No mistake by the Aussie Ref

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
I know everyone is pissed off right now. Let's take the emotion to the side. Whenever you fall down on purpose and try to trick the referee into giving another player a yellow card, then you deserve to be carded. The Iraqi goalie pushed you a little bit and you fall down so hard as if Mike Tyson has punched your lights out. The only problem is that other referees don't have the balls to consistently card players for such acting. Bravo to Ben Williams.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
dude, even the English and ausie commentator was saying that was too harsh and not worth of yellow. The stupid ref forgot that he gave Yellow already to Pouladi.
No where in the world you see yellow for that. damn keeper pushed him, hala maybe not that hard but still pushed him.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
I know everyone is pissed off right now. Let's take the emotion to the side. Whenever you fall down on purpose and try to trick the referee into giving another player a yellow card, then you deserve to be carded. The Iraqi goalie pushed you a little bit and you fall down so hard as if Mike Tyson has punched your lights out. The only problem is that other referees don't have the balls to consistently card players for such acting. Brave to Ben Williams.
Ummm, no, you are completely wrong, and it has nothing to do with being emotional you are simply incorrect in your statement. First of all, a referee can decide to give a yellow card to a player who fakes being brought down in the penalty area in order to get a penalty kick. Referees doesnt just simply give yellow cards for a player falling otherwise, it never happens in any football match that a referee just gives a yellow card for diving if it isnt for trying to trick him to get a PK. If it was otherwise and players who falls down on purpose gets yellow cards then Bahran, Qatar and all these teams would constantly play with 4-5 men as they dive every third minute. Second of all, the yellow card wasnt even for diving or tricking the referee, it was because he thought pouladi went to hard and recklessly on to the goalkeeper.

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
As I said other referees should follow his lead and it would immediately take away the grassrolling and fakes by players.. that includes all the arab teams by the way.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
As I said other referees should follow his lead and it would immediately take away the grassrolling and fakes by players.. that includes all the arab teams by the way.
Then maybe you should write a suggestion for change of rules in football for the referees and hope it get approved. Until that day, you are once again simply wrong and YOU are the one talking out of pure emotions and not what is correct/incorrect.

Oct 1, 2004
I know everyone is pissed off right now. Let's take the emotion to the side. Whenever you fall down on purpose and try to trick the referee into giving another player a yellow card, then you deserve to be carded. The Iraqi goalie pushed you a little bit and you fall down so hard as if Mike Tyson has punched your lights out. The only problem is that other referees don't have the balls to consistently card players for such acting. Bravo to Ben Williams.
You're wrong. Just wrong.

bache_irooni

Bench Warmer
Oct 14, 2004
Bekhab baba! then we have people like you who like to act open minded by supporting the other side of the story... hamoon bekhab baba kafite ...

Oct 18, 2002
You are wrong because fact is he was pushed, fact is he didnt touch goali, fact is first fault wasnt worth yellow either and top of that ref even didnt know that he already received a yellow card hence he didnt have brain to remember players faces because than he would give him only a warning...

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Pouladi was pushed he didn't deserve the second yellow

Bull shit Sending off and the Ref cost us

Iran would have won in 90 mins with 11 men .. no question about it

May 4, 2003
The fact that he did not know he was already being booked (even the first booking was absolutely #$%$# decision! ) means he is not a type of referee for big matches. End of story!

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
You are wrong wrong wrong. Lets call it like it is. The first yellow was questionable to begin with. I play twice a week in a semi competitive league and those kind of fouls happen all the time without any card. Its the normal flow of the game. One Tthe second he was pushed, yes he went down but he was pushed and you can't do that.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Not even the first booking was correct. It was a simple tackle and he got the ball first. Could maybe, but booking was way over the top. The second booking was just a total disgrace.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
What a shameful vindictive referee, just shameful. They say the best referee is the one that does not become part of the game, well this idiot made the whole game about himself, it was all about his bruised ego because of Iran's complaint. He is a terrible referee and should not have been selected for this game while the file on Iran's complaint was still open. This is wrong on behalf of AFC too. Pure and simple, Pooladi should never have been carded at all, and referee inflamed the situation and changed the course of the game. He should be forever expelled. Iran was playing against 12 people. And the actions of Iraqi captain and players for inflaming the situation and running 100 meters trying to get Pooladi sent off, was just abhorent, but consistent with their character. Shame on them!

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
mistake or no mistake (in my view harsh decision but not necessarily a mistake) should not have affected IR's team if they had a game plan B, game plan A being defend defend defend and rely on set pieces to win games.

I understood that with the limited resources available to the coach this is what he thought was the best he could do but in the time of crisis the system broke down.

Now for a completely reverse point of view, how come with ten men they were able to score twice, does that not mean that this team could have been a more attack minded team. I read comments that we don't have the assets in attack or the talent and that is why CQ has build a defensive system and embedded into the team. That theory to me fell to pieces when IR was able to score two goals playing around a 100 minutes ONE MAN SHORT.

This brings me to the original table i posted in another post with statististics from previous IRAN/IR performances that they nearly always did better (won or got to the semis) with attack minded teams talented or not talented.