Omid team, Borhani's goal, The ref ....

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
Just a few points I thought I’d go over:

1- disparity in numbers corrected.
The disparity in the number of players in each team got corrected with the red card given to the Chinese player in the second half.
Upto that point, we were playing with 10 men, against their 11.
Oladi?
For the entire 120 worthless minutes he was on the pitch, his usefulness for us, could not match the locker-room sweeper !
He was absolutely and totally out of the game, and did not do one worthless thing that helped the team along.

One must really wonder what is wrong with the coach who sees this and simply denies our team of an 11th player !

So when I see ppl asking why we didn’t capitalize on the red card, I must remind them how that card actually made things “equal” !

I was extremely angry and mad at Simoez for his stubbornness and frankly, stupidity for persisting with an utterly useless player for the duration of the game.
Shades of another coach, eh?

I guess we usually do not attract coaches with enough brain cells to lead our teams !

2- Roudbarian

Once and for all Roudbarian proved to us that he just cannot be our main goal keeper.
Now, I don’t know what went on in his mind when he time and again insisted on “playing” with the ball while the opponents were so close by. Something he had been doing from the very first game.
But I know this. His cockiness and stupidity almost cost us the semis !
It was plain and simple, a miracle how that Chinese shot bounced against the post and didn’t go in! Nothing short of a miracle.

People used to go at Mirzapoor for his footwork.
Well, looki here, mates.
We DO have a goali with the footwork, but not the brains to know where and how to use it !!!
Now, take your pick.

3- Team performance

The overall teamwork, I must admit, was better than the previous 3 games, despite what many friends say.
Even Borhani was more in the service of the team, which is a pleasant surprise.
The midfield played a controlled game with lots of passing. Better than the other games.
Defense?
Their failings were to be expected.
It is only becoz we weren’t facing strong teams in the earlier stage that we never saw how fragile they are.

4- The referee.
Before anything else, I think, we all have to thank the referee for two very big issues.

A- For giving the second yellow card to Oladi, therefore giving our team a chance to be a proper team … inspite of Simoez, I must add.

B- For actually doing a fair job at refereeing ! Given his nationality and race, and the past records & history.
Although the number of yellows in the latter stages could have been less.
What was it? 11? 12?

5- Borhani’s goal.
Look. We can take either of the stances on this issue.
One stance would be to follow the “gentleman’s rules” of the game. Which would look down on this attempt at humiliation.
( try preaching this to no less than the world champs, Italy !! hah ! )

The other, the more hard rules of reality, parallel with the generally lowered standards of chivallery and conduct, I’d say this : “Tit for tat”
I don’t think there are many who have forgotten how Zareh was red carded in asia cup.
As the saying goes, you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

One can try to stay squeaky clean. Very good.
But when you see unfairness, cheating, blatant injustice, vivid bias and unsporting conduct from all angles ( China, Qatar, Bahrain, Lebanon, AFC, Fila, TWD, …. ), one may be forgiven to at least try to show off and maybe rub the opponent’s nose in the dirt once in a while.
Why shd we be on the receiving end of it all the time?

I prefer to say what Arash did was to boost the morale of his team-mates. To use this as a kickstart to take control of the game and show their superiority.
Aint nothing wrong with that, brother.

6-China’s second goal.

This goal shd have been an excellent example of how to finish such opportunities, for our players.
The contrast between a good football players, and one who fits the circus better than a football pitch is shown here.
The ball which was taken & shot directly and on the rise by the Chinese player, would have been man-handled with several touches and a couple of dribbling attempts, and most probably lost to the defenders who would have had enough time to compose themselves and take control of the situation.

THIS is the difference between a football player and a circus performer.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Excellent post, thanks man :)

But I am afraid the cards would not be carried from the 1st round, so it means Oladi would still be in the lineup.. we have to make sure.

I blame the coach for his performance though, 1st because the tactic is not helping, and 2nd because he is apparently not been warned by the coach for his useless dribbles. HOw come he doesn't do that in PP?

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Good points Peys,
Although the ref was extremly bad. He blew for even the slightest physical contact. It was not good for us since we are more physical than the Chinese and its not good for the development of Asian football.

I am just trying to figure out what Simoes is seeing in Oladi..........granted, Gholamin and Pouladi are not good either but still.

I am surprised no one has talked about Khosro Heidary, I dont want to be disrespectful of a young hamvatan but how the hell did this guy end up playing football in PAS and the Omid team?
He is chubby, slow and heavy.
I know Iran is not Brazil but when an unfit, un atheletic person pops up in our professional league and national team, we need to start asking questions.
He looks more like on of the 7 dwarfs rather than a professional footballer.

As I said before, Simoes plays a a typical Brazilian 4-2-2-2. Attack from the wings is usually provided by fullbacks. Our team does not have the quality for such an arrangement, maybe with Sheis return, we can start attacking from the flanks.

Zare is way too defensive, he is just a couple of steps in fronf of our central D. We were much better when he pushed up, thats how we created the second goal.
As much as I like him, he seems a little bit heavy. What a pass though!!

Nouri, extremly slow, he twists, twirls, every pass is accompanied by two three unnecessary steps. Useless!!!!

Positive.
Mahini,
the youngest Iranian player yesterday and one of the best.
Our goals,
we are starting to learn how releas our players through on goal. If we can combine that with our usuall crossing game, then, for the first time, I would say that we have a two-three dimesional attacking game.

Yavarzadeh, injected some life and physical presence in our midfield. Must play against Qatar.
I am surprised Simoes is not using him from the start.

All and all, very disappointing. China was just so much better, professional. They let the ball do the work, their positioning was as good as you can expect. They were younger, cooler and better. This is what happens when your team plays over 20 high class opponents like Argentina, France, Sweden, Cameron etc. Maybe one day........
Watch out for them.

Feb 14, 2006
xoraster; Nouri said:
DISAGREE completly, this guy needs a little work, he can be a great playmaker for Team Melli, hell, name me what Teymorain can do in a game, that this player can't......................

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Peyz jan, regarding Arash's goal..

take a deep breathe and ask yourself, that if let's say a chinese would have done it against Iran, or an Arab, a japanese etc. how you would react?

I would have been extremely pissed if as an example a Real player would have done something against Barca..but for other teams maybe not as much. I would have loved to see a Barca player do it against Real however(yes..I'm a hypocrite here :) ) but not any other team..

anyway..the point I try to make...if you could have lived with such a goal scored against Iran, fair enough..

if not..then think about it whether the goal was right or not..

markle_cn

Football Fan
Dec 10, 2006
Shit Borhani!

Before your rude show in scoring the first goal, most of chinese regard Iran as a friend. but now millions of chinese turn our options, you hurt our chinese hearts through your defiant show in scoring the first goal, all chinese will not pardon your defiant action for ever.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
my friend,
must we also remind you of this?
[Media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lURJaFenhcQ[/Media]

please, the guy apologized..don't make it bigger than it already is

Jun 3, 2006
wow, and the chinese are gonna cry about something that was perfectly legal. Diving isnt legal but the chinese still did it. Its not going to effect the relationship anyway because that wasnt even team melli so most iranians didnt even care about the game. Plus, he apoligized for what he did and i dont think the chinese apologized for the dive.

Oct 18, 2002
My friend, one young player did an act of unsportsmanship, and he has apologized afterwards. No reason to blow it out of proposrtion.

If you check this forum you'll see that many Iranian readers also consider his act childish and inappropriate.

Nov 29, 2002
Shit Borhani!

Before your rude show in scoring the first goal, most of chinese regard Iran as a friend. but now millions of chinese turn our options, you hurt our chinese hearts through your defiant show in scoring the first goal, all chinese will not pardon your defiant action for ever.
In 2004, China played disgusting against Iran and your player dived onto the floor like a lunatic.

You cheated your way in that match.

All iranian will not pardon your defiant action for ever.

azaad2004

Bench Warmer
Jul 29, 2005
In 2004, China played disgusting against Iran and your player dived onto the floor like a lunatic.

You cheated your way in that match.

All iranian will not pardon your defiant action for ever.
What's more, at least Borhani was man enough to apologise. that chinese player never made an apology.

China can kiss Iran's ass.

markle_cn

Football Fan
Dec 10, 2006
I only express my upset to Borhani. It's out of my minding that so many Iran friends are here. I don't care someone is cursing me, I only want to express that Borhani's action is so bad to hurt chineses.

Just like what I said, most of chineses regard Iran a reliable friend, I always think of our ralation between two countrys like this. but we all should think of the diffirent understanding of the same action under diffirent culture. yes, Borhani apoligized for his action, but his grinning cheekily face makes us nauseous when he was apoligizing, it shows the apoligise is not from his heart.

everyone should respact adversary in the match.

Nov 29, 2002
Markle-cn

1) BORHANI APOLOGISED IMMEDIATELY FOR HIS BAD ACTION

2) WHERE WAS THE APOLOGY IN 2004 WHEN YOUR PLAYER CHEATED.

2004 - china player CHEATED against iran again and again.

What the china player did in 2004 (getting the iranian sent off by jumping and rolling on the floor) is worse than what borhani did yesterday!!

Where was the apology?
Where was anything?

You chinese are good at kicking up a fuss, but when you cheated against iran in 2004 or when you screamed and threw things at japan in the china-japan final (2004) then you guys turn the other cheeks

Hypocrites.

Comprendez?

kflex

Ball Boy
Nov 7, 2003
Sweden
What comes around goes around!
Did you like the top class Hong Kong acting the Chinese Players did to the poor Oman?

Go and eat rice whit your chop sticks and do the things you best at such as Communist sports!!!!!