Parallels to country's racist past haunt age of Obama - very interesting what happend in 1870

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
For this statement alone you'd be accused of the ugliest epithets, of which racism is just a small part, in the Democratic party. I see you mentioned elsewhere your affinity toward them but you have no idea who you are aligning yourself with.
My good man, I have no affinity toward either political party and find extremist arguments on both sides very absurd. Unfortunately, the issues have become so bipolar, that you may as well call the apporach of the supporters of both parties the death of democracy. Success of democracy lies in finding the middleground on topics, a compromise between the various schools of thought if you will. Once it becomes about one side being right or wrong all the time and about everything, then you got the initial stages of a Syria or Libya situation in the making.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I love to compromise so please give me an example that I can do so without becoming someone who I am not. Obama's signature proposal was stimulus and healthcare. He spent the personal income tax receipts of the entire country for a whole year on projects HE wanted to do. Stimulus became a slush fund that he doled out to his pet projects and buddies. Where should I compromise on this?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Well, his healthcare plan was a non-compromise on the other side of the scale from the get-go, so I don't know how you'd compromise on that at this point and its going to go back and forth, from one end of the scale to another, in the years to come IMHO. On the stimulus issue, he was locked into it from the very first day and didn't have a choice. Anyone in his shoes would have had to do the same thing, regardless of the garabge claims they make now. Look, the compromise is in overall positions, not on individual issues. The Republicans say they want to tacklet the deficit, but at the same time don't have an issue with the rich paying 10% tax, while the middle class pay 50% tax. The Democrats want to cut spending on certain things and let it carry on in other areas. The compromise is to sit down and come up with ways where you can increase revenue, decrease spending and no one is happy - but the job gets down and the problem goes away.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
compromise? lol

"In an interview with National Journal magazine published October 23, 2010, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell explained that "the single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.""

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
This is stupid...for two reasons. A) The Comparison. B) It affects everybody, not just blacks. The conservatives (especially the Libertarian wing) are vehemently against these kinds of things.

[video=youtube_share;n9CZ5OUet3s]http://youtu.be/n9CZ5OUet3s[/video]
Words of wisdom from Ron Paul.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
The Republicans say they want to tacklet the deficit, but at the same time don't have an issue with the rich paying 10% tax, while the middle class pay 50% tax.
You know better, BH. I know you know better. Who is paying 10% and how do they do it because I want to be in on it too. Even if you have 100% of your income in capital gains and dividends, it is still 15%. And as for the poor middle class Joe, his effective income tax rate is ....3.3%. Besides, what do they do with all the money they collect now? You know they'll come back in a few years and say it is not enough and ask to pay a 'little more'. Oh, and don't fall for the old hat trick of spending cuts for a tax increase. Tax increase will happen on the dot but spending cuts never come.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=456