NHL 2013-2014 Season

May 1, 2012
There are still two games left. The final seeds haven't been determined yet. :\
I forgot to add if the PO started today.

I think Detroit can take Boston.
With bishop out, we have no excuse not beating Tampa.
Rags are gonna take Philly, Mason vs King Henrik (No brainer)
and Marc-Andre Fleury will definitely choke again a la maple leafs vs any team he faces. No Vokun to back him up.

They`re gonna either trade or buy out his contract after this year.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
I forgot to add if the PO started today.

I think Detroit can take Boston.
With bishop out, we have no excuse not beating Tampa.
Rags are gonna take Philly, Mason vs King Henrik (No brainer)
and Marc-Andre Fleury will definitely choke again a la maple leafs vs any team he faces. No Vokun to back him up.

They`re gonna either trade or buy out his contract after this year.
Personally, I would rather the Wings take out the Pens and then the winner of Phi-NY. In affect, avoiding the Habs until the conference final. You guys look dangerous this year. I would rather play you with Datsyuk and Zetterberg back and healthy.

Nov 24, 2002
Personally, I would rather the Wings take out the Pens and then the winner of Phi-NY. In affect, avoiding the Habs until the conference final. You guys look dangerous this year. I would rather play you with Datsyuk and Zetterberg back and healthy.
we usually play well against teams with not aggressive forecheck systems ( two players).that doesn't let our a bit slow and old D to move the puck from our own zone . team like Hawks, Wings match well our style but teams like Tampa, CBJ,Phily give us hard time . any team when they tight it up against us give us hard time and Bolt is no exception . they have a smart coach on Cooper and even they miss Bishop , most likely Hedman and Malone (involved with cocaine )they won't be an easy team to play against . they proved it during season with injury to Stamkos and many of their young boys like Palat.Johnson, Panik, Filppula stepped up when it was matter ..

Nov 24, 2002
What a game Habs-Bolts .we outshouted them almost 50 to 25 !thanks god we won it , we were wayyy better team . ,Price was bad during 3 periods but pretty decent performance in OT , Weaver had off game too but thanks god most of our boys including Pleks,Gio,Briere stepped up ...
GO HABS GO

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
The NHL has a good news and a bad news situation with the playoff system. The good news is four Stanley Cup contending teams will face off but two will be eliminated. I think the Kings should beat SJ and Chicago should beat St Louis only because St Louis usually does well in the regular season and they do jack in the playoffs. It doesn't matter if you win regular season games and you can't capitalize in the playoffs. As for the Kings, I'm biased being from LA but I think they have enough to beat the Sharks. The good news is it's a great way to start the NHL Playoffs I'm excited. I don't know what my Wings are going to do though.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Guys are we doing playoff predictions this year, because last year everyone kind of quit after the first round ?
I just picked two games but I'm down with that. I"ll pick in the later rounds as well. @Houshmand I agree, although I grew up with American football but I love football as well, especially when Iran plays well.

Nov 24, 2002
Great victory in serie by Habs vs Tampa . it was obvious Tampa wasn't same without their no1 goalie and such a young team they lacked experience and some guys like Calahan , filppula didn't show up ...
It is nice to see finally we have depth after so many years in attack and in defence . all of 4 lines played great, defence was decent and goalie didn't need to steal a game to win this serie. Next round will be tougher, either Bruins or Wings ( i rather wings) , hope the sweet story of habs continue ..

May 1, 2012
Solid series by the Canadiens. Price was excellent in all games except in game 1, where he still played a great OT.

He didn't steal a game, but he sure was a difference maker. Made huge saves at the right time. A true gold medalist.

Eller and Bourque were our MVP's. Same with Subban and Pleks. Everyone played good. We got by Tampa easily without our top line doing much, and Markov and PP's being less dangerous than expected.

Vanek has turned this team into a contender there's no doubt about it. We have an excellent goalie, a solid D, and 4 great lines that can score.

Most of tampa's goals were fluke, except those scored in game 1 which were in majority our own fault. Maybe not in 4 games, but even with Bishop in goal, we would've beat em for sure.

I don't care who we face next round. Would be better if it's Detroit, but if we play the same way as we did in round 1, we can beat Boston as well.

I'm hoping Chicago comes on top of West, as they are the only team that we can possibly beat in West.

GO HABS GO!!!

May 1, 2012
Marc Andre Fleury is costing the Pens another series. He gave CBJ the win tonight.

Poor Crosby. He should've at least 2 more cups if it wasn't for ''flower''.

Iran#1

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Montreal
Solid series by the Canadiens. Price was excellent in all games except in game 1, where he still played a great OT.

He didn't steal a game, but he sure was a difference maker. Made huge saves at the right time. A true gold medalist.

Eller and Bourque were our MVP's. Same with Subban and Pleks. Everyone played good. We got by Tampa easily without our top line doing much, and Markov and PP's being less dangerous than expected.

Vanek has turned this team into a contender there's no doubt about it. We have an excellent goalie, a solid D, and 4 great lines that can score.

Most of tampa's goals were fluke, except those scored in game 1 which were in majority our own fault. Maybe not in 4 games, but even with Bishop in goal, we would've beat em for sure.

I don't care who we face next round. Would be better if it's Detroit, but if we play the same way as we did in round 1, we can beat Boston as well.

I'm hoping Chicago comes on top of West, as they are the only team that we can possibly beat in West.

GO HABS GO!!!
I personally think we got lucky not to face Bishop otherwise god know what the outcome would be. I prefer to face Bruins. We always play well against them. Hope Detroit takes them to game 7. Price is doing what he has to do. As it was expected he is one the best Elite goalies in the league. Thanks to BOB
GO HABS GO

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well things are not looking good for Detroit but I think my Wings will still make Boston work for it. We are not your typical 8 seed but injuries killed us this year. I like our future though and Datsuk(spelling) the 19 yo Russian phoenom is going to be a star he already is making in impact for us. I look forward to a good NHL playoffs.

May 1, 2012
Well things are not looking good for Detroit but I think my Wings will still make Boston work for it. We are not your typical 8 seed but injuries killed us this year. I like our future though and Datsuk(spelling) the 19 yo Russian phoenom is going to be a star he already is making in impact for us. I look forward to a good NHL playoffs.
Datsyuk 19 years old Russian phenom?