Not guilty !!!!!!

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
hope this happens to the kids of the people who acquitted the guy not guilty some day as well..and all the people who think the verdict is correct

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
I have a feeling that if Zimmerman had been black and the kid were white, then the verdict would have been completely different.
Behrooz jAn,

Zimmerman is not white. He is puerto rican. Left made him look like white so they could make a racial issue out of it and they succeeded.

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Truthfully, I think convicting him of murder would have been too much. But he is a racist coward piece of shit and you know he will receive a just punishment for that. He'll have to live the rest of his life looking over his shoulder.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Truthfully, I think convicting him of murder would have been too much. But he is a racist coward piece of shit and you know he will receive a just punishment for that. He'll have to live the rest of his life looking over his shoulder.
Maybe, but there was also the charge for manslaughter.

the color of Zimmermann doesn't matter...whether he's chinese, puerto rican, whatever. Fact is that his behavior was reckless and he was out of his depth, police told him to wait for them and the jury said that it's ok to kill a black kid because he looks suspicious.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I'm no expert in law but they had a lawyer on one of these news shows a couple of weeks ago and he straight out said that the prosecution had a very weak case and that the concensus among the law community was that he would not be convicted.

ahmad-a

Bench Warmer
Feb 9, 2007
hope this happens to the kids of the people who acquitted the guy not guilty some day as well..and all the people who think the verdict is correct
I am sure you did not mean this.

Since I did not follow this circus I don't know if the verdict is right or not (even if I did follow it, I could not make any judgement based on what I here on the news). But I rather see a guilty man go unpunished and not see an innocent get punished.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
I have a feeling that if Zimmerman had been black and the kid were white, then the verdict would have been completely different.
I assure you - if Zimmerman had been black there would not have even been a trial - here is Florida we have heavy self defense laws......the one who throws the first punch is always toast. Last weekend 97 black kids were shot and killed by other blacks in south Chicago alone.......westi, where is the justice for them? who was arrested? - who was trialed?

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I'm no expert in law but they had a lawyer on one of these news shows a couple of weeks ago and he straight out said that the prosecution had a very weak case and that the concensus among the law community was that he would not be convicted.
That is what I heard as well. The whole thing started as a circus and the prosecution did not prepare well. At the end of the day, although George Zimmerman has been found not guilty, he has to watch over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

IT director who raised questions about Zimmerman case is fired

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/justice/zimmerman-it-firing/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Fact is that his behavior was reckless and he was out of his depth, police told him to wait for them and the jury said that it's ok to kill a black kid because he looks suspicious.
This is what the jury needed to know to acquit Zimmerman.

"The law says if Zimmerman had a “reasonable” belief that his own life was in jeopardy or that he could suffer bodily harm from Martin, he was justified in killing him."

Having your head slammed on cement falls in that category I would think.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I assure you - if Zimmerman had been black there would not have even been a trial - here is Florida we have heavy self defense laws......the one who throws the first punch is always toast. Last weekend 97 black kids were shot and killed by other blacks in south Chicago alone.......westi, where is the justice for them? who was arrested? - who was trialed?
You expect the press go after a city run by a prominent Democrat? Not when abortion is being voted on in Texas.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Last weekend 97 black kids were shot and killed by other blacks in south Chicago alone.......westi, where is the justice for them? who was arrested? - who was trialed?
97 murder in a ONE Weekend ?? Are you sure Masoud Jan ? Do you have a link to that news ? I am surprised because I have not seen any coverage of such a huge tragedy.

Jun 18, 2005
Not a surprise really. Prosecution's case was weak. For whatever the reason this case just became too politicized. Like Masoud said so many people get shot in Chicago, where is the media and president on that?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If I live another 20 yeas in America. I won't get stand your ground rule or the love affair of southern people with guns.

There are people in the south that literally spend tens of thousand of dollar every year on guns and Ammo.

I can understand the castle doctrine. ok you shoot somebody that comes to rob your home.

But there are people who literally pull guns on sales people, the mail man and ...

in this particular case I can't see how somebody initiates a fight and then when he comes short. he shoots the guy.

The concealed hand guns in the U.S have really gone way too far. there are bunch of unstable folks advancing them.

god help us some are trying to bring guns to bars and airports as well.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
in this particular case I can't see how somebody initiates a fight and then when he comes short. he shoots the guy.

I guess in the court of law, when evidence actually matter and investigations were done and hours and hours of work was put in, prosecutor could not prove that this was the case. If prosecution had proved that GZ had initiated the fight then it was a Slam dunk case. I am not saying that G.Z. did not initiate the fight but that in this court, evidence that was presented did not support what you are saying.

Jun 18, 2005
I do not want to take sides on the gun control subject but what is the crime rate related to guns in areas popoulated by conservate whites who are too gun happy vs inner cities like Chicago and Detroit? Furthermore what are the numbers for crimes committed on guns that are registered vs those that are not?

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Not a surprise really. Prosecution's case was weak. For whatever the reason this case just became too politicized.
This is what the Lawyer of G.Z. Said. he was asked that before meeting G.Z. Was he worried that G.Z. is a racist ? He said by looking at the picture of a 12 year old T.M. that was circulating the media and pictures of grown up G.Z. and the way the story was portrayed in the media, he thought G.Z. might be a racist and ...

At the end of the day, it seems like prosecution did an awful job in proving their case and putting the right witnesses and evidence forward.