Physically dominated and intimidated Iran should have a better game against Argentina

Mar 13, 2007
I can not recall a game at this level where a team dominated, intimidated and bullied another so blatantly! Nigeria treated Iran like a girl's team, disposessing them of the ball anytime they wanted to and out running them in almost every position and in every instant.

Im not sure if it is these group of iranian players who lack pace and physicality or if it is simply inferior preparations and physical fitness but Iran was bullied real bad and they knew it too. I dont think for a second any one of them believed they could take on and beat nigerians anywhere in a race or in a battle and that can psychologicaly destroy a teams confidence. Yes they did defend well in the last 18 with their formation but much of it was last second desparation defending and nigeria's lack of creativity and finishign touches.

I think against argentina at least they can believe that they may actualy be a faster bigger team and that physically they are not inferior and this alone can be a great confidence boost. I still think they will lose the game 2 or 3-0 but we should see a much better game from them and see some fluency.

Interestingly argentina did physically get bullied by bosnia and i hope Iran take a note and understand that outside messi, aguero and de maria argentina does not have any pace nor do they physically outweight iran anywhere. They should just focus and remember that mascherano is in their defence a (hopefully) and take comfort in that there is always hope to score a goal!

Feb 22, 2005
Not true, I have seen it happen to Chelsea playing Barcelona.

I can not recall a game at this level where a team dominated, intimidated and bullied another so blatantly! Nigeria treated Iran like a girl's team, disposessing them of the ball anytime they wanted to and out running them in almost every position and in every instant.

Im not sure if it is these group of iranian players who lack pace and physicality or if it is simply inferior preparations and physical fitness but Iran was bullied real bad and they knew it too. I dont think for a second any one of them believed they could take on and beat nigerians anywhere in a race or in a battle and that can psychologicaly destroy a teams confidence. Yes they did defend well in the last 18 with their formation but much of it was last second desparation defending and nigeria's lack of creativity and finishign touches.

I think against argentina at least they can believe that they may actualy be a faster bigger team and that physically they are not inferior and this alone can be a great confidence boost. I still think they will lose the game 2 or 3-0 but we should see a much better game from them and see some fluency.

Interestingly argentina did physically get bullied by bosnia and i hope Iran take a note and understand that outside messi, aguero and de maria argentina does not have any pace nor do they physically outweight iran anywhere. They should just focus and remember that mascherano is in their defence a (hopefully) and take comfort in that there is always hope to score a goal!

Feb 11, 2005
USA

Where did you get your license. Your comments are priceless.

Aug 21, 2005
next door

khodaish khaly khob koso shir mighe

Mar 13, 2007
Not true, I have seen it happen to Chelsea playing Barcelona.

Huh!!!!??? whats not true!? also what exactly have you seen happen to chelsea playing barcelona cause last time i checked barcelona hadn't beaten chelsea in some 10 years and 8 matches!!!??? lol. So not a single one of your comments made sense nor was funny, making you look like a complete moron that you are.

Oct 1, 2004
Disagree.
The one thing Iran did do in this game is pretty much win all the major physical battles and not lose fitness.
The touches were horrendous though

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
IDM, Iran was not physically inferior at all. We actually stacked well against them. Nigerians were a lot more muscular individuals, but that's just genetics at play. As far as 1x1 physical encounters, Iran was clearly superior in engagement technique and recovery. Didn't you see Nigerians falling on their asses like flies? They were getting hurt left and right.

Tactically, Iran absolutely destroyed Nigeria's game. Nigeria didn't even get a single good chance (while Iran did!)

As far as technical play and attacking tempo, Iran didn't even try, which was a given going into the game. Iran doesn't have any players capable of pulling such things at this level except for Dejagah who was quite disappointing today.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
IDM, Iran was not physically inferior at all. We actually stacked well against them. Nigerians were a lot more muscular individuals, but that's just genetics at play. As far as 1x1 physical encounters, Iran was clearly superior in engagement technique and recovery. Didn't you see Nigerians falling on their asses like flies? They were getting hurt left and right.

Tactically, Iran absolutely destroyed Nigeria's game. Nigeria didn't even get a single good chance (while Iran did!)

As far as technical play and attacking tempo, Iran didn't even try, which was a given going into the game. Iran doesn't have any players capable of pulling such things at this level except for Dejagah who was quite disappointing today.

I posted in another thread that having an experienced, confident and creative player like Ali Karimi as a substitute for the last 25 minutes of the match could have filled that void. Did you see what Drogba did for his team three days ago?

Mar 13, 2007

This has nothing to do with who is more muscular or who fell down more! soccer is not football or hockey and is not a physicall game in that sense anyways, this is about bullying and dispossessing your opponents of the ball at will and winning every individual race. Just because you stayed back in your box with littel room to move and kicked away every ball that came your way doesnt mean you stacked well physically against another team.
They were countless instances where trailing nigerian players would come back to win the ball from iranian who were yards ahead of them or take. for most opart iran could not string two passes together because nigerians would reposess the ball at will, iranians had no pace or power to do anyting with any posessions they had.

in a funny instance victor moses was trailing two iranian players and pulled a stnning gareth bale! he released to ball well behind the two players and went round them on the line and beat them both to the ball in the easiest manner. But that happended through out the game on consistent basis. You folks need to go and watch that game again, pay attention to such details.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

you are right , but that is becuase we are no push overs , we know how to carry ourselves , but they were more successful than us in keeping and winning the ball and that is understandable , they were stronger in that department .

we had some stress in our game , Khosro and Ashkan didn't have the composure they normally have when they were in offence mode and lost the ball too easily but they did their prime duty and that was to defend and support their team mates in defence , I am sure they will have less stress and more composure in the next two games .

sam000

Ball Boy
Nov 24, 2005
the worst performance was iran team in whole mondials time , so embarassing

not able to make 3 passes correctly !
all team is defensive

no assisantce for gucci in making attacking plans ! how can they score !

no ambition at all

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
This has nothing to do with who is more muscular or who fell down more! soccer is not football or hockey and is not a physicall game in that sense anyways, this is about bullying and dispossessing your opponents of the ball at will and winning every individual race. Just because you stayed back in your box with littel room to move and kicked away every ball that came your way doesnt mean you stacked well physically against another team.
They were countless instances where trailing nigerian players would come back to win the ball from iranian who were yards ahead of them or take. for most opart iran could not string two passes together because nigerians would reposess the ball at will, iranians had no pace or power to do anyting with any posessions they had.

in a funny instance victor moses was trailing two iranian players and pulled a stnning gareth bale! he released to ball well behind the two players and went round them on the line and beat them both to the ball in the easiest manner. But that happended through out the game on consistent basis. You folks need to go and watch that game again, pay attention to such details.
The Gareth Bale like move by Moses only happened once and it was due to Heydari being a woefully slow reactor to the situation. Heydari didn't have a good game at all. And we already knew Iran is a much much slower team than Nigeria going into the game. Iran doesn't have a single player who can run 100m in under 11 seconds(maybe even 12), while most Nigerians are indeed very fast runners.

Of course Nigeria was more successful at keeping possession and winning balls. They're a whole class above Iran. That's why this was such a successful result for Iran. Iran is a weaker team than all the teams in this World Cup. If anyone thinks otherwise, they're delusional.

May 9, 2004
میگه الجزایر بهتر از ایران بازی کرد
خوب چه فایده ؟
ایران همه با خیلی تیمها توی جام جهانی خوب بازی کرد
بازی با پرو یادت نیست که چقدر حمله میکردیم و مثل شیر ژیان تو زمین پرو جولان میدادیم ؟
چه فایده چهارتا خوردیم؟

ehsan

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
After seeing you post in this forum for 10+ years, I am convinced you will die alone.

I think this dude gets a boner from every useless thread he posts. Probably types half his posts w/ it. He's one sick @#$#.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Elmeh Gheyb dareh bashar !!!
Of course Nigerian one to one are superior to Iranian players, there is the reason most of them play in top European leagues. But this sport is all about the team and Iran was superior than Nigeria in that term.