Olympic team's coach

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
For all those reasons that you mentioned, I would pick Dinezli with a couple of good Iranian assistants such as Kazemi.

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
From the bottom of my heart, I want a domestic coach.

There are so many forsat talabs within our federation and media who blame everything on *third rate' foreign coahes.

Lets give TM and the Omid team to domestic coaches and see, once and for all what they can do.
If this happens, then domestic coahes will be coaching all national teams and top clubs ( bar Perspolis and Sepahan).

Since all the blame has been put on foreign coaches, then logically, our football should now improve in the next coming years.

I personally hope that Jalali can take over, the man never shuts up and has a piece of advise for everyone.
Lets see what he can do or what creative excuses he will have if he fails.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Lets give TM and the Omid team to domestic coaches and see, once and for all what they can do.
I personally hope that Jalali can take over, the man never shuts up and has a piece of advise for everyone.
Xoraster jan, both cases have already proven themselves a couple of times. What else do you need? Even if they fail once "again", what do you think will happen? They will continue to bash foreign third rate coaches and give advices to everyone. You think "az roo miran"??

We all saw what happened to our best omid team with Mayeli Kohan in charge and we all know what Jalali has done so far, so let's not even try this again, even once. Let's bring in a good pro. foreign coach with experience!

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Xoraster jan, both cases have already proven themselves a couple of times. What else do you need? Even if they fail once "again", what do you think will happen? They will continue to bash foreign third rate coaches and give advices to everyone. You think "az roo miran"??

We all saw what happened to our best omid team with Mayeli Kohan in charge and we all know what Jalali has done so far, so let's not even try this again, even once. Let's bring in a good pro. foreign coach with experience!
Sly jan, every one have their 'breaking point'.
When Nasser Ebrahimi and Parviz mazloumi write one page synopsis in Jahane Football about all of Simoes mistakes and their advice, without considering all the problems and people behind the scene waiting for this team to fail, then you have no point but to grant them want they want.

Parviz mazloumi said it best, the only remedy is an Iranian coach:--wink:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Sly jan, every one have their 'breaking point'.
When Nasser Ebrahimi and Parviz mazloumi write one page synopsis in Jahane Football about all of Simoes mistakes and their advice, without considering all the problems and people behind the scene waiting for this team to fail, then you have no point but to grant them want they want.

Parviz mazloumi said it best, the only remedy is an Iranian coach:--wink:
Honestly even if you give them the coach of their choice more than 100 times, and the coaches fail each time, they wont stop this. They'd still come and give everyone lectures! As you say, everyone has a breaking point, but really when it comes to iranians, that point doesn't exist!

Aug 26, 2005
From the bottom of my heart, I want a domestic coach.

There are so many forsat talabs within our federation and media who blame everything on *third rate' foreign coahes.

If this happens, then domestic coahes will be coaching all national teams and top clubs ( bar Perspolis and Sepahan).

Since all the blame has been put on foreign coaches, then logically, our football should now improve in the next coming years.

It has nothing to do with Foreigners failing and Iranians succeeding because, as history records, both have failed. It is about giving an equal footing to Iranian coaches who are doing the same, if not better, than those 3rd rate foreign coaches while receiving not even a fraction of the backing.

A foreigner failed, he didn't fail because he was foreign, he failed because he wasn't good enough - the same story as many other vatani coaches.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It has nothing to do with Foreigners failing and Iranians succeeding because, as history records, both have failed. It is about giving an equal footing to Iranian coaches who are doing the same, if not better, than those 3rd rate foreign coaches while receiving not even a fraction of the backing.

A foreigner failed, he didn't fail because he was foreign, he failed because he wasn't good enough - the same story as many other vatani coaches.
I agree with third rate foreign coaches. We shouldn't even get them. However we also have to remember that until 6 years ago, our iranian coaches worked in a very amaturish league. They were themselves products of an amaturish football and they still are. Until we don't send our young coaches to Europe to get the highest international coaching license, we can't be sure if they know enough to coach any of our national teams. and even if they attend the courses and get their license, we still can not be sure if they're good enough until they prove themselves properly in the league.

So why not drop this third rate foreign coaches and iranian coaches all together and for once get a real professional foreign coach? Not a world class one who wouldn't want to work in Iran but there are tons of great coaches who would. I don't know why we can't demand that from IFF!

Aug 26, 2005
So why not drop this third rate foreign coaches and iranian coaches all together and for once get a real professional foreign coach? Not a world class one who wouldn't want to work in Iran but there are tons of great coaches who would. I don't know why we can't demand that from IFF!
I mean we know why. That's still the 'million dollar question', and once you get a good answer to that let me know.

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
since when rene simoez is a 3rd rate coach? they guy had a good CV and was quite flexible with our t****i football...IMO he realised how result oriented iranian football is ( have u noticed no one in IFF has the gutts to sign more that 1 year contract with any coach???)
he simply missed the point WHY he was hired,,,preparing our OMID team for olympics NOT winning the asian hames goal medal with SEGAR SENNI players or ZARB VA ZOOR..

our youth football academies( not so sure if we can call them academy in iran) HAVE NOT introduced new faces to our football for long time now...BANK MELLI CLUB with ALI ALIDOOSTI used to be a good starting point for lots of our players like mahdavikia,ali ansarian or ali karimi....BUT just look what is bank melli doing these days..

Im not optimistic about games against aussie or saudis...who ever take omid team will break hame KASE KOOZE ha on simoez and gana blame him as he the only scapegoat in the omid team issue....jalali has proved himself lots of times before,,so whats the point hireing him again??? he had the chance to be javanan 's coach and as he mentioned he had tested 4000 young players and came up with NO ONE special...and farhad kazemi simply doesnt have the required experience....although i really like him..

IMO crotian,serbian coaches are still better alternatives for taking the job....im not saying someone like branco with little experience or ZELATCO( his dumb brother)..
there are loads of good bosnian.crotian or serbian coaches with good experience and brilliant CV...forget european cooaches since they r too NAZ NAZI for our disorganised football....if im not wrong china and qatar were using serbian,bosnian COACHES and they both did a terrific job...the china's coach was hired 6 months ago and he did an excellent job so far...wish him luck..

I have one suggestion
MILAN MACALA

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Honestly even if you give them the coach of their choice more than 100 times, and the coaches fail each time, they wont stop this. They'd still come and give everyone lectures! As you say, everyone has a breaking point, but really when it comes to iranians, that point doesn't exist!
I know man. Its not about that.
I can bet what ever I have with anyone here that if becomes the coach and fails, he will have the most colourful excuses.
The problem is that 'they' dont want foreign coaches now and there is no point in forcing them. Look what happend to Simoes team, there were so much interference and foul play involved.
Let an Iranian take over, I mean, do you really expect this team to qualify to the olympics anyway?
Atleast then, they wont have the same old excuse anymore.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
alila jan, I more or less, agree with everything you said.

Xoraster jan, you sound like you have given up. I don't blame you to be honest! I'm almost there myself too! :rolleyes:

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Alila jan, Macala would be great but i am sure they would find some faults with him aswell.
Also, he is with Oman now so I doubt they would just release him.

Sly jan, its not about giving up, its about how we go about and do our business.
Media and IFF want to push for domestic coaches and thats how things will be for a while.
This olympic team is doomed anyway, who ever they pick, it wont be worse than Kohan and Cordes.
Usually, every Olympic team has a star, the 2000 one had Khatibi, Shahbazian, Kia, Nekounam, Nikbakht and kavianpour ( Karimi was banned before the qualifiers).
They were all famous before the qualifiers started.
I dont have to tell you about the 2002 team.
This team, besides Kolahkaj, Haghighi and Charmahali, I dont even know who else will play.
Can you honestly imagine this team making it to Peking?

Besides cleaning up our acts, one day, I hope to see an influx of Argentinian coaches in Iran, the same way we saw an influx of Croatian coaches.
Argentinian coaches are simply the best and fairly cheap.
Iran has the potential to copy their style, we will never be as good but we can have the same approach.

Last edited:

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
xoraster jan
IFF proved during the fifa banning that they are capable of doing anything if they want to...from BASIJ KARDANE HAME ADAMHA like ASEFI to traveling to dubai and KH***I to fifa officials....
IFF is being ruled by a retard like mostafavi..this guy is SAG E BARGAHE OZMAYE VELAYAT although he shaves and doesnt look shipishooo...THIS aftabparast WILL change his color even if this akhoondi gov goes to hell and will say MAN VASE VATANAM KAR KARDAM ...but as long as this MARTIKE taking orders from aliabadi,IM not optimistic at all..
as u said this omid team showed no OMID what so ever..and i dont know what kinda miracle would help us out this time...I should put simoes name among mayelikohan when it comes to who is the LUCKIEST COACH ever?? we should have been chucked out of the asian games in the first round with that level of football we performed...11 ta BOOGH ro ham 1 sal bahashoon kar karde boodi behtar bayad bazi mikardan..

do u remember the crotian coach of bahrain for worldcup qualifications???well this guy canceled his contract just 3 weeks before iran-bahrain GAME and went for a better offer from oman i guess...all im saying is that these transfers are so normal in football...ARI HAAN showed us the trick lol
MACALA is a great coach and i just brought up his name as an example,,,he has proved himself in the past with OMAN ,AL-EIN and ..............I wish iff was wise enough to go after someone like him rather wasting time with losers like jalali...

one last word
ONLY MARCELO BILESA

bardia

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Bruno Metsu is my choice for our U-23

Bruno Metsu (born 28 January 1954) is a French football manager. He took the Senegal national football team to its first ever FIFA World Cup in Korea/Japan in 2002 where they surprised everybody by beating France in the opening game of the World Cup by one goal to nil. They qualified from the group stage and made it to the quarter finals only to be beaten by Turkey in extra time thanks to a golden goal from İlhan Mansız which made the score one goal to nil to Turkey. After Senegal had defeated France in the opening game of the 2002 World Cup, the president of Senegal, Abdoulaye Wade, declared a national holiday in Senegal to celebrate the team's success in defeating the defending World Cup champions. He is currently the manager of al-Ittihad and the United Arab Emirates national football team.

Bruno Metsu is a Muslim. He converted to Islam when coaching Senegal

Last edited: