Oraganizational effort

Bijan

Bench Warmer
Apr 18, 2004
Hamvatan, we are in the midst of a decisive moment. It is up to us Iranians, inside or abroad, whether this moment will be defined later as the start of the road to freedom or another missed opportunity.

The most important thing right now is unity, therefore I ask everyone to forget about their political preferences, socio-historical evaluations and reassessments of past events that have led us to today. There will be enough time for that the day after freedom, but today we must solely focus on our unity in three things: 1) our urge for freedom 2) our love for Iran 3) our support and compassion for our brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers inside Iran. Therefore, avoid all political discussion that are normative of nature. The only valid norm now is freedom.

In order to contribute to what seems a collectively sparked and organized revolt, I suggest that we Iranian students hold rallies at the same time as the main demonstrations in Iran in order to show our support and keep the international media's focus on the events there. On top of that, we will start a petition asking for a referendum and have it signed by people inside as well as outside Iran and will send it to the UN, EU and the US.

I am already in touch with the student organizations in some European countries and am going to Iran in the next coming days in order to link Iranian student organization there with those abroad.

I ask everyone who is passionate about Iran and Iranians to reply to this thread, solely mentioning your country of residence and whether you are in contact with Iranian student organizations in your country of residence and if not, whether you think one is available for approach. If you are affraid that your name is already known on the forum, then create a new account and reply with that.

Javeed Iranzamin, zendeh bad azadi!

Bijan

Also, as a sign of unity please change your avators into Iran maps, preferably not photos of national persons as it can cause division.

Last edited: