Persian Gulf vs Arabian Gulf on NPR.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
NPR had an interview with this guy from Dubai earlier this evening. The guy was saying that they are building these islands in the waters of Dubai and then selling them to companies who would then build houses and stuff. He kept saying we are doing this in Arabian Gulf. He kept saying Arabian Gulf in every other word he used.

And the NPR lady stopped her and said, here, we call that body of water Persian Gulf, Why do you keep saying Arabian Gulf?

Jan 26, 2005
Behrang jon, if you have any more extra money, I will be more than happy to take it off your hand. As far as I know, you are the only Iranian that would pay for these kinds of services. The Iranian way is the free way or, no way.

Oldman

Bench Warmer
Jan 6, 2005
Ba dorood:

Behrang Jaan, tahnsk fo rthe news. Was it during Dian Reem's show?

I listen to NPR most of teh time.

Would you liek to help Iran by donnating to Persian Gulf Organization?

Did you know that PGO is going to have a float in NYC Persian Parade?

Oct 20, 2003
Farsi Zaban, the program is called "The World" it is usually very informative. The guy who was interviewed and used the wrong name, was from Dubai. He had the ridiculous idea of creating man made islands in the shape of the world and selling it to people with starting price of $6 million.
I heard the wrong name of the Persian Gulf on Diane Reheem show (another quality show on NPR), I emailed her with a polite objection, but never got a response.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
abe hoezi said:
Behrang jon, if you have any more extra money, I will be more than happy to take it off your hand. As far as I know, you are the only Iranian that would pay for these kinds of services. The Iranian way is the free way or, no way.
not true, there are a lot of generous & responsible Iranians around.

I have contributed to PBS, another NGO with great programs.

btw, what did the Arab guy answer when he was cornered with that question?

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
abe hoezi said:
Funny... If I had money sure i'd give it to you but with my paycheck you guys are lucky ISP is still up... I don't like the "normal" iranian mentality of use use and use as much as you can... But what can I change... I think we need to transform ourselves before talking about others...

Oldman said:
Would you liek to help Iran by donnating to Persian Gulf Organization?
Oldman, I select a few organizations that I give my money to. Car Talk / Diane are good... my favorite is the Kojo Nnamdi show which is local (i think) in the D.C. area.

Working a full time job / part time job and still taking classes don't leave me with much money... oh and then there's life after that :) Oh, and running ISP is not free

Jan 26, 2005
Behrang Jon,

Like you, we donate a lot of money each year. In my opinion, much more than what we can afford. We donate a lot of money each year to our schools by buying supplies and stuff like that for the classrooms and teachers. One day after the principle of our old school put out a note regarding needing old televisions for the classrooms; we went to store and spent close to a thousand dollars on the supplies for the school out of our own pocket. We are not rich. We live from paycheck to paycheck. We also donate money to the local church. I coach youth football teams. I spend my own money buying stuff for my teams (not only I don’t get paid, sometimes I have to listen to a lot of selfish complaints from the parents of my kids), that is on the top of what it cost me in transportation to go to practices and games. So, when it comes to donations, I am right there with you. You guys are more than generous. God bless all of you for that. You donate not only your money, but also tremendous amount of your time to run this site, so that people like me can logon and criticize you. I can only imagine how much of your own money you and the rest of the crew spend to keep this site from going down. So, I am not taking about you and Iranians like you. However, the fact that you guys have not been able to secure sponsors for your site in the past 8 years or so out of thousands of potential rich Iranians businesses, make me wonder.