Notice the difference in coverage?

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
CNN and all other news outlets are running nonstop reporting on Egypt. They got reporters mingling with the crowds, cheering them on. There is no mistaking whose side they are on. Good. But where were they when people in Tehran were being knifed and clubbed? Take the White House. Obama issued one half hearted statement about events in Tehran and then nothing. Compare that with the level of White House activity today. The irony is that in Iran there were no questions what the people wanted and what kind of government they wanted. It wasn't Muslim Brotherhood for sure. In Egypt, there is great apprehension that we may see yet anther Islamic state and yet everyone seems to be cheering them on.

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
The mollah's enable the americans to sell billions of dollars of weapons to the arabs. It's big business. I'm also sure Russia and China have one a deal with the americans to keep the IR in power

Farzad-USA

Bench Warmer
Apr 4, 2007
rooyesh.blog.com
CNN and all other news outlets are running nonstop reporting on Egypt. They got reporters mingling with the crowds, cheering them on. There is no mistaking whose side they are on. Good. But where were they when people in Tehran were being knifed and clubbed? Take the White House. Obama issued one half hearted statement about events in Tehran and then nothing. Compare that with the level of White House activity today. The irony is that in Iran there were no questions what the people wanted and what kind of government they wanted. It wasn't Muslim Brotherhood for sure. In Egypt, there is great apprehension that we may see yet anther Islamic state and yet everyone seems to be cheering them on.
CNN along with other news outlets were kicked out of Iran.

Farzad-USA

Bench Warmer
Apr 4, 2007
rooyesh.blog.com
The mollah's enable the americans to sell billions of dollars of weapons to the arabs. It's big business. I'm also sure Russia and China have one a deal with the americans to keep the ir in poweer
I love all these conspiracy theories. When are we going to wake up and stop blaming everyone else except ourselves for our own problems.

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
I love all these conspiracy theories. When are we going to wake up and stop blaming everyone else except ourselves for our own problems.
So you denying the american arms industry has'nt benefited from the arab regimes in a arms race with IR?. Also China in particular relis heavily on Irans oil. Chineese firms in Iran are building huge oil and gas feildsand are the key partners in every oter sector

Farzad-USA

Bench Warmer
Apr 4, 2007
rooyesh.blog.com
So you denying the american arms industry has'nt benefited from the arab regimes in a arms race with IR?. Also China in particular relis heavily on Irans oil. Chineese firms in Iran are building huge oil and gas feildsand are the key partners in every oter sector
"I'm also sure Russia and China have one a deal with the americans to keep the IR in"

So you truly believe, the U.S., China, and Russia have a deal to keep the Iranian regime so Chinese can build oil refineries inside Iran. The Americans are maybe benefiting from IRI but I am not sure the benefit outweights the cost.

Jun 18, 2005
I do not think foreign journalists were allowed in Iran. The western media did talk about Iran and they had so many guests and analysts over. Many Iranian Americans. :confused:

I have no idea what you are getting at.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I am not sure there were no western press in Iran at the time. Even so, what about the official response? White House dropped Iran like a hot potato. In fact, they were pissed at demonstrators in Tehran because they were getting in the way of "negotiations without preconditions". People of Iran were truly left alone to fend for themselves in the face of most barbaric treatment. That's just the way I see it.

Jun 7, 2004
Flint has a point, as he normally does :) (he just tends to never see or not acknowledge the point on the other side :).

Yes there was western reporter presence of Iran's green movement. The majority of western reporters left much later into the movement. And absolutely there is a very, very large difference in the bias of reporting. For example, I remember Christian Amanpour of CNN reporting on demonstrations. After the first couple million man marches in Tehran, when AN finally mustered his own rally, be zoore sandis otoboos o gheyre, Amanpour said, there were "tens of thousands present in opposition rallies" and there are "hundreds of thousands present in pro AN rally." I can quote you some other instances.

Secondly, no, Obama did not just give a tepid support for the demonstrators, he all but stated that he sides with AN, in fact he really said it, just not in those exact terms. Do you guys forget what his spokesman said? Talk about short memories.

Obama without a shadow of a doubt supported AN during the Green movement. His idea was that, this is a token of goodwill towards AN and Sepah, and he in return expected that they would sit down and make up with the US and do the few little things that America wants of them. How stupid, how naive. It was only much, much after the fact when the administration realized that AN and Sepah are not going to play ball that they started expressing support for the Green movement. And that support is meant only as a tool for getting AN and Sepah to just do a few little things America wants of them, not because they are in any way shape or form interested in regime change or even a fundamental shift in Iran.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
i don't think we should blame anyone other than ourselves for this islamic fiasco and rape.

however, we cannot sit aside and pretend that MONKEY ASS MOTHER FUCKER OBAMA has been supportive of the student uprising in Iran.

because the cunt hasn't.

him, together with the vultures in europe and china and fucking orthodox assholes in russia are just waiting to see who comes out of the equations to make deals with them.

the point about selling weapons to sunnis is an extremely valid one specifically the KINGDOM OF SHITBAG BOTPARASTS and the UNITED KESAAFAT AN PARAST since they have the money so why not offload every bullshit piece of machinery that is eating dust to them.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
"I'm also sure Russia and China have one a deal with the americans to keep the IR in"

So you truly believe, the U.S., China, and Russia have a deal to keep the Iranian regime so Chinese can build oil refineries inside Iran. The Americans are maybe benefiting from IRI but I am not sure the benefit outweights the cost.
i think you are kind of answering your own question here.

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
i don't think we should blame anyone other than ourselves for this islamic fiasco and rape.

however, we cannot sit aside and pretend that MONKEY ASS MOTHER FUCKER OBAMA has been supportive of the student uprising in Iran.

because the cunt hasn't.

him, together with the vultures in europe and china and fucking orthodox assholes in russia are just waiting to see who comes out of the equations to make deals with them.

the point about selling weapons to sunnis is an extremely valid one specifically the KINGDOM OF SHITBAG BOTPARASTS and the UNITED KESAAFAT AN PARAST since they have the money so why not offload every bullshit piece of machinery that is eating dust to them.
I don't understand this logic. Obama didn't make a harsh statement because 90% of us didn't want IR using the Obama statement and blaming the uprising on the U.S and showing it as proof that they're right. He simply listened to what we were saying and asking him. I think you guys are trying to blame the end of the uprising on the Obama administration instead of the our own so called "leaders" who we were following. They can make a harsh statement against Egypt because everyone in the world knows that Mubarak is their man and he's not gone say that the uprising is the fault of the CIA or Mossad.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If I remember correctly it was British channel that gave us that high quality image of the first big demonstration in Tehran.

They also filmed the bullet being fired upon people who had gathered outside that Basij HQ.

The government then just banned them.

The Egyptian government is completely reliant on U.S and allies and has not seen itself not giving visas to media to operate.

It is a valid point that in absence of Mobile Phones and Internet satellite channels such AlJazeera have been very helpful for Egyptians.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
thanks
we need more ppl like you...
i was saying about the same thing under egypt thread as well

Pahlevoon Nayeb

National Team Player
Oct 17, 2002
Poshteh Kooh
First, let’s consider who and what Obama is.

He’s the President of the US -- a country rightly blamed for meddling with the Iranian affairs during the period that saw the only democratically elected government in Iran. Additionally, he’s neck deep inside what should have really been termed an economic depression were it not for the magic of media. Making his statement about Iran any stronger than it was would have played right into the hands of the rapists that make up the Demonic Republic.

Now, contrast that with president Shrub who was always somewhere between an insane bull in a china shop and the village idiot in his pronouncements. The last time the dry-coke-addict got the US into something, nine years later we’re still paying for it to the OFFICIAL tune of 15 billion dollars a month, month after month, every single month. That works out to roughly 350K a MINUTE!! Never mind that the unofficial figure is at least double that. Do you suppose a US president in the midst of dealing with a global economic meltdown and two stupid wars milking this country dry will try and get involved in yet another conflict?

I won’t even talk about how -- as has already been mentioned by others -- even what he said played into the hands of the rapist pigs and thieves in charge of the IRI.

Lets not try and score petty political points in the United States by playing this stupid card anymore. W's been a gonner for over two years and we're all the better for it.

EDIT: By the way, the Western Media would have “mingled” with the crowd and cheered them on even more than they are doing in Egypt were it not for the media having been barred from covering the events in Iran. It’s amazing how pertinent facts get ignored in attempts to prop up "convenient" conspiracy theories!

Last edited:

Farzad-USA

Bench Warmer
Apr 4, 2007
rooyesh.blog.com

because the cunt hasn't.

I am sorry for you. You are a racist and need mental help as soon as possible, go see a doctor.

Farzad-USA

Bench Warmer
Apr 4, 2007
rooyesh.blog.com
I don't understand this logic. Obama didn't make a harsh statement because 90% of us didn't want IR using the Obama statement and blaming the uprising on the U.S and showing it as proof that they're right. He simply listened to what we were saying and asking him. I think you guys are trying to blame the end of the uprising on the Obama administration instead of the our own so called "leaders" who we were following. They can make a harsh statement against Egypt because everyone in the world knows that Mubarak is their man and he's not gone say that the uprising is the fault of the CIA or Mossad.
It is funny that same people always argue, why the Carter did not support Shah and why he interfered with the Iranian affair

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
beautifully said.

We tend to blame our own shortcomings on anything and anyone but ourselves.

He did exactly what the roshan fekr's were saying in those days, that this is an internal issue and we dont want Obama supporting it that it will only make it harder for us to achieve our objectives.

halla ke ridim migim hamash taghsire obama bood...

May 12, 2007
I think CNN had some coverage of those events in the start of Green movement
but were not active from a certain date. When I was in Iran some people believed
that they have reached and agreement.
Internet was not easy to use. Although VOA was available. No I am not so convinced
US is after removing IRI either. But Egypten is about war with Israel.

Last edited: