Picking a Movie for tonight

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????
Are you serius finally jan?
The first one was a evergreen masterpiece. Now I don't give F*** about Rambo 2,3,......4000. But please dont pull down the image of FIRST BLOOD.

btw, same with Sly's other movie.
Rocky I = masterpiece
Rocky 2,3......4000 = down in the drain.
Mohammadezajan, damet garm... Rocky 1 was a masterpiece and you can't compare it with all the others but Rocky 2 up to 4 are all classic too.

Rockey 4 is actually the first Rocky I saw. I still love it. :)

Gorn Captain

Bench Warmer
Jan 19, 2008
i saw it.

If you are too young to remember the revolution (or if you were born after it), it is worth watching.

At some cross sections it really gets to the roots of some issues iranian youths had in europe (living alone with racism and isolationalism), i somehow put myself exactly in her shoes being sent alone to europe at a very young age.

however, if you have been through the revolution and seen it all it would be nothing new to you.

Obviously it is biased towards a leftist ideology and it both hammers Shah's regime and the shiite regime but i think one can kind of look beyond that and identify with issues she is putting forward.

you decide.

Aug 29, 2005
I think the movie sucked big time, I liked the books way better. They only took the negative parts about Iran out the book and used it in the movie.

iman_kh

Bench Warmer
Sep 18, 2005
ive seen it. it is pretty good. i wish i had watched the english version, cuz the french gets on your nerves after a while...

iranissick

Bench Warmer
Dec 10, 2005
london, on
i just saw Half Nelson.
Ryan Gosling (from the Notebook) plays an elemntary school teacher who is an addict.
he puts in a good performance, and a movie def worth watching

Aug 26, 2005
i just saw Half Nelson.
Ryan Gosling (from the Notebook) plays an elemntary school teacher who is an addict.
he puts in a good performance, and a movie def worth watching

I've seen it. IMO Gosling's performance outshines the movie.

I saw Sweeney Todd recently. I loved it. Great film, and very weird for a Musical. Pretty gory though, so you've been warned.

Aug 26, 2005
I just saw Easten Promises. A very good movie. Very original mafia story. Viggo Mortensen (one of my favourite actors) and Naomi Watts star in it.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
If you like to see an old but fine movie: "And God created woman". French movie played by Bridgette Bardo who I despise the most for her uncompromising and racist attitudes. But she was pretty actress at her times.
If you like an old comedy, "Life of Brian" played by John Cleese and Monthy Python folks.

Iranian movies, I liked Gabbeh and Atash-Bas...
Semi old ones... loved Planet of Apes and 3-kings(George Clooney),
Kingdom of heavens (although the facts of history was twisted a lot),
Keeping the faith (2000)
Almost new.. Syriana (someone mentioned it already) - Alvin and the chipmonks (yeah I know it is kids movie).

Upcomming, I would like to see "Meet the Spartans" not released here yet. Have you guys in the US seen it? Any good?

Aug 26, 2005
I just saw "Into the Wild" and what can I say? One of the best movies I have ever seen. The trailer or ads just aren't enough. You HAVE to see this movie. It is about self-recognition, life lessons and the simpleness that life should be. Beautifully shot in some gorgeous places, you will be doing yourself a disservice not to see this film. Emile Hirshe was FANTASTIC. I am not quite sure how he wasn't nominated for the best actor category - far better George Clooney, at least. The little side-stories and the lesser characters, all well described. A complete film.

Aug 26, 2005
Kaz jaan have you seen apocalpyto yet?
Zopyrus jan, I saw Apocalypto a while ago when it came out. That too is a great movie. Gets your attention right from the start and doesn't let go till the end. So beautifully shot and acted...you forget you're watching a film and that these people are actors. You think it's some sort of documentary or you're watching it as it has happened. That too is a must see movie.