OMG Brankovich tsk tsk

Oct 31, 2004
This man must apparently know the game well enough to coach the best asian team right ? well why the hell is he still starting ALi Daei. COme on even die hard Daei fans must admit the man is finished, he''s as fast as a steam roller and he barely jumps for the headers anymore. The thing that really gets me is we have a qaulity striker now Zandi who recently scored for Kaiserlauten not SAbba Batterry or watever. He puts Zandi in the back so Daei can play. I know we have a defender crisis and Zandi used to paly defence for FC Lueback but at least put fiery Borhani instead of Daei. And by the way if Zandi or BOrhani had played upfront with Hashemian thus giving Hahemian leeway to move foward more and score we would have beaten the teame kassiff!!

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
put it this way.. most of you say he should have retired two years ago cuz he can't score no more?! two month ago year 2004 finished, and who was the world's (not just iran's ) top goal scorer in 2004?! the man who should have retired two years ago!?

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
yes cuz other strikers score everygame apart from daei!! yep.. t hat's the new striker rule.. every game you play.. you score or you should retire.. .doesn't matter if that year you score more than everyone else in the world still not good enough for a country like iran which is full of world class strikers!!

beekar

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
here
he probably started him because DAIE in TM's;

last friendly scored 1 goal
last official game scored 4 goals
last game w/ BAHRAIN scored 2 goals

he probably thought if he didn't start him, he might be branded a BOH-LOOL by me and likes of me a, none DAIE, football fan

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
abouzar said:
t hat's the new striker rule.. every game you play.. you score or you should retire.. .
No, but at least you have to CREAT goal chances in all games, even if you don't score. ;)

I guess I let IPL's goalscorers list be the proof of who's the best goalscoarer "at the moment"!!! Also not to talk about the attraction of big clubs like Bayern Munich! :D

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
oh sly... sorry i forgot hashemian and bayern munichen.. ostad asadi and modir roosta have played for real madrid just as much as hashemian has played for bayern muniche.. ali daei on the other hand has actually PLAYED for bayern munich .. and not just watched them from the stands..

of course good strikers have good goal scoring chances .. yeah.. cuz people behind them make the freaking chances for them.. and of course we all saw how many great crosses and passes they gave daei and daei missed that open goal time after time! tut tut.. bad bad boy!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
abouzar said:
oh sly... sorry i forgot hashemian and bayern munichen.. ostad asadi and modir roosta have played for real madrid just as much as hashemian has played for bayern muniche.. ali daei on the other hand has actually PLAYED for bayern munich .. and not just watched them from the stands..
It's good that you DO use the past terms of the verbs about Daei's game in Bayern Munich! Maybe you should highlight those a bit more? ;)

Hey Parvin was one of Iran's best players once. So let him in TM too...he was one of the best! :)

True, Hashemian is on the bench of Bayern Munich, but that in itself is something that Daei can't achieve at this age and form otherwise he would be sitting on their bench instead, wouldn't he?!

Also true....Daei might have been a better player than Hashemian when he played for bayern Munich but we must realise that even the best will sometime become old and the younger will take their place!

abouzar said:
of course good strikers have good goal scoring chances .. yeah.. cuz people behind them make the freaking chances for them.. and of course we all saw how many great crosses and passes they gave daei and daei missed that open goal time after time! tut tut.. bad bad boy!
So Daei doesn't get good passes from the other TM players to score??.... damn TM must have really bad players. Many of them play in Bundesliga....damn it, they should play in IPL to become good!!! :mad: But hey...even in IPL Daei doesn't seem to be among the top goalscorers. hmmmm...so even there the other players suck!!! Damn...Daei must be the most unlucky guy on earth to end up in the same team as bad players all the times.

Come on man....these kind of talks are old now!

paymonM

Bench Warmer
Jun 19, 2003
abouzar said:

what does Daei playing 6 years ago for Bayern Munchen have to do with his current play. At this time in his career he plays for a team that ends with the words "battery" ... not bayern Munchen ..... not Persepolis ..... but BATTERY .... surely you don't believe that a forward from a team called "Battery" should be the center forward for TM, while players such as Hashemian and Zandi who are currently playing in the Bundesliga play out of position.
a few years ago when Daei became much slower, he made up for it by dominating in the air. He can't even do that now today. I honestly don't remember the last time Daei made any headers for TM that meant anything. In recent games he is constantly losing balls ..... or he's just passing back since he has lost all ability to attack.

I really believe that Branko believes that Daei's days are over. Unfortunately, he cannot sub him because he's being told he cannot. The proof is in the 2 friendlies we played against Panama and Bosnia. In any friendly, a coach will rotate players to test different formations. Why Daei was not pulled out in either game just amazes me.

He was a great player for many years, but even the great ones (Pele, Beckenbauer, zidane) retire or at least play part time for the national teams when they are not affective anymore

Kayvon

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2004
Washington, DC
IF enayati, Borhani, Hashemian or any other national team fowards got half as may goal attempts as Daei, They would have scored twice as many as daei. Daei is awful. Watch the games again my friend, and notice that he rarely scores important goals. he scores against teams like laos, and when he scores against a good team it is always the 2nd 3rd or 4th goal. with players like Nikbakht, Karimi, and Hashemian always score the first goal in big games and then with the pressure off daei will score a goal that doesnt really mean much (for example, Jordan)

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Kayvon said:
IF enayati, Borhani, Hashemian or any other national team fowards got half as may goal attempts as Daei, They would have scored twice as many as daei. Daei is awful. Watch the games again my friend, and notice that he rarely scores important goals. he scores against teams like laos, and when he scores against a good team it is always the 2nd 3rd or 4th goal. with players like Nikbakht, Karimi, and Hashemian always score the first goal in big games and then with the pressure off daei will score a goal that doesnt really mean much (for example, Jordan)
LOL!!!!!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
He was the world's top scorer for 2004 against teams like Laos! Whoopi doo! And that was 2004. This is 2005. He is not an awful player by any means, but he's definitely not a 90 minute player. And he has missed a lot (a lot) of 100% scoring chances. He missed an ampty netter against Bosnia. Borhani scored off an identical chance. And the empty netter hi missed wasn't even half as tough as the goal Zandi scored against K. last week.