NHL trash talks 08-09

Mar 24, 2005
Cleveland
Hockey hasnt been the same since the instigator rule + new rules post strike.
It will keep losing fan base (in USA) if it continues this route.

Bettmen has royally screwd the NHL with expansion teams like Nashville, Columbus and Panthers, not to mention the rule changes as stated above.

Miss the early 90's teams (wings, leafs, black hawks)

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
Hockey hasnt been the same since the instigator rule + new rules post strike.
It will keep losing fan base (in USA) if it continues this route.

Bettmen has royally screwd the NHL with expansion teams like Nashville, Columbus and Panthers, not to mention the rule changes as stated above.

Miss the early 90's teams (wings, leafs, black hawks)
agreed, also to add on, the economy sucks right now and parents cant afford to buy $500+ worth of equipment and pay $200-300 to register their kids in leagues.

soccer + basketball is on the rise for the youth because they dont require expensive equipment or very high registration fees.

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com

1-AK46-Tomas Plekanec-Alex Kovalev
2-Alex Tanguay-Saku Koivu-Guillaume Latendresse
3-Christopher Higgins-Robert Lang-SK74
4-Steve Bégin-Maxim Lapierre/Kyle Chipchura-Georges Laraque/Tom Kostopoulos

Habs will top North East. As for the Eastern conference title, they're gonna have to fight for it with pens.​

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
habs will need more size and toughness if they want to compete for a cup on their anniversary.

Detroit or Dallas will take the cup this year (I guess DET is the safe bet, but dallas is looking good)

Nov 24, 2002

1-AK46-Tomas Plekanec-Alex Kovalev
2-Alex Tanguay-Saku Koivu-Guillaume Latendresse
3-Christopher Higgins-Robert Lang-SK74
4-Steve Bégin-Maxim Lapierre/Kyle Chipchura-Georges Laraque/Tom Kostopoulos

Habs will top North East. As for the Eastern conference title, they're gonna have to fight for it with pens.​
GO HABS GO
i like your line up , just i have feeling and dont be supris if the big Gauillaume don't start the season here .. i mean i have a feeling a rookie might jump to big club, guys like max paciority , ben maxwell , etc

can't wait for the start of season

HABS ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Nov 24, 2002
less than a month left. GO HABS GO
I believe in this team. Lang won't be a big factor
Lang can be a factor, he make our team strong in 3 lines . just give him decent wingers and he will still collect 20 goals and 50 to 60 points , if u give him GL or lapiere , sure he won't do much
remember Smok when he joined us he had scored almost 17 to 20 goals in last 4 or 5 yrs .. for a centre it always depend with who you play ..

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com
GO HABS GO
i like your line up , just i have feeling and dont be supris if the big Gauillaume don't start the season here .. i mean i have a feeling a rookie might jump to big club, guys like max paciority , ben maxwell , etc

can't wait for the start of season

HABS ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I have faith in Gui. Hes matured now, lost weight, improved his skating. Add to that, hes now a father, that'll make him a more responsible person.

I predict Gui will score 25-30 goals this season.

Go habs go!

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com

Launching movie to mark Habs' 100th

Brendan Kelly, Montreal Gazette

Published: Tuesday, September 16
Pour Toujours, les Canadiens!, the upcoming feature film tied to the 100th anniversary of the most storied franchise in professional hockey, will star some of Quebec's top actors, including Céline Bonnier, Jean Lapointe, Denis Bernard, Claude Legault and Réal Bossé.

"The Habs players are all playing themselves but the one player you'll see more than any of the others is Saku Koivu," said director Sylvain Archambault.

Iran#1

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Montreal
I have faith in Gui. Hes matured now, lost weight, improved his skating. Add to that, hes now a father, that'll make him a more responsible person.

I predict Gui will score 25-30 goals this season.

Go habs go!
I hope he does well but so far I have not seen anything from this guy to be on our team except his Quebecois`s name. Love to see one of those rookies on the team insted of Lat.
Big mistake by bringing Patrice back
HABS ALL THE WAy
Boys we should all go to a game one night

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com
Boys we should all go to a game one night
There was talks about this last season, but we never did!

Hopefully this season the 3 of us could go to a game, or at least get together for one.

(I also don't understand the Brisebois signing...But for 750k, its not bad to have an experienced player on the side)