Obama nominates John Kerry to be secretary of state

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I'll extend you the courtesy of naming someone on your side. How about Sam Nunn? Now that is a sort of Democrat you can't find anymore. What the heck does Chuck Hagel know about the defense of this country? He is perfect for an apology tour though.
Well if he wanted to nominate a Dem, Sam Nunn or George Mitchell or Wes Clark or Max Cleland would have been a good choice. He wanted a Republican in his cabinet and who has what it takes other than Hagle and Lugar? Please if you rate Hagel as a 3rd rate Repub I am curious to see who is 1st and 2nd rate? Oh and spare me the your side BS as I don't like either party.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
If he wanted to endear himself to Republicans he sure picked the wrong person. And why are you hung up on a Republican? He incessantly reminds everybody every chance he gets that he won. OK, you won Mr. President. Now pick who YOU want. Yo answer your question, I want a Democrat. Actually, Paneta has tuned out OK.

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
If he wanted to endear himself to Republicans he sure picked the wrong person. And why are you hung up on a Republican? He incessantly reminds everybody every chance he gets that he won. OK, you won Mr. President. Now pick who YOU want. Yo answer your question, I want a Democrat. Actually, Paneta has tuned out OK.
Because Barry O is about to significantly downsize Pentagon and who better to spearhead the effort than a Republican Vietnam Veteran? It's genius.