NFL Quarterback murdered by Iranian girlfriend

Exoma

Ball Boy
Jul 15, 2005
(CNN) -- The killing of former NFL quarterback Steve McNair has been classified as a murder-suicide carried out by his girlfriend, Nashville police Chief Ronal Serpas said Wednesday.

Steve McNair, 36, spent 13 seasons in the NFL, the majority with the Tennessee Titans.
1 of 2

"The totality of the evidence clearly points to a murder-suicide," Serpas told reporters at an afternoon news conference in Nashville, Tennessee.

McNair, 36, and Sahel Kazemi, 20, were found fatally shot in a condominium in downtown Nashville on Saturday afternoon. McNair was shot twice in the head and twice in the chest; Kazemi was shot once in her right temple, authorities said.

The police chief said McNair was probably asleep when he was first shot through his temple, then Kazemi shot him three more times. He said it is believed that Kazemi got next to McNair on the couch, then shot herself.

He said Kazemi had told at least one colleague that she planned "to end it all" and that her life was spiraling out of control. Serpas said Kazemi believed McNair was also involved with another woman. He said she was concerned "whether or not her relationship was unraveling with Mr. McNair."

"There was evidence that she was spinning out of control," Serpas said.

He added that there was no evidence found at the condo indicating anyone else was there at the time of the deaths. Serpas said he had spoken with McNair's wife Wednesday to update her on the investigation.

Dr. Feng Li, the assistant medical examiner who has been handling the case, told CNN earlier Wednesday that all evidence was "indicating that she killed Mr. McNair and killed herself."

Don't Miss
Former NFL QB Steve McNair found shot to death
Police: McNair's girlfriend bought gun
"It's almost an assured thing. We have to be convinced otherwise," Li said.

The coroner said he will not finalize the "manner of death" on Kazemi's death certificate until he has final lab test results, which are a few days away.

"I have to have everything together, and then I make the opinion," he said. "We want to be as thorough and as detailed as possible."

Li said Kazemi was found face-down in the condo with the gun underneath her. The autopsy indicates she shot herself once through her right temple. "She was found on the feet of Mr. McNair, who sat on the sofa," he said. A medium-caliber semiautomatic handgun was used.

"It's very hard for everybody involved," Li said. "Our thoughts and prayers go to the families."

Earlier in the week, police said that on Thursday evening, Kazemi purchased the pistol found at the scene. Hours before the purchase, Kazemi was pulled over in a traffic stop and charged with driving under the influence. She was accompanied by McNair in a Cadillac Escalade he had purchased for her.

McNair was allowed to leave the scene in a taxi after Kazemi was given a field sobriety test.

McNair, a married father of four, and Kazemi were dating, police said. Police found their bodies in the condo -- leased to McNair and his friend Wayne Neeley -- about 1:30 p.m. Saturday.

The two had been dead for hours before Neeley, who had to use a key to enter the building, discovered the clothed bodies Saturday afternoon, according to police. Neeley then called his friend Robert Gaddy, who arrived at the condo and called police.

McNair spent 13 seasons in the NFL, mostly with the Tennessee Titans, where he excelled on the field as quarterback. He was named the NFL's co-MVP in 2003 and spent his last two seasons with the Baltimore Ravens before announcing his retirement in April 2008. Read more about McNair's NFL history »

The Titans reached the Super Bowl in 2000, losing to the St. Louis Rams. McNair led the Titans in a dramatic comeback that day, with a final tying touchdown coming up a yard short.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/08/mcnair.shooting/index.html

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
He probably deserved it...
I mean if he had criminal record and prior arrests I might agree with you which was the case with Taylor. But this guy had a clean record and was more concerned about getting a$$ than anything else. If you get killed over pu$$y then according to your logic you would deserve it too.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
How old are you? 15?
I wish I was old as you and smart as you because your obviously the Einstein of ISP as you pointed out in nearly every post you went to a top tier law school and graduated in top of your class . I mean you must of said this so many times that no one can forget how smart you are. lol :2:

To answer your pointless question I am old as you want me to be which seems to be 15 .

Last edited:

pesech

Ball Boy
May 16, 2009
this will show the black community who is boss ;)
naa just joking,
RIP.

anyhow thats bad though, see what happens when you cheat,

yad-begir as my mom always says lol

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I wish I was old as you and smart as you because your obviously the Einstein of ISP as you pointed out in nearly every post you went to a top tier law school and graduated in top of your class . I mean you must of said this so many times that no one can forget how smart you are. lol :2:

To answer your pointless question I am old as you want me to be which seems to be 15 .
LOL!!!! :boxing:

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA

I truly thought you were around 15... Either way, I could mop floors at a strip club and still be one up on you... :eek:

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
I mean if he had criminal record and prior arrests I might agree with you which was the case with Taylor. But this guy had a clean record and was more concerned about getting a$$ than anything else. If you get killed over pu$$y then according to your logic you would deserve it too.
I don't post much but I gotta say it's bullshit that you come here and tie this into Sean Taylor and his death where he was killed by people breaking into his house. His death had absolutely nothing to do with his past where as McNair's death had everything to do with his actions. Yeah McNair did great things for the community, X, Y, Z but when you have tons of money like that anyone can do those great things. I'm not saying Taylor was clean or anything like that but it’s irritating for you to try to turn this around like that. I agree with ADC, since his actions directly had something to do with the reason he got killed then he brought it on himself.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
I don't post much but I gotta say it's bullshit that you come here and tie this into Sean Taylor and his death where he was killed by people breaking into his house. His death had absolutely nothing to do with his past where as McNair's death had everything to do with his actions. Yeah McNair did great things for the community, X, Y, Z but when you have tons of money like that anyone can do those great things. I'm not saying Taylor was clean or anything like that but it’s irritating for you to try to turn this around like that. I agree with ADC, since his actions directly had something to do with the reason he got killed then he brought it on himself.
Exactly. The guy was 36, married, with tons of money and he toyed with a naive, financially troubled, unstable 20 year old kid. Im sure he told her things like he would take care of her. I still have some questions like why was their gun powder residue on only her LEFT hand yet she was shot in the RIGHT temple. But either way, my point is that McNair's actions, even though clearly not deserving his fate, had a direct link with his demise.

Also, calling a girl a piece of ass or just some pussy is pretty damn immature...