Picking a Movie for tonight

Jun 26, 2007
I'm a big fan of the genre...just wanted to know if you had to choose 1 that freaked u out the most (1 classic, 1 modern) what would your pick be.
mine are:

Classic: Evil Dead!!!!! (Kolbe vahshat)
Modern:Dead Silence (I ve seen most of the horrors movies of recent times, but none of them freaked me out like Dead Silence, I recommend it)

pansari

Bench Warmer
May 24, 2006
Scariest would have to have been Saw 1. The original played on a part of my mind which couldnt allow me comprehend why ppl would do this. After watching this movie, i came and was the phone and noticed when i left i hadn't locked my door, so that already freaked me out. I moved my couch to behind the front door, and then put my snowboard b/w the couch and the wall with the logic that if anyone attacks my house tointe, they'll have to break the snowboard which will wake me up (there was a knife beside the bed) and i could defend myself.

There is a word my dad always calls me........ah yes........gooztarc

Jun 26, 2007
saw 1 was amazing no doubt! and dead silence was from the same director by the way!!
The ending of saw was just unbelievable!! just like the ending of dead silence!

p.s. my father always says "why should I PAY MONEY to get scared?!!!"

Mr Thick

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Evil dead 1 & 2 were great, child's play 2, nightmare on elm street (first few ones) and The exorcist (first one only).

The old Halloweens were also pretty good.

There hasn't been a good horror movie for ages...

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
probably the first one I ever watched... I was maybe 7 or 8 years old at my first sleep over at one of my friends houses for his birthday and we were up late playing Nintendo then the Nintendo stopped working so we watched TV.

I think the name was... The people under the stairs ... something like that... I remember there was this white family and they put their kid under the stairs and other people... and these people lived in the walls... I think we were all scared for days after that LOL

Jun 26, 2007
This may not be classified as a typical horror movie, but "Last House On The Left" was one of the most disturbing things i had ever experienced!!

The movie was made in the 70s...but OMG!!! I dont think anyone who has seen it will ever go near it again!!!

The movie is banned almost everywhere!!

It damaged my soul!
:crutch:

Jun 26, 2007
lol Behrang jan....

I still remember the first horror movie I watched....I was in greade 2!! in my aunt's house i saw this video cover (betamax!!!) with the title "House"!!
immediately I know it could'nt have been a "nice" movie just from the title! but u know what happens with horror movies!! u just have to watch them!

19 years later, the music from the film is still in my head, when i sleep!!!

Honourable Mentions:
Evil dead II (better than I)
Candyman
Dead alive
Poltergeist
Excorsism of Emily Rose
Texas chainsaw (2003)
The Ring I
Blairwitch Project I
Killer Klowns from Outer Space (I will never eveeer buy my kid a clown!!!!!)
Hellraisor I
Pet Semetary
Shabe bisto nohom!!

InDaMoneyz

IPL Player
Mar 13, 2007
Recent years horror movies have been very popuar and there is hardly a week without a horror movie release these days. Many of them have similar styles though which could mean they maybe very exciting but not necessarily very spooky.

I have seen many but all in all I say shinning is sill the greatest and most unique horror film of all, specially if you first time saw it at the age of 14 by yourself in an empty 15th century 4 story high boarding school in a small european town cause you had decided not to go home for the weekend.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It's directed by Mohsen Makhmalbaf but it seems very boring.

Apparently Lona Shad is the actress.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark

In 2001, four Pakistani Britons, Ruhal Ahmed, Asif Iqbal and Shafiq Rasul and another friend, Monir, travel to Pakistan for a wedding and in a urge of idealism,
decide to see the situation of war torn Afganistan which is being bombed by the American forces in retaliation for the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Once there, with the loss of Monir in the wartime chaos, they are captured by Northern Alliance fighters.
They are then handed them over the American forces who transport them to the prison camps at the Guantanamo Bay base in Cuba.
What follows is three years of relentless imprisonment, interrogations and torture to make them submit to blatantly wrong confessions to being terrorists.
In the midst of this abuse, the three struggle to keep their spirits up in that face of this grave injustice.
Written by Kenneth Chisholm (kchishol@rogers.com)

---------------------------------------------------------------

is the story all real or pure propoganda?

Here is the trailer:

I saw it the other day!

:peep:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Pue politics!
Thanx!

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Here is the whole movie in 11 parts (each part 10 minutes)

Watch and Judge yourself!

Part 1

Part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5

part 6

part 7

part 8

part 9

part 10

part 11

Last edited:

pansari

Bench Warmer
May 24, 2006
It is indeed Political Brando Jan,

I believe that the story depicts the events that happened to the Tipton Three.
here is the Wiki article on them

The Tipton Three is the collective name given to three young men from Tipton, England, United Kingdom, who were held in extrajudicial detention for two years in Guantánamo Bay detainment camps, in Cuba. [1] Ruhal Ahmed was born on March 11, 1981; Asif Iqbal was born on April 24, 1981; the Department of Defense estimated that Shafiq Rasul was born in 1973.[2] Other reports state he was only a couple of years older than his friends. The three were repatriated to the UK in March 2004, and released, without charge, the next day.

They were represented from the U.K. by human rights lawyer Gareth Peirce.[3]
Contents
[hide]

* 1 People
o 1.1 Ruhal Ahmed
o 1.2 Shafiq Rasul
o 1.3 Asif Iqbal
* 2 Abuse claims
* 3 Film
* 4 Lie Lab
* 5 References
* 6 External links

[edit] People

[edit] Ruhal Ahmed

Main article: Ruhal Ahmed

Ruhal Ahmed is a British citizen. Having been captured, Ahmed was detained for over two years by the United States, first in Afghanistan, and then in Camp Delta, the American prison for suspects in the War on Terror, at its naval base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. It is alleged that his detainee identification number was 110.

During an interview, on Friday, 23rd, June, 2006, MSNBC spelt it as "Ruhel Ahmed".

Ruhal Ahmed has been refused a visa to visit Australia to promote The Road to Guantanamo.[4].

[edit] Shafiq Rasul

Main article: Shafiq Rasul

Shafiq Rasul (born April 15, 1977, in Dudley, West Midlands, England) is best known for being a detainee held at Guantanamo Bay by the United States, which treated him an unlawful combatant. His detainee ID number was 86.

His family discovered his detention when the British Foreign Office contacted them on January 21, 2002. He was released in March 2004, shortly after his return to the United Kingdom, more than three months before Rasul v. Bush was decided.

[edit] Asif Iqbal

Main article: Asif Iqbal (Guantanamo detainee 87)

Asif Iqbal (born April 24, 1981) is a British citizen who was held in extrajudicial detention as a terror suspect in the United States' Guantanamo Bay detainment camps in Cuba. Iqbal's Guantanamo detainee ID number is 87. The Department of Defense reports that Iqbal was born on April 24, 1981, in West Bromwich, United Kingdom.

Iqbal, and four other Britons, were released on March 9, 2004.[1] Iqbal, had traveled with, was captured with, and was released with two friends of his, Ruhal Ahmed and Shafiq Rasul, from his home town of Tipton, United Kingdom.

Asif married on the 2nd July 2005.

[edit] Abuse claims

On August 4, 2004 Iqbal, Ahmed and Rasul released a report on their abuse and humiliation while in US custody.[2] In it, according to the BBC, the three describe significant abuse, including:

* They were repeatedly punched, kicked, slapped, forcibly injected with drugs, deprived of sleep, hooded, photographed naked and subjected to body cavity searches and sexual and religious humiliations.
* The American guard told the inmates: "The world does not know you're here - we would kill you and no-one would know".
* Mr Iqbal said when he arrived at Guantanamo, one of the soldiers told him: "You killed my family in the towers and now it's time to get you back".
* Mr Rasul said an MI5 officer had told him during an interrogation that he would be detained in Guantanamo for life.
* The men said they saw the beating of mentally-ill inmates.
* Another man was left brain damaged after a beating by soldiers as punishment for attempting suicide.
* The Britons said an inmate told them he was shown a video of hooded men - apparently inmates - being forced to sodomise one another.
* Guards threw prisoners' Korans into toilets and tried to force them to give up their religion

The appointment of General Geoffrey Miller coincided with the introduction of new, harsher treatment, including short shackling and the forced shaving-off of beards.

In the report they allege that those who represented themselves as being from MI5, or the British Foreign Office, seemed unconcerned with their welfare.

In the end, the abusive interrogation led the three to falsely confess (under force) to being the three previously-unidentified faces in an alleged video that showed a meeting between Osama bin Laden and Mohammed Atta, even though they were in Tipton when the meeting occurred.

The three were among the first released detainees who were able to give an alternative view of conditions within the camp to that offered by United States Department of Defense spokespersons.[5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]

[edit] Film

The Road to Guantanamo is a docu-drama about the Tipton Three by director Michael Winterbottom.[11][12] based on the initial account from the three detainees.

It can be viewed here on the web at sites such as Google Video

[edit] Lie Lab

In 2007 two members of the Tipton Three - Ruhal Ahmed and Shafiq Rasul - agreed to participate in the Channel 4 documentry Lie Lab in an atempt to prove their innocence of allegations made by the US Government. The technology used on the show was developed by Professor Sean Spence from the University of Sheffield. It uses Functional magnetic resonance imaging to look at the activity in the pre frontal cortex to determine the truthfulness of statements[13]. Having previously claimed that he had entered Afghanistan for the purposes of carrying out charity work, Ruhal Ahmed admitted on the programme that he had visited an Islamist training camp, where he handled weapons and learned how to use an AK47. Rasul refused to go through with the test.