Photo : Reza Shah among students going abroad to study

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Rasoul JAn, Rajaie was not a graduate of Daneshkadeh Fanni. Rajaie was a teacher and a graduate of Tarbiat Moalem. Daneshkadeh Fanni was and still is a premier technical school in Iran, I do not know why you think Rajaie was Bazargan's student. Manesh een do nafar baham az zameen to assemoon fargh mikard; two totally different personalities.
Amir Joon Rokhsat,
I did not mean to say Rajaei physically sat in Bazargan's classroom. I meant student of his school of thaught. I know Rajaei personally, while living in exile in Zanjan (yeah living in our city was considered as harsh punishment..haha) he acted as Dabeer in our high school. Absulotly a darling as a person, but as a Premier and a President? My jaws dropped when I hear Banisard (khodesh khoshk misheh miofteh..) had picked him up as 1st Vazeer. According to Rajaei himself Bazargan and very few others were his undeniable mentors.

The NIOC might have not been exporting oil in those days nevertheless, it was the biggest company in the middle east if not in the world and still operational. NIOC was the largest employer in Khuzestan if not in Iran. NIOC job was not solely export; it is a huge organization with different divisions and operations. no Iranian ever managed it before to my knowledge, or was promoted to a top spot. Yet he was picked by Mossadegh to be in charge of NIOC; do you think if Mossadegh had a better manager in Iran he would have hesitated to pick someone else? The fact was we did not have a whole lot of technocrat back then.
One point is clear to me, right after the revolution, nobody could run Iran smoothly, absolutely no one. Onn rooza sang ro sang band nemishood, let's not forget that. . Bazargan tried his best in those chaotic days, once determined he could not continue, he resigned.
Well said, but will not change the fact. A man who opens up a business and within 10 month goes bankrupt, shuts down the doors and rettreats to solitude of his home can and should never be called a businessman.

Was he good person? ABSOLUTELY!! Far better than any one I know. A man of God, compassionate and a good father, friend and a neighbor. Could he make a good politician? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
He should have never violate and turn his back to the core principles of "Freedom Movement" the principles which he himself strive for so long to draft and implement. Nehzat Azadi's article #1 was:

1- Word by word following and implementation of the Iranian Constitution.

IMO He dropped the ball right where he accepted to be the head of illegal government while a constitutional government was still in charge and took part in drafting another constitution while the legal and nationally ratified one was still not abrogated. The embarrassment of the day in which he came in the radio and apologized to Khomeini 1st and the nation 2nd didn't really worth it. Do you remember which day I'm talking about?

Last edited: