Pathological lying and narcissism

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Question: Why are they lying ? For profit or every aspect of life ?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well here is my take after talking to my psych and psychiatrist I don't need to lie about smithing and I think I can chime in.
Check this out 13 traits of a narcissist from Psychologist Today I find that the two go hand and hand and most Narcissists I know are sociopaths and compulsive liars.I figure it is less pressure to be honest like I mentioned to everyone I am not going to BYU anymore and I am transferring to Purdue in the Summer.
If anyone asks am I going to school, I will say, "I am taking a Sabbatical until the Summer, I am studying for a Praxis 5038 English comprehensive exam," Problem solved.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/lifetime-connections/202110/the-13-traits-narcissist

Nov 29, 2002
Sherwin;n1026597 said:
Ok look I am going to be honest to you guys and fess up this is not my mock draft. This mock draft belongs to my friend Matt Chase. Sorry for lying again but it will never happen anymore. I am not going to lie over stupid things like this anymore and just post my own original tings. Once again I apologize.
Do you guys think pathological lying can be cured, or is it a trait that people have throughout their lives...? If someone hits 40 and is still lying or copying things to impress peopel, do you think they have hope?

I really want the answer to be yes and I personally believe it is never too late to change, but the change needs to come from within. What do you guys think?

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Do you guys think pathological lying can be cured, or is it a trait that people have throughout their lives...? If someone hits 40 and is still lying or copying things to impress peopel, do you think they have hope?

I really want the answer to be yes and I personally believe it is never too late to change, but the change needs to come from within. What do you guys think?
Unless there is a willingness to change it will not happen.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
What I'm trying to say is
,No Psychiatrist, any amount of intensive psychotherapy, or magic pill can help you change. Those are all TOOLS to help you but
you have to WANT to change, it has to come INTERNALLY, from within.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
Surely in your line of work you see kids who have had challenges in life but need someone to help them?

Sometimes it's a case of just the right person connecting with the person..? Is 40 too late?

Even if the lack of insight reaches almost surreal levels, is there not still a grain of hope..?

Last edited:
May 9, 2004
در تحلیل مکانیسم روانی فرد نکته مهمی وجود دارد و آن چیزی است که فروید هدفِ رؤیا می‌خواند. کلیدی‌ترین، مرکزی‌ترین و بحث برانگیزترین ایده فروید در این کتاب در هدفی است که فروید معتقد است تمامی رؤیاها معطوف به آنند: «تحققِ آرزو». رؤیاها همگی با هدف تحقق آرزوهای فرد شکل می‌گیرند. در این میان، یک نقد مهم وجود دارد و آن اینکه رویاهای نگران‌کننده یا ناراحت‌کننده چگونه می‌توانند تحقق آرزوهای فرد قلمداد شوند. قاعدتاً شخص باید زمانی که رؤیا او را در خیال به آرزوهایش می‌رساند خوشحال باشد یا لذت ببرد، اما چگونه است که برخی رؤیاها ناراحتی فرد را در رؤیا در پی دارد.​

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
What's up with the "Ramsey" change?
. \\Question for you, what is up with you being so interested in my name and hair color forces on your own life.
German proverb Minoger sind we ashlocher yader hat sis stinken, Traslation Opnions are like assholes, everyone has one and they stink.\
I could care less what people think about my last name change or hair color, nor do I need to justify or answer ProBt.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
You are not going crazy my man, that was my grandfather's name, he was a Colonel in the Army.
I am planning on gong in to Nevada Dept of Corrections at Indian Springs, if all goes well, the Academy starts in May, and Purdue starts in Summer.
So basically I don't want the inmates to know my last name Razmy so I am changing it to Ramsey.
My dad changed it from Razmyoush to Razmy to shorten it
but my mom suggested, why don't you pay $270 and change your last name, in the state of Nevada, from Razmy to Ramsey.
It is a safety issue and the wife also agrees and my dad is fine with that.

I got this exam called Praxis 5038 English Content Knowledge it is equal to a CSET content exam on Jan 19.
I plan on working and my veteran points and time will transfer so basically, I can either do 5 years and get an early retirement and 12.5% or do
10 years and get 25%. This will help pay for Purdue and John's Hopkins doctoral program ED in Organizational Leadership and my Redlands MBA transfers. All that will be about 5 years so anyways now you know why.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
You are not going crazy my man, that was my grandfather's name, he was a Colonel in the Army.
I am planning on gong in to Nevada Dept of Corrections at Indian Springs, if all goes well, the Academy starts in May, and Purdue starts in Summer.
So basically I don't want the inmates to know my last name Razmy so I am changing it to Ramsey.
My dad changed it from Razmyoush to Razmy to shorten it
but my mom suggested, why don't you pay $270 and change your last name, in the state of Nevada, from Razmy to Ramsey.
It is a safety issue and the wife also agrees and my dad is fine with that.

I got this exam called Praxis 5038 English Content Knowledge it is equal to a CSET content exam on Jan 19.
I plan on working and my veteran points and time will transfer so basically, I can either do 5 years and get an early retirement and 12.5% or do
10 years and get 25%. This will help pay for Purdue and John's Hopkins doctoral program ED in Organizational Leadership and my Redlands MBA transfers. All that will be about 5 years so anyways now you know why.
My supervisor told me something that I value now that I am older: one has to get his PhD by age 28, otherwise, it is not worth anything.
Why don't you go and work instead of wasting your life with this academic stuff you have in mind. Man PhD at age 50 is useless.

Nov 29, 2002
My supervisor told me something that I value now that I am older: one has to get his PhD by age 28, otherwise, it is not worth anything.
Why don't you go and work instead of wasting your life with this academic stuff you have in mind. Man PhD at age 50 is useless.
Surely education is timeless, no?

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/e...t-to-become-south-korea-s-oldest-phd-graduate

I don't think there's any wrong time to continue the learning journey, as long as the goal is actually learning, self-improvement and not something perfunctory or to impress strangers on the internet.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Surely education is timeless, no?

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/e...t-to-become-south-korea-s-oldest-phd-graduate

I don't think there's any wrong time to continue the learning journey, as long as the goal is actually learning, self-improvement and not something perfunctory or to impress strangers on the internet.

I also am not suggesting that people shouldn't continue learning and for learning really age doesn't matter but the purpose of PhD is mostly to continue an academic career. Nowadays, most people have to do post-doc for many years and fight very hard to get a position in some university. So the chances of getting an academic position is very slim for a 50 year old. Secondly, it is not all fun. PhD can be brutal, because you might not get results. One can finish his master, and work and continue his learning. what I am suggesting, come out of this fantasy world that having PhD is the most amazing thing in the world. This dude is talking about masters and PhD for a decade now. Baba now you are 40, go get a masters in an okay field and go work and contribute to society.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
That was my initial plan but the Navy kind of threw me a curve ball.
Why can't I do both?
know people who got their PhD's when they were in their 50's there is still time. I will be going to Purdue, then John's Hopkins,
while I am working full time
. The pay is good as well $80,000 first year, for Las Vegas that is good $60,000 after taxes. I can pay my way through school.
What you said is true but I am only 1 year away from getting my Masters.
The PHD program is 6 years if you have no units but in my case it is 4.I can get my Masters in 1 and my PHD in 4 total 5 years, I will be 46 when I a done.

I am still young and sharp, like I said I know people who got their law degree, when they were 55. A good friend of mine quit her cushy admin job 4 years ago that she hated. She is now working at a law firm and she is 10 years older than me.

What you said was true back when we did not have ONLINE EDUCATION, that is a game changer. You no longer have to go to a physical location and be obligated to show up to class 7-10 PM.
You can study whenever you want and balance work. I remember turning a research paper when I was in Antalya and I submitted another paper, when I was in Barcelona. As long as you have internet connection, you are good to go. I already also have 20 of the 32 units for grad school so only 12 or two classes a semester is left.
The only jobs readily available that pay well is law enforcement, and I think I am a good fit. I am already a good shot, that never goes away, even if you don't practice.
Also most people don't get their PHD by 28 because most people now are WORKING after their undergrad program. They realize that the degree by itself is not good enough, you need the work experience. My goal is within a decade, to be teaching English at Universidad de Barcelona so guess what language I am working on, Castilian Spanish. At least I understand some Italian so that is a start.

Last edited: