Persian Gulf

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
a healthy amount of affinity for where you were born is pretty god.

I am defenitly against uber nationalism as pushed by alot of movements around the world.

it is basically a mild version of prejudice against others.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
You could say the same thing about all of these IR apologists who "rag gadaneshoon koloft shodeh" as I don't recall them being for nationalism.
That's fine point out the hypocrisy in our society all you want. Point out the misplace priories. and it is a valid one.

but the reality uniting against a society against a external threat is oldest trick in the book.

hell this is what Trump is doing in America. He is playing identity politics by highlight-lighting threat brown people

and this is what IRI is doing by diverting attention from their own incompetence when they turn on the nationalist fever.

It is just reality of the matter. it can't be avoided.

I didn't say that, of course we were invaded and ruled by them for like 300 years but our culture and language was not destroyed by them like other countries were.
Our culture is too rich and powerful and dominant, even attempts by new regime to undermine events like Norooz and 4shanbeh soori failed and Iranians went out in force in defiance of the wishes of the rulers.

Oghab jan who cares about 4 shanbe soori and Norooz Azziz jan ? Millions of Millions are struggling for their life basic needs day in and day out. You are poor if you make less than 1.5 Million a month . The official statement are suggesting %45 of Iranian are under the Poverty line and you are talking about they couldn't take away 4 shanbe soori ? Have you been lately to Iran ? let them take 4 shanbe soori and name it Arab or whatever gulf but let my people live in happiness and the life they deserve, I vote for that ...

and you know what's interesting ? Trump spoke about many other things, important things and no one even paid attention , this is how shallow we are . he spoke about the Money US released to Iran and I bet you no one even listened

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

and you know what's interesting ? Trump spoke about many other things, important things and no one even paid attention , this is how shallow we are . he spoke about the Money US released to Iran and I bet you no one even listened
What's next ahmadinejad being the authority on welfare of jews?

words matters and Mr Trump's words have made it clear that he is not exactly passionate about iranians!

Actions even speak louder and the Trump administration actions have basically signaled to Iranians that he wouldn't mind it all if they had a harder life.

Trump's audience for his speeches are not the iranian people. the audience his voting base. and secondarly his allies around the world.

There is no reason for any Iranian to rejoice in light of his words.

What's next ahmadinejad being the authority on welfare of jews?

words matters and Mr Trump's words have made it clear that he is not exactly passionate about iranians!

Actions even speak louder and the Trump administration actions have basically signaled to Iranians that he wouldn't mind it all if they had a harder life.

Trump's audience for his speeches are not the iranian people. the audience his voting base. and secondarly his allies around the world.

There is no reason for any Iranian to rejoice in light of his words.

Bro you're making things complicated for yourself and add some drama to it. the guy gave a speech about what he thinks about Iran and stated Arabian gulf instead. Now with today's Iran situation , the name of Persian Gulf is not the priority of our nations. He said many other things which you can think about and consider it more important. now if for you the name of Persian Gulf is so important then join the Anti Trump Campaign and fight for the name . to me there are 1000 other priorities ahead of the name of Persian gulf . Those ppl are hungry , do you understand and need safety so fucking call it Arabain Gulf , who gives a fuck ? Obama called it Persian Gulf so what did he do for Iran ???

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I think I was misunderstood, I do NOT agree with the term "Arabian Gulf" ... my point was, IF and only IF, our people, Iranians, UNITED behind our BIGGER problems the way they UNITE over Persian GULF, perhaps, the Persian Gulf problem would not even exist !!!

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I think I was misunderstood, I do NOT agree with the term "Arabian Gulf" ... my point was, IF and only IF, our people, Iranians, UNITED behind our BIGGER problems the way they UNITE over Persian GULF, perhaps, the Persian Gulf problem would not even exist !!!
Dude you keep saying "United" as if Iranians have achieved something special or done something significant about this whole Persian Gulf thing.

They haven't done shit. They haven't united worth shit.

It's not that important. It's only important enough to type a few words on their phone on Facebook or Instagram. Not more.

Ask Iranians if they're willing to give up 1% of their pathetic "Yaraneh" to keep fighting for the "Persian Gulf" cause. They're not. Rightfully so. Because it's not important.

Nov 24, 2002
Dude you keep saying "United" as if Iranians have achieved something special or done something significant about this whole Persian Gulf thing.

They haven't done shit. They haven't united worth shit.

It's not that important. It's only important enough to type a few words on their phone on Facebook or Instagram. Not more.

Ask Iranians if they're willing to give up 1% of their pathetic "Yaraneh" to keep fighting for the "Persian Gulf" cause. They're not. Rightfully so. Because it's not important.
This is in every society, not only Iranian, people tend to go for options which usually have no price or very minimum to pay for, that is in human nature, Lets give a forums example if you ask each member to monthly contribute 5 dollars to keep ISP or not even an Iranian forums alive, i bet half will disappear and won't even post anymore because there is a price to pay. Again as it was said in some previous posts despite our society issues and poverty, it doesn't give anyone the right to use a fake, nothing wrong with people expressing their opinions and disagreements about(not attacking and hickjacking Trump's account like an idiot of course).

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

Oghab jan who cares about 4 shanbe soori and Norooz Azziz jan ? Millions of Millions are struggling for their life basic needs day in and day out. You are poor if you make less than 1.5 Million a month . The official statement are suggesting %45 of Iranian are under the Poverty line and you are talking about they couldn't take away 4 shanbe soori ? Have you been lately to Iran ? let them take 4 shanbe soori and name it Arab or whatever gulf but let my people live in happiness and the life they deserve, I vote for that ...

Obviously millions care about their heritage and traditions otherwise they would not have lasted for thousands of years, specially those who are facing economic hardships keep them going and celebrate those traditions even if they can't afford to buy fish for their sabzi polo and have a piece of bread and cheese.

Dignity and sovereignty is not for sale...
We are proud nation, no matter how hard our situation is, we have proved that over thousands of years throughout history.