Nothing to lose, every thing to win for Iran.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Against all odds.

All world predict Irans national team to fail.
That takes a way a lot of pressure from Team Melli sholders toward the world, so they can focus on making the best out of it and maybe go to next round which will be the ultimate goal for 70-80 mill Iranians to achieve at this world cup.

Here are some facts that make Iran totally outsiders.

1- Low ranking. Not only we are predicted by whole world to fail in our group, our group is also the lowest ranked group in the world cup:

2- Low Value. Here is a full list of all 32 WC teams marked value. Fits perfectly with Irans "Nothing to lose, everything to win" slogan

Full list: (Price in british £)
Brazil – £407m
Spain – £315.2m
Belgium – £222.7m
Portugal – £208m
Argentina – £199.1m
France – £183.8m
England – £179.6m
Germany – £167m
Uruguay – £137.8m
Italy – £129.6m
Croatia – £103.4m
Colombia – £99.8m
Holland – £96.4m
Chile – £77.1m
Switzerland – £70.3m
Russia – £66.5m
Ivory Coast – £59.7m
Bosnia – £54.8m
Nigeria – £47m
Cameroon – £42.9m
Mexico – £41.5m
Ghana – £35m
Greece – £31.7m
Ecuador – £28.5m
South Korea – £26.5m
USA – £26m
Japan – £24.8m
Algeria – £13.4m
Costa Rica – £13.2m
Honduras – £9.6m
Australia – £4.9m
Iran – £3.6m

3- Low expectations.
Here is the betting odds for winning the world cup. Again Iran at last.

Against all odds, lets hope they go to next round, make us all proud and show to the world, they were WRONG! ;)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
As PI says, there is always a chance! But the question is, how big? :)

You can always hope though! With a very high risk of getting fully disappointed, my hope has increased like I don't know what, recently! We might not play that beautifully but I so hope for the result.

CQ seems to have put all his energy to get some ok-ish results from the Nigeria game! But if we happen to draw or even beat Nigeria, I wonder if he has a plan for the Bosnia game! We wont advance from the group stage for sure, only with a good result against Nigeria.

gooshkoob

Bench Warmer
Nov 12, 2004
Hell
We play good defensively this time compared to previous years, if we get lucky we might not concede any goals against Nigeria and Bosnia. With Nigeria losing to US yesterday, TM might feel more confident playing against them too. Lets hope we do well against TNT today and keep the same momentum throughout the wc.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Thank you guys for your calm words, and for being optimistic. just what we need at the moment.
I also think positive now having watched US Nigeria. I noticed when ever US was playing fast, Nigeria was behind, but as soon as US players tried to hold the ball, they got smashed by big africans.
the main key for that game must be, pass the ball secure and play fast (both something we lack)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Thank you guys for your calm words, and for being optimistic. just what we need at the moment.
I also think positive now having watched US Nigeria. I noticed when ever US was playing fast, Nigeria was behind, but as soon as US players tried to hold the ball, they got smashed by big africans.
the main key for that game must be, pass the ball secure and play fast (both something we lack)
Hey Mammadreza , thanks for the thread. i have a suggestion for your thread title. :)

Yazid Gives Hope To Hossein

Brando jan , for 4 years you practice , you invest ,you find talents , you qualify ,you play good friendlies, just for 90 minutes of playing good football in WC ... Now if you look back and you see IFF have done his homework then you should not be worried about , if not then you just need to be hopeful

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Brando jan , for 4 years you practice , you invest ,you find talents , you qualify ,you play good friendlies, just for 90 minutes of playing good football in WC ... Now if you look back and you see IFF have done his homework then you should not be worried about , if not then you just need to be hopeful
I know but, our coach is a bit "Kinehi"... leaving out Rahmati, Ramos (Aghili), Khaalt, Sardar, even Karimi... that wasn't what I expected after 4 years of homework. Thats why I'm not confident.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Nice thread ....... that is taking pressure off the team .

why should we not be hopeful , we have a great coach , we got to the world cup in style , we have some talented players upfront who know how to score . I f I was facing Iran I would be the one worried facing an unknown beast who they know are capable of hurting them .

Both sides have the chance to get a result , it is not as if we are Brazil and expect to beat everyone regulary but but we are not the type to surrender and give up either , we have many players like Javad ,Ando ,Masoud ,Ashkan ,Gucci ,jahanbakhsh who play or played in top leagues and carlos Q is a great motivater and tactician , his resume speaks for itself .

yes guys ,look forward to a great world cup and possibly the best result in our world cup history ! I am going for 4 points but I be over the moon with 5 ....!

P.S ....I be in Jupiter with 7 points !:)