Persian Deck of Cards 1937

Behdad

National Team Player
Nov 7, 2004
Toronto, Canada
www.PersianWay.com
Representing Iranian culture and history and intended for a Persian market, these playing cards were designed by V. Romanowski de Boncza. The deck was commissioned by the Royal Iranian Government Playing Card Monopoly (Ministry of Finance) at the time and printed by De la Rue & Co., Ltd, c.1937.

They look so nice!!

Attachments

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Are these people legit?
I just bought the 2 deck package through paypal and got this:
Thanks for your order

Your payment of $24.99 USD is complete.

You're now going back to Carta Persica.

If you are not redirected within 10 seconds, click here.

When I click there it goes nowhere. Behdad I will collect the 24.99 from you if I don't get the cards:--biggrin

Behdad

National Team Player
Nov 7, 2004
Toronto, Canada
www.PersianWay.com
Are these people legit?
I just bought the 2 deck package through paypal and got this:
Thanks for your order

Your payment of $24.99 USD is complete.

You're now going back to Carta Persica.

If you are not redirected within 10 seconds, click here.

When I click there it goes nowhere. Behdad I will collect the 24.99 from you if I don't get the cards:--biggrin
LOL i havent ordered yet either i was waiting for someone to order here, ageh oomad bad man ham order midam lol :--biggrin :--biggrin

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
well ,in qajar time they called mother aziz (dear). i wonder what was, bee bee (BB), was it sister or mother or aunt or wife .i aslo heard khatoon ( sister) . bb in deck card was queen .

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
It would be world-wide news if they rip off an Esfahani with such ease.this must be a conspiracy on par with JFK Assassination & October Surprise.:)
Az holghoome paypal biroon mikesham Mashdi joon agar natoonestam az Behdad begiram.

pendar

Bench Warmer
Oct 17, 2002
T dot
www.legofish.com
The cards being sold on that site are obviously not the original vintage De la Rue cards. I looked for the originals quite a bit online but haven't been able to find any yet. Looks like those guys are basically copying the original designs and making new cards. Anyway Zob Ahan jan if you get them it would be great if you could update the thread so we know how the quality is.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Az holghoome paypal biroon mikesham Mashdi joon agar natoonestam az Behdad begiram.
I suspect that Behdad owns that website.and they say that Canadians aren't crafty. :)

But hey , you lost your money to a Barca fan.that should ease the pain.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Damn, I was just gonna order but luckily I read the rest of the thread so I guess I will be waiting for Zobahan's update first. :)

Zobahan jan, thanks for being our lab bunny! :)

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Update:

It just shipped!

Your package from Carta Persica is on its way. You can track it online using this tracking number.