PELE IN AZADI STADIUM 1351 VS B IRAN NATIONAL TEAM

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
pas2-ak.jpg
some facts about the match:
1)15 Ordibehesht 1351 in azadi stadium,santos played with B iran team,after beating fanabache from turkey 6-1,they flew to Iran to play with iran national team
2)marhoom mehrab shahrokhi,went to air port at 3.00 AM to see him!!!
3)At the time,,iran perspolis players,Ali parvin,asghar adibi,fereydoon moeini and safar iranpaak had resigned from perspolis club....
4)just few days ago,before this event,ali abdo,slapped safar iranpaak face and kicked him out of club!!!
5)AJAX Amsterdam and AC.milan succeeded to enter to the semifinal of European champion league......
6)Reza pahlavi,watched the game in stadium.
7)ticket prices were 50,100,200,300 Rials!!!!!
8)Iran national team squad:1)keyvan nicknafs(GK) 2)Hassan habibi 3)mehdi lavasani 4)massoud moeini 5)ezatoolah janmaleki 6)nasrollah abdollahi 7)asghar adibi 8)hossein babakhanloo 9)gholam vafakhah 10)homayoon shahrokhi 11)parviz mirzahassan coach:Reykoff
9)the game was 1-1 till minute 82,after 3 consecutive poor replacements by reykoff,(reykoff confessed it later),massoud mojdehi,ali rahmani,ahmad monshizadeh,they succeded to score 4 more goals and santos won 5-1
10)during the match,pele scored 3 more goals,but it was declared as offside,otherwise they had to win 8-1
11)Parviz Aboutaleb,the legendary player of taj club team,asked pele to see his one day old newborn at ASIA hospital in tehran,pele visited him,and then,parviz named his son PELE...so we have two pele in the world,one pele another parviz aboutaleb son...
12)parviz mirza hassan scored the equalizying goal at min 28....
13)picture shows pele,with massoud moeini,parviz mirzahassan,gholam vafakhah,nasrrolah abdollahi,homayoon shahrokhi
ENJOY

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Kasra jan, thanks for the very interesting facts! :)
11)Parviz Aboutaleb,the legendary player of taj club team,asked pele to see his one day old newborn at ASIA hospital in tehran,pele visited him,and then,parviz named his son PELE...so we have two pele in the world,one pele another parviz aboutaleb son...
What a great character! No one else in his place would really have done the same for an Iranian player In Iran.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
Kasra jan, thanks for the very interesting facts! :)

What a great character! No one else in his place would really have done the same for an Iranian player In Iran.
thanks sly aziz,I am very happy you liked it,you know I think we need to know our history,we have to know where we come from and etc...we also have to know about players mentality and morality,we do not have to just focus on the way they play,pele was one of the few players who really is a human being,in next post,I will send some facts about pele,you will see not only he was a great sportman in the field of soccer but he was a true gentleman in field of life....

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Thanks for the post Kasra jan.
Funny thing was that Santos scored few more goals that were ruled out by the ref and at the end of the game Pele was presented with a rug that he jokingly said you should give this carpet to the referee !

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
thanks sly aziz,I am very happy you liked it,you know I think we need to know our history,we have to know where we come from and etc...we also have to know about players mentality and morality,we do not have to just focus on the way they play,pele was one of the few players who really is a human being,in next post,I will send some facts about pele,you will see not only he was a great sportman in the field of soccer but he was a true gentleman in field of life....
Kasra jan, I can't wait! :)

Oct 18, 2002
Los LAshkhores, Casifornia
Kasra jaan, thaks so much for all your great posts related to the football events of good old days. I was at the stadium for this game. The Iran "A" Team was away, so they put together this team to play Santos. Also, if I'm not mistaken, during the half-time show, Amir Rasaei (well-known singer at the time) congratulated the boys for having a 1-1 tie with Santos. Thanks again!

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
Kasra jaan, thaks so much for all your great posts related to the football events of good old days. I was at the stadium for this game. The Iran "A" Team was away, so they put together this team to play Santos. Also, if I'm not mistaken, during the half-time show, Amir Rasaei (well-known singer at the time) congratulated the boys for having a 1-1 tie with Santos. Thanks again!
footbalist jan:thanks so much for your input,I really admire you and oghab aziz,sly aziz,and the rest for adding informations to the posts ....wow,amir rasaei,I remember, he
used to come to motel ghoo,and sing songs...although I was a kid,but I remember one of his shows in motel ghoo.with elahe....it is very important if you guys have any memories from those old days please share with us,unfortunately,unlike the other countries,having many video clips from old days,we are always poor,and as usual insufficient,so the only way we can discuss is to send old pictures and write our memories...thanks again footballist jan.....

Davar

Ball Boy
Jun 8, 2005
I was 10 years old and was there at the stadium too. I remember that before the game Pele had predicted that Santos would score 9 goals, which but for some questionable offside calls, almost came true. Pele scored a spactacular goal when the left winger crossed the ball very hard and low into the penalty area, and Pele dove and headed the ball like a missle into the goal.

Oh, the wonderful good old days of childhood . . .

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
I was 10 years old and was there at the stadium too. I remember that before the game Pele had predicted that Santos would score 9 goals, which but for some questionable offside calls, almost came true. Pele scored a spactacular goal when the left winger crossed the ball very hard and low into the penalty area, and Pele dove and headed the ball like a missle into the goal.

Oh, the wonderful good old days of childhood . . .
Davar aziz:you mentioned a good point,when keyvan niknafs(Iran goalkeeper,conceded 5 goals,Rowshanzadeh asked him ,how did you concede so many goals?,he responded (( MAN JADOOYE BAZIE PELE SHODE BOODAM))!!!!!!