brought up to the doors. I dont know, maybe its just me, but and airport that has been 30 years in the making probably should have invested in more terminals.

Anyways. Now here I am, with my grandma and my sister, outside in the freezing cold, trying to push my way into a crowded bus. Well, we was not able to get into that bus, but i was not worried, because i assumed that another bus would be coming some time soon. Five minutes passed, nothing. Ten minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes.......still nothing. About half an hour later, after standing in the freezing cold, with my poor elderly grandma and my sister (who didnt have a jacket with her), the bus finally arrived. And guess what? It was the same goddam bus, with the same goddam driver. These beeorzeh bastards didn't even have another bus come pick us up. The bus literally went and dropped off the first bach of passengers, and then came back to pick us up.

That my friends, is what i call a shitty airport.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Top that with the fact that the closest hotel to the airport is at least an hour away, so with all the flight cancellations, specially those cancelled at midnight and past, travellers who don't have anyone in Tehran have to basically spend the night at the airport, since there are no taxis nor any hotels nearby. Talking about master planning.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
The sad thing is this airports opening was delayed for a year because the same group that runs Ataturk international airport in Istanbul was going to manage IKIA.
Unfortunately Sepah and the government got in a big fight and the Turks were kicked out.

Jul 28, 2007

It was the middle of winter, so it was freeeeeezing. Remember, this past winter was the coldest one in Iran for the past 50 years.

Our plane landed, and to my surprise, instead of taxiing to a terminal, it stopped. The doors were opened, and the stairs were brought up to the doors. I dont know, maybe its just me, but and airport that has been 30 years in the making probably should have invested in more terminals.

Anyways. Now here I am, with my grandma and my sister, outside in the freezing cold, trying to push my way into a crowded bus. Well, we was not able to get into that bus, but i was not worried, because i assumed that another bus would be coming some time soon. Five minutes passed, nothing. Ten minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes.......still nothing. About half an hour later, after standing in the freezing cold, with my poor elderly grandma and my sister (who didnt have a jacket with her), the bus finally arrived......
Ramin jan this is really sad. vaghean shame on the regime and their frigging mismanagements from top to bottom.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
LOOOOOOOOOL! Are you for real?? hahahahahahaaa!!!!

Top that with the fact that the closest hotel to the airport is at least an hour away, so with all the flight cancellations, specially those cancelled at midnight and past, travellers who don't have anyone in Tehran have to basically spend the night at the airport, since there are no taxis nor any hotels nearby. Talking about master planning.
it doesn't have anything really. it just opened a segafredo café. My cousin and my shohar ameh had to spend 48 hours in the airport when the flights were delayed and had to pay for a piece of cardboard to sleep on.

Anyways. Now here I am, with my grandma and my sister, outside in the freezing cold, trying to push my way into a crowded bus. Well, we was not able to get into that bus, but i was not worried, because i assumed that another bus would be coming some time soon. Five minutes passed, nothing. Ten minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes.......still nothing. About half an hour later, after standing in the freezing cold, with my poor elderly grandma and my sister (who didnt have a jacket with her), the bus finally arrived. And guess what? It was the same goddam bus, with the same goddam driver. These beeorzeh bastards didn't even have another bus come pick us up. The bus literally went and dropped off the first bach of passengers, and then came back to pick us up.

That my friends, is what i call a shitty airport.
sad to hear that....but from similar experiences not surprising.

but hey...they have scanners now :D

Mr Thick

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
LOL i travel around every 2 weeks in that airport and yes the restrooms are a shame for a quite new international airport- The tiles are cracked everywhere the materials are dirt cheap even for Iranian quality, on the whole its just shows how unprofessional we (i must say Sepah) are in management.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
it doesn't have anything really. it just opened a segafredo café. My cousin and my shohar ameh had to spend 48 hours in the airport when the flights were delayed and had to pay for a piece of cardboard to sleep on.

Was the guy, who was selling the cardboard, had a cellphone talking to someone down on the tarmac with a knife trying to puncture all the airplanes? :-D

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
Did the Arabs change the name of our airport too?! I thought it was "Emam" Khomeini airport.
Haji let go your oghdeh it not good for your health. My title is in English and in English Emam is written with I as Imam. Actually Arabs write it with E.

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
isn't that supposed to be on relaxing and joking forum ? why here ? .anyway i like that double picture of emam ( rah ) and emam (bera rah ) .

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
Haji let go your oghdeh it not good for your health. My title is in English and in English Emam is written with I as Imam. Actually Arabs write it with E.
Once you said that you ignore the post with personal insult and pay attention to posts that discuss issues. Here you ignored all the posts about issues at the airport and choose a post that you could use to unleash personal insult. Why is that?

Mr Thick

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Chon khodesh agha javeed ye darya oghde dare,taksirani too kuwait ham een dardaro dare, garmazadeh meeshe adam ye jooraee hatman.

Feb 22, 2005
This is the Islamic republic. This is the country for the Akhoonds, basijis, sepah and their family and friends. Why should they care about putting more buses out for people who are flying in from Europe (their own kind will not be going there). The money can go to good usage in Iraq, lebanon, etc.. Those guys in those country are the follower of their Islamic vision. So, they get to share the pie. They are more of a citizen of the Islamic republic than Iranians. The rest of Iranians are considered refuge in the Islamic republic. A nuissance that must be controlled through force at any cost.

Iranians in Iran get it. And in order to take Iran back, it takes sacrifice. But that is for others to do. They had a chance when Iranian students for 6 days shook the government. But they locked the doors so their kids wont go and particiapate. They themselves sat home and watched. You get what you pay for.

raminio05

National Team Player
Another airport horror story.

The same trip to Iran in which I had the incident at Emam Khomeini, my cousin had trouble with the iranian air transportation also.

He came back in Tabriz to visit his family and relax a bit, and then he was going to go to Tehran to take his final exams. Well, the night that he was going to take off, he called the tabriz airport 3 hours in advance to make sure that everthing was ok, and they said it was. But when he got to the airport, they told him that all flights were cancelled because of the cold.

You should have seen the scene. It was mayhem. hundreds of people lined up, trying to get information from anyone that looked like an airport employee.

The thing that makes it sad is that on my connection flight from Frankfurt to Iran, they had problems with the cold also, but they were able to solve them by spraying some solution on the plane to melt the ice and stop new ice from forming. It took maybe 15 minutes. But in Iran, when it gets too cold, flights are cancelled.

In the end, my poor cousin had to take a bus (it was around 1 in the morning now) all the way to Tehran. He got to the bus terminal in tehran about 20 mins before his first exam started, and had to rush to make his exams. Luckily, he got there just in time and was able to take his exams.