Now we find out more about Branko's Value

Mar 29, 2005
The guy was only after result , remember last world cup we quilfied first ..

Iran Must hire a foreign coach for sure , Our coachs ability is what you saw in last couple of years , not good even in Asia 's games ..
I bet that we will not qualify , this team need to be rebuilt .
watch the Iraqi team with that condition in their country look how they are playing

Aug 26, 2005
Branko had our best ever players in their prime, and was in a qualification route where 3 of the 4 teams (this year there are 5 teams) would have a shot at the World Cup. Even Daei couldn't screw that one up.

Feb 22, 2005
I think our problem at this point is much bigger than just getting a coach. Our entire Football system has to be upgraded. That includes our league, facilities, etc.. It needs a makeover.

Hire a foreigner as head of IFF.

Mar 7, 2004
For Iran Branko was very great,very.

First no foreign coach comes to Iran,nobody.
Second Branko nearly alllllllways got the results he wanted,no matter how.
Third is that he also had the greatest Karimi and Mahdavikia.Iran today has nobody anymore.

I say if Iran had Karimi and Mahdavikia of that time,and maybe Rahman Rezaei things would be diffrent,but Kia and Karimi cant run anymore,both and Hashemian will retire very very soon

Aug 22, 2005
Torrance,CA
The root of the problem with this team was Branko, and you could even go as far as saying Blazevic. The two introduced a Croatian style of play, which is very conservative. This is why iran can never beat weka teams when we have to. Alos, Branko played only about 14 players over a span of the few years he was there. this completely destroyed young talents like, Borhani, Kazemian, Mobali, etc. The team really only got results, because at the time Karimi, Hashemian, and Mahdavikia were all in their primes, and carried our team to WC 2006. 3 players were not enough on the world stage though, and that is why our luck ran out when we reached the World Cup. Now flash forward to today, June 17, 2009. Karimi, Hashemian, and Mahdavikia have all played their last games for Iran. Due to no player getting any chances to play from 2002-2006 our pool of players who are actually good enough to play in WCQs are non-existent as we have no players who are both experienced and talented, other than Nekounam. The only bright spot I see for Iran, is the u-17 team who have been doing very well and won the Asian CUp, and hopefully by WC 2018 those players will be in their primes.

GO IRAN 2018 World Cup!

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
The root of the problem with this team was Branko, and you could even go as far as saying Blazevic. The two introduced a Croatian style of play, which is very conservative. This is why iran can never beat weka teams when we have to. Alos, Branko played only about 14 players over a span of the few years he was there. this completely destroyed young talents like, Borhani, Kazemian, Mobali, etc. The team really only got results, because at the time Karimi, Hashemian, and Mahdavikia were all in their primes, and carried our team to WC 2006. 3 players were not enough on the world stage though, and that is why our luck ran out when we reached the World Cup. Now flash forward to today, June 17, 2009. Karimi, Hashemian, and Mahdavikia have all played their last games for Iran. Due to no player getting any chances to play from 2002-2006 our pool of players who are actually good enough to play in WCQs are non-existent as we have no players who are both experienced and talented, other than Nekounam. The only bright spot I see for Iran, is the u-17 team who have been doing very well and won the Asian CUp, and hopefully by WC 2018 those players will be in their primes.

GO IRAN 2018 World Cup!
good point...

we're gonna have a dark year in our football until the WC ends.

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
Branko had so many better players in his hand....
Mahdi, Karimi, ando, Rezaie, Kabi, Daie, Hashemian all in their prime...
he fucked it up big time in WC thu...

Aug 22, 2005
Torrance,CA
I said this 4 years ago, but haters disagreed!

Branko was a great coach!
i think its a bit ridiculous to say that by disapproving of Branko that I'm a hater. I'm actually very positive when it comes to our football....
I was a huge supporter of Ghalenoie, even though no one liked him.
I love Nikbakght even though everyone hates him.
I love Hashemian, even though everyone hates him.
I supported MayeliKohan's appointment, when people were BEYOND pissed.
So my point is that "Haters" and "Lovers" alike all hate Branko, which really goes to show you how bad he actually was. Or atleast how unpopular he is.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Branko is the root of the problem !!! why dont we have goo striker? did we give anyone a chance? Daei played against EVERYONE 90 min .. you think striker grow on tree? u need to develop them, same with midfield, brank had good players, and he kept using them OVER AND OVER AND OVER not giving a chance to anyone else to develop, honestly did we have to use our A team against teams like MALDIVE ? does it matter if we win 12-0 or 3-0 ... biggest problem with iran's football is we dont pay enough (or not all ) attention to our youth system, we dont give them chance, we dont let them develop !!!
Damn you Branko for creating this whole mess

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Branko is the root of the problem !!! why dont we have goo striker? did we give anyone a chance? Daei played against EVERYONE 90 min .. you think striker grow on tree? u need to develop them, same with midfield, brank had good players, and he kept using them OVER AND OVER AND OVER not giving a chance to anyone else to develop, honestly did we have to use our A team against teams like MALDIVE ? does it matter if we win 12-0 or 3-0 ... biggest problem with iran's football is we dont pay enough (or not all ) attention to our youth system, we dont give them chance, we dont let them develop !!!
Damn you Branko for creating this whole mess
Agree with you and with Arsenal4ever.
I even remeber using Daie and the main squad (including Mirzapour) in meaningless games such as 3rd place LG cup!

We are suffering now because of Branko and Blazevic. Do you remeber Faraz Fatemi? the guy was IPL best goal scorer. How many minutes he got under Blazevic? zero!

Mar 29, 2005
Do not call me ediot . Under Brnako we got qualified . The result is important . Iran's team now is a third rate team in Asia . equal with UAE . Ghatar , Pakistan , and Hindoostan .. Okay ? The clubs should stop hiring those no good forign players that take the place of our talented ones .. Those middle men in these clubs are the only ones that are benefiting from this football. Nobody else does . Iran's footbal has been going backward for past 4 years ..

400 million to this player , 500 million to that player . they worth 100 toman per day and that is all ..

Now we have to seat and watch other countries play and al our news papers get busy with , " this player said this " and " that player weted his pants "

Hopefully something will change and somebody else get this IFF back on track , get some good forign coach and start from NOW until next games

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Do not call me ediot . Under Brnako we got qualified . The result is important . Iran's team now is a third rate team in Asia . equal with UAE . Ghatar , Pakistan , and Hindoostan .. Okay ?
again under branko going in we had 50% chance of DIRECT qualification (2 out of 4 made it) and iran finished 2nd. this time 2 out of 3 would make it. under branko teams like N.korea were joke , this time they qualify directly !!! under branko many players were in their prime, this time they are not and THANKS to branko since all he cared was result he didnt work on development of Iran's future starts henc why Branko sucks
you want results KEEP GHOTBI.