Pat Buchanan: 300 nukes in Israel yet Iran a threat?

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
I'm not gonna argue what Iran's stance is in the world but are you saying Israel is the police of the world?

Last edited:

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
No, I am saying guns are guns. It depends who has them. I don't think anyone wakes up in the morning worrying where Israel is going to nuke next.

May 9, 2004
No, I am saying guns are guns. It depends who has them. I don't think anyone wakes up in the morning worrying where Israel is going to nuke next.
خوب بعد از نادر شاه
چه کسی در ایران جنگی رو شروع کرده یا به کجا تجاوز کرده که جنابعالی این همه از داشتن یا نداشتن بمب اتم توسط ایران هراسان هستید ؟
ایران عراق زمان صدام نیست
انزمان هم که عراق شهرهای ما را بمباران میکرد ایران پنج شش سال از بمباران شهرهای عراق خوداری میکرد
حالا شما فکر میکنید اگر ایران بمب اتم داشته باشد این طرف و ان طرف پرتاب میکند ؟

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I clearly remember that firing missiles at cities was considered unislamic, until they got their own that is. Besides, it is not a question of going to war with them. It is like a bully with a gun vs. a bully with a stick. He doesn't have to use the gun to throw his weight around. Anyway, they are not making a bomb, are they?

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
Israel dosent waste their peoples money on terrorists like Hammas, Hezbollah and threaten to wipeout other countries without provication like the mollahs do. When Shah was trying to build the Nuke noone publicly said anything because they knew he was a sane individual who wasnt planning to start WAR WAR 3 so the 13th imam will come.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Don't compare this lunatic bunch of people occupying Iran to peaceful Iranians. These guys' track record is not accepting peace and attacking Iraq after peace was on the table. They also gave Sadam lots of reasons to attack. They said clearly that they were involved in the war between Hezbollah and Isreal a few years ago. They have been in a war with their non-violent opposition inside and for 33 years outside. There is so much to say. So, don't come and say Iran has not attacked anyone to give credit to these non-Iranian killers.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I'm not gonna argue what Iran's stance is in the world but are you saying Israel is the police of the world?
Just out of curiosity:

1) Do you support IR in their quest toward Nuclear weapon?
2) Will you feel safe with an IR that has 300 nuclear bombs ?

By the way, What are your thoughts on Khatami voting in this election ?

Last edited:

reza+

Ball Boy
Feb 19, 2004
do you think it's possible to request IAEA to inspect israeli nuclear/military sites with unrestricted and unconditional access to find out .... ah well, never mind !

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Just out of curiosity:

1) Do you support IR in their quest toward Nuclear weapon?
2) Will you feel safe with an IR that has 300 nuclear bombs ?
No and No. How can someone in their right mind support IR's access to Nukes and feel safe with that? That said, I feel pretty much the same way about Israel's access to nuclear weaponry.

By the way, What are your thoughts on Khatami voting in this election ?
I don't have any strong feelings one way or another. I think I'm disappointed but not surprised. This was expected from Khatami and unlike what everyone mentions about his "conditions" he never said he's not going to vote. In fact, he said at the time that he does not support boycotting the election but just thinks the reformists should not put forth a candidate list. He was vague on that to be fair though.

I never thought Khatami was leadership material. He's not decisive, brave and doesn't take risks. I'm pretty sure he doesn't consider himself leadership material either. In fact one of the main points he stressed on his rise to power was that people should not be looking for leaders. That said, I think Khatami is one of the most important people in our modern history who has exerted very positive influence on our society's evolutionary path. In my opinion his reform discourse and movement was and is a success and an important step forward in our history. But that doesn't make him a leader in the traditional sense of the word, i.e. one who people should follow.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
do you think it's possible to request IAEA to inspect israeli nuclear/military sites with unrestricted and unconditional access to find out .... ah well, never mind !
It is not illegal to make atom bombs. It is only illegal if you sign a treaty and then lie about it.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Police have tons of guns, crooks have one or two guns. What is your point?
Flint
Israel is a fake illigal racist apartheid state with 300 nuke bombs( not even part of NPT ) who threatens Iran on a daily basis!!
Israel attack and intimidate their neighbours such as Gaza and Lebanon on a daily basis!
Iran hasnt attacked or invaded any country for more than 150 years!!

And dont forget Only one country has used the nuclear bombs!! which country was it????
Thats right United Sates of America!!!

What planet do you live in???

reza+

Ball Boy
Feb 19, 2004
Flint ,,, that's a simplistic view re NPT. It's plainly clear that IAEA is used as a tool to put pressure on Iran for various reasons. It is quite obvious that, if any country should be made accountable re her military/nuclear activities, it's the country that has destroyed a nation (ie Palestine), displaced a great number of people, has occupied and settled on land illegally, has rejected Many UN resolutions ,,,, need I go on?

Frankly as an Iranian living in Iran, I feel threatened by Israel on a daily basis ... the IAEA is a joke ,,, I,m disappointed with the free/democratic countries' double standards on this issue ,,,,

It's high time fair minded people around the world lobbied various international organizations to thoroughly scrutinize Israel,s military/nuclear/biological research n activities ,,,, we just don,t kno anything about what they r up to

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Flint
Israel is a fake illigal racist apartheid state with 300 nuke bombs( not even part of NPT ) who threatens Iran on a daily basis!!
Israel attack and intimidate their neighbours such as Gaza and Lebanon on a daily basis!
Iran hasnt attacked or invaded any country for more than 150 years!!

And dont forget Only one country has used the nuclear bombs!! which country was it????
Thats right United Sates of America!!!

What planet do you live in???
If you want to start a debate about how Israel was created and how unjust it was, you have an argument. Here we are talking about much narrower issue. If you are not a signatory to NPT you can build yourself a bomb any day.

ps

Regarding where I live, I live on planet earth. It is hard to live in it. Kinda dark and damp.

Oct 18, 2010
i don't know if iran is working to build nuclear weapons but if i lived in iran and paid taxes to the iranian government i would demand and expect the government to be working on a nuclear deterrent.with all the threats against iran from isreal,usa,france.uk on using force and even talk of using tactical nuclear weapons, iranian citizens should not feel safe unless iran has a nuclear deterrent.

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
Flint ,,, that's a simplistic view re NPT. It's plainly clear that IAEA is used as a tool to put pressure on Iran for various reasons. It is quite obvious that, if any country should be made accountable re her military/nuclear activities, it's the country that has destroyed a nation (ie Palestine), displaced a great number of people, has occupied and settled on land illegally, has rejected Many UN resolutions ,,,, need I go on?

Frankly as an Iranian living in Iran, I feel threatened by Israel on a daily basis ... the IAEA is a joke ,,, I,m disappointed with the free/democratic countries' double standards on this issue ,,,,

It's high time fair minded people around the world lobbied various international organizations to thoroughly scrutinize Israel,s military/nuclear/biological research n activities ,,,, we just don,t kno anything about what they r up to
Israel is rightly angry because since 1979 these vehrmens in Irans leadership have been asking for its tottal destruction. Personally if i was in Israels shoes i would have destroyed the mollahs nuke facilities years ago. Israel didnt care when Shah was building nukes because he didnt threaten them.It's on the mollahs and their stupid rehotrics.

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
If Iran had a responsible and sane individuals running the country, noone would be this mad. Prior to 1979 the whole world knew shah was making the bomb and the germas were helping him make it.

Oct 18, 2010
If Iran had a responsible and sane individuals running the country, noone would be this mad. Prior to 1979 the whole world knew shah was making the bomb and the germas were helping him make it.
this is pure sepculation,you need to provide a source or citation for your speculation to be credible.from the research i have done on this issue iran never was in a position to make nuclear weapons at the time of the shah.he only started building the bushehr reactor with the help of germans which has no capability at all for making highly enriched uranium.in fact some authors have speculated that shah's ambition in a civilian nuclear program for iran was one of the reasons he was let go by his allies.they did not want iran to gain any knowledge in this field at all.germany as a historical ally was the only country willing to build a reactor for iran even at that time since the uk,us and france politely declined.it is interesting to note that last month when iran announced the ban of oil sales to eu countries they pointedly excluded germany from the ban.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Israel is not a signatory to NPT thus not obliged to IAEA inspection. Mind you IRI is free to leave NPT as they wish any time they wish but if they do they "might" loose purchasing power for perceived dual purpose equipment supplied by NSG , but still they can apply for a waiver just like India did right before detonating a test device and complied with the requirement . This provision is Subjected to approval of course.